Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152273 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #2325 on: April 09, 2023, 01:33:45 pm »
BREAKING: Russia has struck its own submarine with an underwater torpedo in the Black Sea, killing all 350 aboard
Whoops, wrong sub

Do you have a link for that?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2326 on: April 09, 2023, 01:38:42 pm »
Yikes. This business will get out of hand ...

Or was this another Russians struck the Nordstrom pipeline and destroyed their own infrastructure event?  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2327 on: April 09, 2023, 02:07:59 pm »
I'm guessing that's b.s. - at least if we're talking about operational tanks.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I agree.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2328 on: April 09, 2023, 02:11:53 pm »
BREAKING: Russia has struck its own submarine with an underwater torpedo in the Black Sea, killing all 350 aboard
Whoops, wrong sub

@kevindavis007

A sunken sub is NOT something that can be covered-up by the brass enough to be kept away from the rest of the sub fleet. Soviet naval morale has to be hitting rock bottom by now,and the crew of the sub that fired the shot has to be feeling both guilty and persecuted. Somehow,I just don't see the crews of the rest of the Soviet fleet slapping them on the back and telling them to not worry about it because "mistakes happen".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2329 on: April 09, 2023, 02:13:22 pm »
Or was this another Russians struck the Nordstrom pipeline and destroyed their own infrastructure event?  /s

@catfish1957

This has happened before?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2330 on: April 09, 2023, 02:29:33 pm »
Sorry, it was a bad joke.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2331 on: April 09, 2023, 02:32:37 pm »
Sorry, it was a bad joke.

@kevindavis007

You really had me going there,for a minute. Thanks for clearing this up.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2332 on: April 09, 2023, 02:51:28 pm »
Whoops, wrong sub

:mauslaff:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2333 on: April 09, 2023, 09:22:41 pm »
Putin prepares for an invasion of Crimea: Beaches are covered with trenches and tank traps to repel an amphibious landing as Zelensky 'prepares spring offensive'

Daily Mail by Will Stewart and Milo Pope 4/8/2023

•   Beaches have been rendered virtually unusable wiping out the summer season

Barricades and trenches have been built on beaches and close to key access routes in Crimea on a massive scale as Vladimir Putin is scared of losing the peninsula he annexed in 2014.

The level of fear is clear from the abundance of defences to stop a sea or land assault.

Dragon's teeth tank traps have been placed at strategic Ak-Monai beside the Taurida highway by occupying Russians to stop a Ukrainian bid to grab back the peninsula Putin took in 2014.

Putin has accepted he must decimate the region's huge tourism industry this summer to hold it against a possible Ukrainian advance as part of an expected Kyiv counteroffensive.

The scale of the operation is seen on both satellite images and ground level pictures.

Beaches - one popular with both Russian and Ukrainian tourists as a favourite and glamorous summer playground - have been rendered virtually unusable, wiping out the Summer 2023 season.

Many will be totally empty.

The northern coastlines of Crimea are being defended most acutely amid the clearest signs Putin's military commanders see the peninsula as vulnerable.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11951857/Crimeas-beaches-covered-trenches-tank-traps.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2334 on: April 09, 2023, 10:19:32 pm »
Sooner or later it HAS to occur to the Politburo that Putin is not only bankrupting Russia,he is destroying communism FOR THEM,and "steps" will have to be taken.

I just don't see him lasting through the summer. He either flies out of Russia on his private jet,or he gets a bullet in his head in the Lubyanka basement and it is reported as a "fatal heart attack".

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2335 on: April 09, 2023, 11:36:19 pm »
Sooner or later it HAS to occur to the Politburo that Putin is not only bankrupting Russia,he is destroying communism FOR THEM,and "steps" will have to be taken.

I just don't see him lasting through the summer. He either flies out of Russia on his private jet,or he gets a bullet in his head in the Lubyanka basement and it is reported as a "fatal heart attack".

@sneakypete

Well if he files out of Russia, I think he will either go to China or Iran. Most likely Iran though. If he goes to China, China will be under the gun and they can't afford any sanctions so I'm thinking Iran is where he goes to.

