Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152226 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #2500 on: April 25, 2023, 02:18:59 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

Isn't that pretty much why ever war ever fought  was started?

@sneakypete

Generally, yes, and Europe was the epicenter of that for a couple thousand years.  But it looks like the major powers of Europe had finally grown up.  For more than 75 years after the end of World War II, they stayed at peace.  We obviously complained about the growing pacifism in Europe, but at least it was admirable in the sense it showed those people were sick of war.

That's why I think so many of the European people are furious at Russia for invading Ukraine. I think they had come to believe that they had finally banished wars of conquest from Europe forever. But here comes Putin deciding to remount that horrible horse of the Apocalypse and bring war to Europe again.

That's why I think The Russian invasion has to be defeated. It has to be shown that at least that corner of the world will not allow anyone to profit from starting a war of aggression.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #2501 on: April 25, 2023, 02:20:47 pm »
TOS?, before the blackout, I think Russia was the biggest foreign traffic location of the site.  I seldom visit that cesspool, so I wouldn't know.   

I am hoping Kevin can come up with one known conservatve pundit who is pro-Putin.  They might exist, but before making claims like that I want to hear who they are.

Well, there was one very prominent conservative pundit who said he was rooting for Russia in its war against Ukraine...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2502 on: April 25, 2023, 02:25:43 pm »
Well, there was one very prominent conservative pundit who said he was rooting for Russia in its war against Ukraine...

Who?  PM if needed. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #2503 on: April 25, 2023, 06:38:11 pm »
Who?  PM if needed.

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1199135926955466753?s=20

Tucker said it on his own show.

After Twitter exploded, he then came back at the very end of his show and claimed to have been joking.  Seemed pretty serious to me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 06:40:14 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2504 on: April 25, 2023, 06:49:45 pm »

Tucker said it on his own show.

After Twitter exploded, he then came back at the very end of his show and claimed to have been joking.  Seemed pretty serious to me.

I missed that, but do know that on several other shows he has said some unflattering things about Putin.  So which Tucker do you beleive?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #2505 on: April 25, 2023, 09:33:34 pm »
I missed that, but do know that on several other shows he has said some unflattering things about Putin.  So which Tucker do you beleive?

You could believe both.  That he roots for Russia but doesn't like Putin.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2506 on: April 25, 2023, 11:36:39 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

Isn't that pretty much why ever war ever fought  was started?
Resources and economics are at the bottom of most.

This one the 'occupied' Ukraine includes 87% of the oil and gas production in the country, and there was a bid to control all the port areas (and any offshore oil and gas in the Black Sea). Control the ports, control the products that ship. It's economic. Ukraine is a major grain producer for the region.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2507 on: April 26, 2023, 12:06:18 am »
TOS?, before the blackout, I think Russia was the biggest foreign traffic location of the site.  I seldom visit that cesspool, so I wouldn't know.   

I am hoping Kevin can come up with one known conservatve pundit who is pro-Putin. They might exist, but before making claims like that I want to hear who they are.

@catfish1957

There is no such critter,so that would be impossible.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2508 on: April 26, 2023, 12:09:10 am »
That's why I hate Putin.

War is a horrible, horrible thing, and he started one just to grab more land and build his own ego.  Hope he burns for eternity.

@Maj.Bill Martin

In other words,he started a war for the usual reasons.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2509 on: April 26, 2023, 12:11:30 am »

@Kamaji
@sneakypete

Check out the TOS and if you like Twitter as well. Hell, the Libertarian Party has been spouting pro-Russia crap.

@kevindavis007

If they are doing that,they are NOT "Libertarians". Hell,I doubt they even understand what the word "Liberty" means.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2510 on: April 26, 2023, 12:14:17 am »
@sneakypete

Generally, yes, and Europe was the epicenter of that for a couple thousand years.  But it looks like the major powers of Europe had finally grown up.  For more than 75 years after the end of World War II, they stayed at peace.  We obviously complained about the growing pacifism in Europe, but at least it was admirable in the sense it showed those people were sick of war.

That's why I think so many of the European people are furious at Russia for invading Ukraine. I think they had come to believe that they had finally banished wars of conquest from Europe forever. But here comes Putin deciding to remount that horrible horse of the Apocalypse and bring war to Europe again.

That's why I think The Russian invasion has to be defeated. It has to be shown that at least that corner of the world will not allow anyone to profit from starting a war of aggression.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Can't argue with any of that. Not even a single  word.

I can only add to it by stating the older people in Europe understand that if the Soviets are allowed to take over Ukraine,history tells them all they are next.

Putin in nothing less than a tyrant,just like Stalin. There is NO compromise with a tryant. You either become his master,or his slave,and nobody understands this better than the over-60 generation in Europe.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 12:17:03 am by sneakypete »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2511 on: April 26, 2023, 12:15:06 am »
@sneakypete

I think the main reason why there hasn't been a war for 75 years was due to us via NATO.

Yes, they have grown up, but they have gotten soft as well. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2512 on: April 26, 2023, 12:17:46 am »
@kevindavis007

If they are doing that,they are NOT "Libertarians". Hell,I doubt they even understand what the word "Liberty" means.

@sneakypete

That is correct. What happened the Mises Caucus took over that party.

They are not a serious party...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mises_Caucus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2513 on: April 26, 2023, 12:24:50 am »

I think the main reason why there hasn't been a war for 75 years was due to us via NATO.

