Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152355 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #2475 on: April 24, 2023, 03:22:49 pm »
Yes, but this isn't just about soldiers in general, it's about the fact that Russia released a lot of prisoners who had been convicted of some heinous crimes, and gave them pardons if they served in the Russian army in Ukraine and survived the ordeal.  These prisoners are now beginning to return to Russian society, many of them most likely still unrepentant of the crimes for which they were locked up, and now further hardened by their experience in the fight in Ukraine.

@Kamaji

True.

The mere fact that the Soviets actually freed these prisoners and sent them to war shows us all how desperate the Soviet Army of today really  is.

I have trouble believing the Soviet System can recover from this huge brain fart. Especially  if/when China gets permission (or takes it over WITHOUT permission because there is nothing that Russia can  do to stop them other than fire off nukes) to take over control of the northwestern part of Russia to mine and build housing for workers. Once that happens,ALL of that immense wealth is lost to Russia.

The problem I have is trying to figure out who and what is going to replace the current Soviet system,and will the world be a safer or a more dangerous place after this happens.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2476 on: April 24, 2023, 03:39:47 pm »
I always thought that was a smear of Vietnam War Vets, personally. Many had PTSD, but I'm not sure they were any more violent than the general population.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

The truth is that at least 75 percent of the soldiers that went to VN never heard a shot fired the whole time they were there. I personally knew one reservist soldier that went there as a E-4 when his unit was activated,and was an E-7 when I met him. He never heard a shot fired the whole time he was there unless it was outgoing support fire for a platoon running a security search. We had what sounded like 3 mortar rounds hit waaaay off in the distance,and he got mad at me because I refused (I was the company armorer) to unlock the weapons racks and the ammo bunker to hand out ammo.

These people were so freaking stupid that their plan was to issue weapons and ammo to soldiers who had not fired or even  held a weapon (they were communication guys) since basic training,and have them fall out behind the sandbags that surrounded the first floor of the barracks they live in,in order to fire on any attacking force.

The problem was these guys would be shooting their M-14's at the guys in the next barracks who were behind THEIR sandbag walls with THEIR M-14's,waiting to open fire themselves.

These barracks were so close the guys behind the sandbags at one barracks could talk in a normal voice to the guys behind the other sandbags.

What could possibly go wrong after the first 30 caliber round was fired,most likely by accident,by a soldier behind either sandbag barricade?

BTW,NOT being a fool,I had a M-3 and ammo vest like the one in the photo of me here in my locker,and a 1911A1 under my shirt. Then again,I wasn't ABOUT to shoot anyone that wasn't clearly an enemy attacker. I had them for personal reasons,as well as professional responsibility reasons. There was no way in hell that I was going to take a chance on being killed because I was unarmed,and letting the enemy or any panicked soldier getting into the ammo bunker.

BTW,who the HELL is so freaking ignorant they would put an ammo bunker between two barrack buildings? I understand it was already done before the signal guys moved in.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2477 on: April 24, 2023, 03:51:30 pm »
I always thought that was a smear of Vietnam War Vets, personally. Many had PTSD, but I'm not sure they were any more violent than the general population.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

BTW,I served on both recon teams as well as a "Hatchet Force platoon" in VN and to this day I have not had one single nightmare about it,and truthfully,don't know anyone who did,and all of my army friends were career Special Forces soldiers,many of whom served multiple combat tours in VN as well as some other places.

Hell,one SGM that I was friends with  was one of the Rangers seen climbing the walls at the beaches during the Normandy invasion to take out the guns firing on the ships. He (SGM George Odom,ret) was a 16 year old PFC at the time. He lied about his age so he could join the army. Needless to say he saw combat in Korea,as well as other places,also.

I am NOT claiming PTSD isn't real. It is VERY real and VERY dangerous for those who suffer from it,but I am claiming it is rare.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 03:52:34 pm by sneakypete »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2478 on: April 24, 2023, 09:08:28 pm »
Occupiers put on military registration 14-year-olds in Zaporizhzhia

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3700112-occupiers-register-14yearolds-in-zaporizhzhia-for-military-service.html

In the temporarily occupied territories of Zaporizhzhia, Russian invaders are transferring the data of 14-year-old children to the unified military registration of the Russian Federation.

The Mayor of Melitopol Ivan Fedorov said this on Telegram, Ukrinform reports.

"At first, the occupiers took control of children who were about to turn fourteen: they wanted to hand them Russian passports. Now they are transferring data from the Kremlin's voter register, which includes 14-year-old children, to Russia's so-called unified military registration. In the future, they want to hand over electronic summonses to the military registration and enlistment office," noted Fedorov.

He emphasized that children in the occupation are under particular threat. The occupiers are zombifying them from an early age "to grow slaves and future cannon fodder."

More at link.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2479 on: April 24, 2023, 11:35:44 pm »
@Elderberry

The Mayor of Melitopol Ivan Fedorov....

Is in deep doo-doo now,and can't even buy  any  life insurance.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2480 on: April 25, 2023, 12:21:21 am »
Pentagon rushes Ukraine tanks after claiming US didn’t have enough

By Caitlin Doornbos
April 24, 2023

WASHINGTON – The Defense Department has apparently found enough M1 Abrams tanks to refurbish and hand over to Ukraine after initially claiming the delivery would take a year or more due to a lack of inventory.

“We’ve expedited our M1 Abrams timelines to supply Ukraine with more armored capability in the coming months, and the M1s that the Ukrainians will use for training will arrive here in Germany in the next few weeks,” Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin told reporters late last week. “All of this is huge progress.”