The longer that Putin is in power and this war is still going, I wonder when will the troops either revolt or the people will revolt.  However, my fear is that his replacement could be worse.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2336 on: April 09, 2023, 11:43:47 pm »

@sneakypete

Well if he files out of Russia, I think he will either go to China or Iran. Most likely Iran though. If he goes to China, China will be under the gun and they can't afford any sanctions so I'm thinking Iran is where he goes to.

The longer that Putin is in power and this war is still going, I wonder when will the troops either revolt or the people will revolt.  However, my fear is that his replacement could be worse.

@kevindavis007

I could easily be wrong,but I THINK that whoever replaces him will have no  choice but to withdraw from Ukraine and other "adventures" and focus on saving both Communism in Russia,as well as his own ass.

I STRONGLY suspect the typical Russian of today,especially  the people in Moscow and St.Petersburg that have more knowlege of the west,are starting to get VERY tired of being subjects instead of free citizens,and if THAT tiger ever gets loose in places like Moscow or St.Pete,there just ain't goin to be any putting it "back in the box".

There is NOTHING dictators fear more than a restless citizenry.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2337 on: April 09, 2023, 11:58:22 pm »
@kevindavis007

I could easily be wrong,but I THINK that whoever replaces him will have no  choice but to withdraw from Ukraine and other "adventures" and focus on saving both Communism in Russia,as well as his own ass.

I STRONGLY suspect the typical Russian of today,especially  the people in Moscow and St.Petersburg that have more knowlege of the west,are starting to get VERY tired of being subjects instead of free citizens,and if THAT tiger ever gets loose in places like Moscow or St.Pete,there just ain't goin to be any putting it "back in the box".

There is NOTHING dictators fear more than a restless citizenry.

@sneakypete

I think the people in the countryside are restless since they are the ones mostly being sent to fight the 'Nazis'.  But once the people in Moscow and St Petersburg get restless lookout and I think it is a matter of time.

You might be right about whoever replaces Putin for "Health Reasons" will have to change the direction.  The bigger question is this, his successor be allies with China.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2338 on: April 10, 2023, 12:13:30 am »

@sneakypete

I think the people in the countryside are restless since they are the ones mostly being sent to fight the 'Nazis'.  But once the people in Moscow and St Petersburg get restless lookout and I think it is a matter of time.

You might be right about whoever replaces Putin for "Health Reasons" will have to change the direction.  The bigger question is this, will his successor be allies with China?

@kevindavis007

Once again,I think that depends on who it is that is defining the word "Allies".

Theirs has always been more of a "marriage of convenience" than a "Communist Brotherhood". China needed Russia for her ability to design or steal designs from the west,as well as her ability to supply China with oil and other natural resources.

Russia needed China to protect her borders in Asia,as well as any cash they could supply. I am still VERY unclear about WHERE China gets her cash because the only nation in the world I can think of that is less free is North Korea. China really  has nothing to offer but slave labor and border protection.

Howsumever,China wants and seriously NEEDS the oil fields in the Asian (sorry,I can't remembe what it is called at the moment.) part of Russia , I am predicting that it is only a matter of time before they just move into Russia and take what they want from the Asian side. After all,what is Russia going to do about it,nuke them and get nuked in return? The Russian army damn sure isn't a match  for the Chinese Army,and most likely don't even have enough bullets to kill every soldier the Chinese can send there.

AND.....,IF they do send an army big enough to have any hope of chasing the Chinese out,that will leave their western borders open. Not that *I* think there is any danger of western nations invading Russia,but there is nobody more paranoid,or with better reasons,than the Russians.

All in all,I see the USSR in SERIOUS military and political decline over the next few years,and the Chinese on the March. I don't personally think the  Chinese will REALLY be stupid enough to invade Taiwan,but who really knows what a "Leader for life" will or will not do?

I PERSONALLY  THINK that the Chinese will just wait until they have infiltrated enough Chi-com "new citzens into China for the new "citizens" to gain enough  political control to formally invite the Chinese in,but could easily be wrong because it is very hard to guess what a lunatic with unquestioned control over a nation will,or won't,do.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 12:17:29 am by sneakypete »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2339 on: April 10, 2023, 01:10:47 am »
Soldiers Make Secret Pact to ‘Destroy’ Putin’s Empire From Within

DNYUZ 4/8/2023

KRAMATORSK, Ukraine—The horrors of Ukraine are an eerily familiar sight for Maga, a 30-year-old Chechen fighter who spoke with The Daily Beast using his codename.

