Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152324 times)

Offline bilo

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #2000 on: February 26, 2023, 02:50:02 am »
Yeah, there's a 'Hold my Tsing Tao' moment coming up...

I'm not as concerned about China as I am about Russia. Putin has so degraded the military in his war on Ukraine that about all he as left is strategic tactical nuclear weapons. Ukraine now has longer range missiles and with the upgrade in tanks as well as the armor they captured last year once the ground gets firmer they may be able to make a strong push to take back Crimea. Is that going to be the point that Putin uses nuclear weapons?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2001 on: February 26, 2023, 02:53:40 am »
I do not understand the 'rules'? or even where the 'rules' come from?
If you start sending missiles in an apartment block which I own? man there are no 'rules' after that.
Why is nobody dropping ordinance on Moscow? I would be blowing the shit out of that city.
I would f*uck them up. Why? Why is nobody doing this. F*uck them. Blow them up.
We know we can ... just do it!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2002 on: February 26, 2023, 03:21:33 am »
If you start sending missiles in an apartment block which I own? man there are no 'rules' after that.
Why is nobody dropping ordinance on Moscow? I would be blowing the shit out of that city.

As much as I agree with you, the one thing that stops that is the threat of a nuclear response.

I think Putin could justify in his mind using tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine because they are low level radiation and the radiation dissipates quickly. Putin is like Brandon he has made one misstep after another. Like Brandon he is surrounded by corrupt people with their own agendas and none of them are patriots. Really the only difference between the two is Putin doesn't have dementia.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2003 on: February 26, 2023, 05:04:04 am »

@240B

Yup! There is  NOTHING that compare to blowing up Moscow when it comes to "World Class Stoopid"!

The typical Russian is probably as disgusted by this crap as everyone else is,but  unlike us they are powerless to do public protests because their families will lose their jobs and housing,and they will go off to the labor camps.

BUT......,start attacking "Holy Mother Russia",and it is "GAME ON!" for the typical Russian.

Do NOT mistake the neo-Soviet leadership (?) with the typical Russian. Most probably hate their leadership more than we do,but attack Russia herself,and everything changes.

Hell,this might even be a part of Putin's "personal survival plan". He knows if he can get the west to attack Russia that he will suddenly become a national hero.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2004 on: February 26, 2023, 07:51:39 am »
He knows if he can get the west to attack Russia that he will suddenly become a national hero.

That only works if you WIN.
NATO would Crush Russia. We can erase them from the planet.
But not me, per se, Why is nobody bombing Moscow? What the hell man?
What does it take to make you angry? Jesus dude. They have done all they can to spit in your face.
What does it take?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2005 on: February 26, 2023, 08:18:09 am »
If I understand the "rules" correctly, it is perfectly OK for Russia to bomb Keiv, but it is NOT OK for Keiv to bomb Moscow?
Those are some shady rules. Imagine a boxing match, where he is allowed to hit me but I am not allowed to strike him back.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2006 on: February 26, 2023, 12:39:50 pm »
Top 5 Tanks | What's going to Ukraine?

The Tank Museum  Feb 24, 2023  #tankmuseum #Ukraine #top5tanks

David Willey is back with another Top 5 Tanks. With the Tank dominating news in recent months, David looks at the history, capabilities, and characteristics of the tanks that NATO has announced it will be sending to Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvG64vqLrw

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2007 on: February 26, 2023, 06:09:56 pm »
You won't see any M-1s showing up in Ukraine any time this year.  "Announcing" tanks going to Ukraine, and actually sending tanks to Ukraine are two totally different things.  Just because money is being spent doesn't mean that Ukraine is receiving weapons.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2008 on: February 26, 2023, 09:14:59 pm »
To Win With Their Leopard 1 Tanks, Ukrainian Crews Need To Think Like Snipers

David Axe  |  Feb 25, 2023  |  08:52pm EST

Brazilian army Leopard 1A5s.WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

Ukraine is getting at least 100, and as many as 237, surplus Leopard 1A5 tanks from Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark and potentially Belgium.

The Leopard 1 isn’t a great tank. It’s not a terrible tank. It’s a tank with particular strengths and weaknesses—and one that, with the right handling, can survive and win.

Fortunately for the Ukrainian army, the Brazilian army still uses the Leopard 1A5. And one Brazilian officer has strong ideas about the best ways to deploy the tank.

“Seize the high ground,” Capt. Adriano Santiago Garcia wrote in a 2020 issue of Armor, the U.S. Army’s official tank journal. “Use camouflage.” “Proper terrain-use.”

The 42-ton, four-person Leopard 1A5 combines a hull and turret from the 1960s with optics and fire-controls from the 1980s and a modern, 105-millimeter main gun.

The classic tank’s biggest weakness is its armor. Its steel armor is just 2.75 inches thick on the front of the turret and less than half an inch thick on the sides and back of the hull.  .  .  .

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/02/25/to-win-with-their-leopard-1-tanks-ukrainian-crews-need-to-think-like-snipers/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2009 on: February 26, 2023, 09:22:18 pm »

Opposition group: Explosion at Belarusian military airfield damaged Russian aircraft in reported partisan attack

https://kyivindependent.com/news-feed/opposition-group-explosion-at-belarusian-military-airfield-damages-russian-aircraft-in-reported-partisan-attack

A Russian A-50 early warning and control aircraft in Belarus was damaged as a result of the Feb. 26 explosion at the Machulishchy airfield near Minsk, Belarusian opposition media Nasha Niva reported on Feb. 26 citing Aliaksandr Azarov, leader of Belarusian anti-government organization BYPOL.