The Pentagon on Jan. 25 announced it would send 31 of the US’ premier tanks to Ukraine after expressing reluctance about the idea less than a week earlier.

That announcement came the same day Germany said it would send its Leopard 2 battle tanks to Kyiv following reported pressure by the US and other allies.

At the time, the Biden Administration said it would take up to a year for Kyiv to receive American tanks because they would not come from US stocks, but be purchased new with congressionally approved funds as part of the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/24/pentagon-rushes-ukraine-tanks-after-claiming-us-didnt-have-enough/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2481 on: April 25, 2023, 12:36:20 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2482 on: April 25, 2023, 12:40:49 am »
Russian troops ‘forcibly evacuating’ key city of Kherson: Ukraine

By Isabel Keane
April 24, 2023

Russian troops are “forcibly evacuating” civilians from the key city of Kherson, Ukrainian authorities have claimed — seeming to suggest that Moscow may be pulling back its troops ahead of a highly anticipated Ukrainian counteroffensive.

“I have information that the evacuation starts today [Sunday] with an excuse of protecting civilians from the consequences of heavy fighting in the area,” said Oleksandr Samoylenko, the Ukrainian head of Kherson’s regional council.

According to Samoylenko, Russian troops were “trying to steal as much as they can” as they retreated from the region this weekend, the Guardian reported.

Russian forces drew back from Kherson in November, and have regularly launched attacks on the city from across the Dnipro River ever since.

Another Ukrainian official in Kherson, Serhiy Khlan, indicated that Russian forces were looking to gain control of civilians in the region.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/24/russia-forcibly-evacuating-kherson-ukrainian-officials/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2483 on: April 25, 2023, 12:55:20 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2484 on: April 25, 2023, 01:29:10 am »
Ukrainian soldier returning home surprises daughter at her school.

from r/UkraineWarVideoReport

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/12wjese/after_long_absence_this_ukrainian_soldier_gets_to/

That's why I hate Putin.

War is a horrible, horrible thing, and he started one just to grab more land and build his own ego.  Hope he burns for eternity.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2485 on: April 25, 2023, 10:59:23 am »
That's why I hate Putin.

War is a horrible, horrible thing, and he started one just to grab more land and build his own ego.  Hope he burns for eternity.

I hope he does, but I don't get why a lot of Americans, especially a lot of Conservatives think that Putin is a good guy.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2486 on: April 25, 2023, 11:00:46 am »

I hope he does, but I don't get why a lot of Americans, especially a lot of Conservatives think that Putin is a good guy.

Neither do I.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2487 on: April 25, 2023, 11:48:21 am »
Neither do I.

I see it this way, you can't call yourself a Patriot if you support a foreign dictator like Putin

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2488 on: April 25, 2023, 11:54:29 am »
That's why I hate Putin.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Isn't that pretty much why ever war ever fought  was started?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2489 on: April 25, 2023, 11:56:48 am »

@kevindavis007

I honestly don't know of anyone who thinks Putin is a good guy.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2490 on: April 25, 2023, 11:59:36 am »
@kevindavis007

I honestly don't know of anyone who thinks Putin is a good guy.

Then you haven't been loitering on some of the other so-called conservative discussion fora that are available online.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2491 on: April 25, 2023, 12:03:10 pm »
Then you haven't been loitering on some of the other so-called conservative discussion fora that are available online.

@Kamaji

True..

This is the only board I visit,and I spend too much time here to even think about checking somewhere else

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2492 on: April 25, 2023, 12:05:05 pm »

@Kamaji
@sneakypete

Check out the TOS and if you like Twitter as well. Hell, the Libertarian Party has been spouting pro-Russia crap.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 12:07:14 pm by kevindavis007 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2493 on: April 25, 2023, 12:10:19 pm »

@Kamaji
@sneakypete

Check out the TOS and if you like Twitter as well. Hell, the Libertarian Party has been spouting pro-Russia crap.

@kevindavis007

Thanks,but no thanks. I get all the "pissed-off" that I need,right here.

I DO admit going to TOS occasionally when I am bored,though. Mostly because I am banned for life,so there is no danger of me wasting time arguing with  those cretins. Even then it comes to maybe once a month.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2494 on: April 25, 2023, 12:42:19 pm »

Name one conservative who thinks Putin is a good guy.  Stop with the silly rhetoric.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 12:43:09 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2495 on: April 25, 2023, 12:46:33 pm »
Name one conservative who thinks Putin is a good guy.  Stop with the silly rhetoric.

Nobody here; but on other fora, they exist.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2496 on: April 25, 2023, 01:23:46 pm »

@catfish1957

They don't exist here, but elsewhere it's happening.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2497 on: April 25, 2023, 01:25:42 pm »
Nobody here; but on other fora, they exist.

TOS?, before the blackout, I think Russia was the biggest foreign traffic location of the site.  I seldom visit that cesspool, so I wouldn't know.   

I am hoping Kevin can come up with one known conservatve pundit who is pro-Putin.  They might exist, but before making claims like that I want to hear who they are.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2498 on: April 25, 2023, 01:29:21 pm »

@catfish1957

They don't exist here, but elsewhere it's happening.

TOS?  Kamaji kind of confirmed that.  Just another reason why to stay away from that dumpster fire.  And honestly, conservative by definition are a patriotic bunch.   Are these truly conservatives, or Neo-cons in sheep's clothing?  Otherwise why would we ally with who was our mortal enemy 1945-1989.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #2499 on: April 25, 2023, 01:38:37 pm »
That's why I hate Putin.

I totally agree; the sooner that demon is removed from the ranks of the living, the better.