“The same torture, the same mass graves…the things the Russians are doing in Ukraine, they were doing back in Chechnya,” Maga told The Daily Beast from his unit’s hideout in eastern Ukraine last month. “They just come and destroy everyone who could be against their power.”

Having fought first to defend Kyiv—and then in the battles for the liberation of the Kharkiv region—Maga said the atrocities he has seen in Putin’s invasion match stories told by his relatives, who fought in the wars for Chechen independence from the Russian Federation in the 1990s.

While much of the world was shocked by the bloody atrocities committed by Putin’s forces in cities like Mariupol and Bucha, for many Chechens, none of this came as a surprise.

Now, this shared trauma appears to have formed a bond between Chechens who have flocked to Ukraine to fight against Putin’s invasion and their new Ukrainian comrades, who have agreed that once the war is finished here, they will travel to fight for a free Chechnya.

“If I am alive, I will participate in the liberation of Chechnya,” said Alexander, a 43-year-old Ukrainian fighting with the Dzhokhar Dudayev battalion, who told The Daily Beast he was named after the first President of the independent Chechen Republic that was bombed into submission by Putin. “Why? Because for me they are brotherly people. I adopted a lot from them: the way they relate to life and death, the way they relate to the elders.” His beard, hair and clothing are cut in the local style—while he retains his Christian faith, he looks Chechen in all but name.Alexander and Maga’s battalion contain some of the around 1,000 Chechens fighting for Ukraine, seeing a direct line between Ukraine’s fight to liberate its territory and Chechnya’s struggle for independence. They invited The Daily Beast to visit their modest barracks in a small townhouse in the eastern Ukrainian city of Kramatorsk to tell their stories.

Members of the battalion spoke with The Daily Beast on the condition their last names are omitted and their faces are not photographed. They have recently been fighting on the frontlines in Bakhmut, where they say that Russian tactics are just like those of the Soviets during the Second World War: “They throw and cover everything in meat and capture [territory] because they have a lot of this meat,” while caring nothing for the lives of their soldiers or Ukrainian civilians caught in the crossfire, one member said.

More: https://dnyuz.com/2023/04/08/soldiers-make-secret-pact-to-destroy-putins-empire-from-within/

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2340 on: April 10, 2023, 11:42:41 am »
Russian forces step up strikes on two key Ukrainian cities

By Reuters
April 10, 2023

Russia’s forces kept up a barrage of attacks along the front concentrated in two Ukrainian cities in the eastern Donetsk region, Ukraine’s military reported, as Kyiv said it repelled more than 40 enemy strikes over the past 24 hours.

Fighting was heaviest along the western approaches to Bakhmut, the general staff of Ukraine’s armed forces said on Sunday, one of the two cities in the east, along with Avdiivka, that Russia’s military has been targeting.

Russian forces have been besieging Bakhmut for months in the longest battle in more than a year of war.

In a nightly weekend video address, Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky denounced Russian air strikes coinciding with the observance of Orthodox Palm Sunday, saying Moscow was further isolating itself from the world.

Ukraine’s State Emergencies Service said a 50-year-old man and his daughter, 11, were killed after Russian forces struck a residential building in Zaporizhzhia, in the southeast.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/10/russian-forces-step-up-strikes-on-two-key-ukrainian-cities/

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2341 on: April 10, 2023, 11:44:34 am »
Putin's 45-mile-long 'mega trench': Russian troops dig huge defensive fortification visible from space as they prepare for Ukrainian counterattack

The trench carves through Ukraine's southern Zaporizhzhia region
It is almost 50 miles behind Russian frontlines, indicating Russia's fear

By WILL STEWART FOR MAILONLINE
10 April 2023

Vladimir Putin's forces are building a huge trench across Ukraine's invaded region Zaporizhzhia as he prepares for a counteroffensive from Kyiv's armies.

The scar across the countryside - seen from space - is some 45 miles in length so far, as Russia fears a repeat of last year when Ukraine won back swathes of territory.