Yes, they have grown up, but they have gotten soft as well.

@kevindavis007

I agree,but even IF we are both wrong,NATO WAS a prime factor in any invasion thinking by the USSR.

Not so sure this is true any longer,though. The left has virtually taken over control of so many western nations that I am no longer sure of any alliances being real.

THE "factor" that makes this current discussion about the USSR versus NATO relevant is that the western leftists can talk all the trash they want,but deep down most understand that THEY will be going into the labor camps just like everyone else.

Providing they aren't just backed against a wall and shot,of course. After all,if their OWN people couldn't trust them,why should the neo-Soviets?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2514 on: April 26, 2023, 12:28:26 am »

@sneakypete

That is correct. What happened the Mises Caucus took over that party.

They are not a serious party...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mises_Caucus

@kevindavis007

Thanks!

I had never even heard of the Mises Caucus.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2515 on: April 26, 2023, 01:12:52 am »
US has shipped over 1.5 million rounds of 155 mm munition to Ukraine. Here's why the ammo is so crucial.

The 155 mm howitzer round is one of the most requested artillery munitions of the war in Ukraine. Already the U.S. has shipped more than 1.5 million rounds to Ukraine, but Kyiv is still seeking more.

A look at why this particular munition is so commonly used, and why it's been so critical to the war in Ukraine.

What is the 155 MM?

Essentially, the 155 mm round is a very big bullet, made up of four parts: the detonating fuse, projectile, propellant and primer.

Each round is about 2 feet long, weighs about 100 pounds, and is 155 mm, or 6.1 inches, in diameter. They are used in howitzer systems, which are towed large guns that are identified by the range of the angle of fire that their barrels can be set to.

The 155 mm shells can be configured in many ways: They can be packed with highly explosive material, use precision guided systems, pierce armor or produce high fragmentation.

Past variants have included smoke rounds to obscure troop movement and illumination rounds to expose an enemy’s position.

"The 155 mm round and the similar Soviet-era 152 mm rounds are so popular because they provide a good balance between range and warhead size," said Ryan Brobst, a research analyst at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies. "If you have too small a shell, it won’t do enough damage and go as far. If you have a larger shell, you can’t necessarily fire it as far. This is the most common middle ground, and that’s why it’s so widely used."...............

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-shipped-1-5-million-rounds-155-mm-munition-ukraine-heres-why-ammo-crucial
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2516 on: April 26, 2023, 02:54:32 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #2518 on: April 26, 2023, 04:56:39 am »
Actually, 155 rounds themselves do not contain propellant.  The propellant/powder is contained in bags that are loaded into the tube separately after the round itself is rammed, with the number of bags used dependant upon the range at which you are firing.

Other than that, though, Fox described it well.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 04:58:58 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2519 on: April 26, 2023, 10:30:26 am »
Ukrainian drone flies over Kremlin

https://twitter.com/sternenko/status/1650456635251339265

Too bad it didn't bomb the Kremlin. Just a warning shot I think.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2520 on: April 26, 2023, 01:18:24 pm »
@amuse
@amuse
WAR UPDATE: Zelensky initiated a call to Xi to let him know Ukraine was sending a new ambassador to China (the last one was rejected). Xi pressured Zelensky to begin peace negotiations with Russia. Implying that if Ukraine refuses, China will openly begin to support Russia's war effort (the stick). Xi also made it clear China would be VERY helpful in the effort to rebuild Ukraine once the conflict ended (the carrot). Zelensky is under maximum pressure from the White House to NOT begin any sort of peace negotiations until Russia has left all Ukrainian territory including Crimea. Will Zelensky heed Xi's warning/offer or will he stick with the Bidens?
9:10 AM · Apr 26, 2023

AFP News Agency
@AFP
1h
#BREAKING China's Xi held call with Ukraine's Zelensky: state media
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2521 on: April 26, 2023, 01:37:20 pm »
@amuse
@amuse
WAR UPDATE: Zelensky initiated a call to Xi to let him know Ukraine was sending a new ambassador to China (the last one was rejected). Xi pressured Zelensky to begin peace negotiations with Russia. Implying that if Ukraine refuses, China will openly begin to support Russia's war effort (the stick). Xi also made it clear China would be VERY helpful in the effort to rebuild Ukraine once the conflict ended (the carrot). Zelensky is under maximum pressure from the White House to NOT begin any sort of peace negotiations until Russia has left all Ukrainian territory including Crimea. Will Zelensky heed Xi's warning/offer or will he stick with the Bidens?
9:10 AM · Apr 26, 2023

AFP News Agency
@AFP
1h
#BREAKING China's Xi held call with Ukraine's Zelensky: state media

Simple translation:  Chicoms have replaced us as geo-political power brokers in the world.  Thanks Pedo Joe.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2522 on: April 26, 2023, 01:49:44 pm »

Too bad it didn't bomb the Kremlin. Just a warning shot I think.

Wish it shoved one right up Putin's ass.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2523 on: April 26, 2023, 02:30:19 pm »
Wish it shoved one right up Putin's ass.

Up his ass, then somehow still able to bomb Lenin's tomb.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #2524 on: April 26, 2023, 05:55:24 pm »
@Maj.Bill Martin

In other words,he started a war for the usual reasons.

Sometimes there are ethnic/religious/ideological overtones as well.  This was pretty much like Saddam in 1990 - I'm invading other country just because I want to make my country larger and wealthier.