Having invaded this part of Ukraine last year, Putin appears acutely worried about holding this strategic region despite illegally annexing it into the Russian Federation.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11956187/Putins-45-mile-long-mega-trench-Russian-troops-dig-huge-defensive-fortification.html

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2342 on: April 10, 2023, 12:52:44 pm »
Russia Running Out Of Soldiers And Shells?

Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 4/9/2023

As Russia enters the 14th month of its 72 hour campaign to take Kiev, there are signs that its meat-grinder approach to combat is depleting the exact resources it needs to win.

First up: Anders Puck Nielsen on Russia’s likely manpower shortage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8mTWexL8bs

•  He looks at various how and low counts for determining Russian casualty rates, then builds his arguments around one in the middle.

•  There is a rule of thumb that is often mentioned, that for every dead soldier there are three wounded. So if we take some round numbers, and remember it’s not actually important if they are a little bit off. It doesn’t change the point that I am getting to if you think real the number is a little lower. But say that on average about 500 Russian soldiers have been killed every day since the mobilization in September, when Russia also really started to have very big attrition numbers. And if we then make a conservative estimate and say that for every dead soldier, there have been two wounded, then we get that the Russian fighting force has been decreased by about 1500 soldiers every day. Then we can divide 300,000 by 1500, and we get that they have soldiers for about 200 days, until the Russian army will have consumed all those mobilized soldiers. This is not exact science. It’s just a rough estimate to illustrate Russia’s manpower problem. Putin announced the mobilization on 21 September, and incidentally 200 days after that is about now. It’s on 9 April 2023.

•  “Putin probably should have announced the second wave of mobilization months ago, but he didn’t. So that is why military analysts are talking about a Russian manpower shortage.”
•  “Those 300,000 soldiers that Russia mobilized in the fall are probably not there anymore.”

Second up is a report that both sides are rationing artillery shells in advance of Ukraine’s anticipated counteroffensive.

Artillery units on both sides of the line, despite the continued duels, are reportedly dialing back fire missions to save up ammunition for the long-awaited Ukrainian counteroffensive.
Russian milblogger Alexander Khodakovsky claims that those Russian units not involved in ongoing offensives have had ammunition supplies seriously curtailed. Khodakovsky attributed the rationing to concerns about the potential offensive.

At the same time, a frontline account from the Washington Post highlighted Ukrainian artillery crews similarly conserving shells. While embedded with an artillery platoon in Ukraine’s 56th Motorized Brigade, Isabelle Khurshudyan and Kamila Hrabchuk reported the unit’s 152mm howitzers used to fire more than 20-30 shells a day. That number has dwindled to fewer than three.

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=54621

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2343 on: April 10, 2023, 05:17:44 pm »
Ukraine says it has been forced to alter its counter-attack plans after US intelligence leak revealed top secret military details - as Russia starts 'scorched earth' bombing of Bakhmut

Documents appear to contain highly classified US Pentagon secrets
Ukrainian sources have said Kyiv has been forced to alter its military plans

By CHRIS JEWERS FOR MAILONLINE
10 April 2023

Ukraine says it has been forced to alter its plans for a spring counteroffensive after a leak of classified US intelligence documents revealed top secret military details, according to a report.

The documents, which emerged online, included details ranging from the war in Ukraine to China, the Middle East and Africa - and have US officials scrambling to identify the leak's source, with some experts saying it could be an American.

Now, citing a source close to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, CNN has reported that Ukraine has been forced to amend some of its military plans ahead of a much-vaunted counter-offensive because of the information revealed in the leaks.

Meanwhile, Russian forces are continuing to press attacks in Ukraine's eastern Donetsk region, focusing on two cities and pounding Ukrainian positions with air strikes and artillery barrages, Kyiv said on Monday.

The commander of Ukraine's ground forces said the Russians were destroying buildings in besieged Bakhmut in what he called 'scorched earth' tactics.

Elsewhere a missile strike killed a father and his 11-year-old daughter.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11956647/Ukraine-says-forced-alter-counter-attack-plans-intelligence-leak.html

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2344 on: April 10, 2023, 10:34:39 pm »
Ukraine says it has been forced to alter its counter-attack plans after US intelligence leak revealed top secret military details - as Russia starts 'scorched earth' bombing of Bakhmut

Israel learned years ago to NEVER trust America with 'real' information. The only military information that should go to 'very leaky' America, is decoy plans meant to catch the enemy off-guard. America simply cannot be trusted because they cannot keep any secret. There are too many embedded special interests, Russian/Muslim/Chinese and others, all throughout the pentagon and intelligence agencies.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2345 on: April 10, 2023, 10:51:48 pm »

By CHRIS JEWERS FOR MAILONLINE
10 April 2023

Ukraine says it has been forced to alter its plans for a spring counteroffensive after a leak of classified US intelligence documents revealed top secret military details, according to a report.

The documents, which emerged online, included details ranging from the war in Ukraine to China, the Middle East and Africa - and have US officials scrambling to identify the leak's source, with some experts saying it could be an American.

Now, citing a source close to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, CNN has reported that Ukraine has been forced to amend some of its military plans ahead of a much-vaunted counter-offensive because of the information revealed in the leaks.

Meanwhile, Russian forces are continuing to press attacks in Ukraine's eastern Donetsk region, focusing on two cities and pounding Ukrainian positions with air strikes and artillery barrages, Kyiv said on Monday.

The commander of Ukraine's ground forces said the Russians were destroying buildings in besieged Bakhmut in what he called 'scorched earth' tactics.

Elsewhere a missile strike killed a father and his 11-year-old daughter.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11956647/Ukraine-says-forced-alter-counter-attack-plans-intelligence-leak.html

@Kamaji

Anybody know what Miss Miley was doing at that time,and where she was?

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2346 on: April 11, 2023, 07:34:34 pm »
Russian forces in Crimea brace for upcoming attack from Ukraine

By Isabel Keane
April 11, 2023

The Russian-installed head of Crimea warned on Tuesday that Moscow has assembled “more than enough” troops ahead of an anticipated Ukrainian counteroffensive.

Sergei Aksyonov said Russian forces in Crimea had built “modern, in-depth defenses” and were prepared for a spring counteroffensive as Ukraine teases the assault — taking up weapons from Western allies as the war enters its thirteenth month.

“We cannot underestimate the enemy, but we can definitely say that we are ready [for an attack] and that there will be no catastrophe,” the head of Crimea, Sergei Aksyonov, said.

Russian forces have fortified the Crimean peninsula through a network of trenches stretching along border villages, satellite images show.

The images reveal trenches have been constructed in Medvedivka, a small town located near a crossing between Ukraine and Crimea, a move that seems to suggest Russia is concerned about a potential attack in the region.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/11/russian-forces-in-crimea-brace-for-ukraine-counter-attack/

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2347 on: April 11, 2023, 10:20:31 pm »
What's funny is that talking about all the defenses they've prepared in the Crimean peninsula means they think they're going to lose Kherson and Zaporizhzhia oblasts.

The problem with that for the Russians is twofold.  First, Crimea has no rivers and is essentially dependent on a water canal from the Dnipro.  If Ukraine takes Kherson/Zaporizhzhia, they can cut that off.  The second problem is that taking Zaporizhzhia puts the Kerch bridge within range of Iraqi artillery/missiles.  If they take that out, Crimea is cut off completely except for whatever they can supply by sea.

That is really the path for potential peace.  It would force Russia to agree to a peace in which they get to keep Crimea, but otherwise lose the other land they took.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2348 on: April 11, 2023, 11:07:12 pm »
What's funny is that talking about all the defenses they've prepared in the Crimean peninsula means they think they're going to lose Kherson and Zaporizhzhia oblasts.

The problem with that for the Russians is twofold.  First, Crimea has no rivers and is essentially dependent on a water canal from the Dnipro.  If Ukraine takes Kherson/Zaporizhzhia, they can cut that off.  The second problem is that taking Zaporizhzhia puts the Kerch bridge within range of Iraqi artillery/missiles.  If they take that out, Crimea is cut off completely except for whatever they can supply by sea.

That is really the path for potential peace.  It would force Russia to agree to a peace in which they get to keep Crimea, but otherwise lose the other land they took.

Iraqis?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2349 on: April 11, 2023, 11:43:13 pm »

Screw that.  Crimea is not Russia.  The only thing to negotiate is whether Russia be allowed to renew its lease on Sevastopol.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-