According to Azarov, the attack was carried out by Belarusian partisans in the area using two drones as part of BYPOL's so-called "Victory Plan". Thpse involved are now safe, he said.

Belarusian Hajun, a group that monitors the movement of Russian weapons, reported that local residents had heard several explosions in the area at around 8:30-9 a.m. on Feb. 26.

The radar system of the Soviet-built A-50 can simultaneously track up to 150 targets at a distance of up to 230 kilometers or large targets such as ships at a distance of up to 400 kilometers.

Russia reportedly operates nine of the planes, which, according to Nasha Niva, are used to guide Russian missiles at targets in Ukraine.

Since the launch of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine, partisans have been active in Ukraine's northern neighbor, sabotaging military, transport, and cyber infrastructure.

Although Belarus has not officially declared war on Ukraine, Russian forces have been given access to Belarusian territory to launch attacks on Ukraine, including the failed assault on Kyiv in February 2022.

I'm trying to decide if this was actually a special forces raid, a drone attack, or the Russian false flag operation that's been telegraphed for weeks.

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online DB

« Reply #2010 on: February 26, 2023, 09:43:06 pm »
Tough call...

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #2011 on: February 26, 2023, 09:53:23 pm »

Opposition group: Explosion at Belarusian military airfield damaged Russian aircraft in reported partisan attack

https://kyivindependent.com/news-feed/opposition-group-explosion-at-belarusian-military-airfield-damages-russian-aircraft-in-reported-partisan-attack

I'm trying to decide if this was actually a special forces raid, a drone attack, or the Russian false flag operation that's been telegraphed for weeks.

You left out option D: an accident with live ammunition. These are Russians, so that's always a possibility.
Let it burn.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2012 on: February 26, 2023, 09:59:27 pm »
You left out option D: an accident with live ammunition. These are Russians, so that's always a possibility.

:thumbsup:

Online DB

« Reply #2013 on: February 26, 2023, 10:41:36 pm »

Well there's also an option E: Russian troops taking out their own equipment and/or commanders...

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #2014 on: February 27, 2023, 04:53:42 am »
Well there's also an option E: Russian troops taking out their own equipment and/or commanders...

Very true, that is also a possibility.
Let it burn.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2015 on: February 27, 2023, 05:35:05 am »
VODKA!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2016 on: February 27, 2023, 05:35:37 am »
also vodka!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2017 on: February 27, 2023, 07:10:38 pm »
Whatever the leanings of their government, there must be a lot of ordinary people in Belarus who are worried that they are very close to being swallowed by Russia themselves, one way or the other.  Completely understandable that some of them would take out some Russian equipment if they see the opportunity.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2018 on: February 27, 2023, 07:11:04 pm »
Whatever the leanings of their government, there must be a lot of ordinary people in Belarus who are worried that they are very close to being swallowed by Russia themselves, one way or the other.  Completely understandable that some of them would take out some Russian equipment if they see the opportunity.

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2019 on: February 27, 2023, 07:37:28 pm »
It's one thing to be run by puppets, quite another to be occupied.

C S Lewis

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #2020 on: February 27, 2023, 08:15:24 pm »

Yes, anti-Russian Belarussians is another possibility.
Let it burn.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2021 on: February 27, 2023, 09:01:39 pm »
Yes, anti-Russian Belarussians is another possibility.
The Belorussian people are at a crossroads themselves. Their current market for agricultural equipment in the US could evaporate if they side with the Russians, (there's a contingent of farmers here who are descended from Ukrainian immigrants--they aren't just German and Norwegian families, here). Belarus makes a reasonable medium duty tractor, and sales of those could plummet overnight. Belarus tractors are now being sold under the MTZ brand in the US. While that market share is only a small part of the US market, that market is worth about 100 billion dollars.

The claim, too, is that the tractor works in Minsk make one in ten of the tractors in the world. Something to consider, as the global ag equipment market is is estimated at 160 Billion dollars, and the US would not be the only market segment affected by Belorussia siding with Russia.

How much of that market goes to Russia? Will that economic consideration not be enough to keep the Belorussians from becoming a satellite (soviet) state?

Tune in next week...

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2022 on: February 27, 2023, 09:12:16 pm »
Mr. KnowItAll speaks. Old clip emerges of Bill Gates  saying Ukraine is a big, fat, corrupt sink hole. Yeah, it's corrupt, I'll grant you that.

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1630312332944392193
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2023 on: February 27, 2023, 09:46:47 pm »
Mr. KnowItAll speaks. Old clip emerges of Bill Gates  saying Ukraine is a big, fat, corrupt sink hole. Yeah, it's corrupt, I'll grant you that.

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1630312332944392193
He's right about the quality of their farmland (with a few possible exceptions in the Red River Valley (Red River of the North) which is a glacial lake plain) and a few other areas. Considering he's been buying up US farmland at an incredible rate, it is no surprise he's done his homework there.

Under Poroshenko, yes, it was undoubtedly corrupt.

Maybe under Zelensky, too, but Zelensky has to play ball with our most corrupt president ever to get what he needs for defense, and his ass is against the wall, there. What choice is there? (Be overrun?)

C S Lewis

Online berdie

« Reply #2024 on: February 27, 2023, 09:55:25 pm »
He's right about the quality of their farmland (with a few possible exceptions in the Red River Valley (Red River of the North) which is a glacial lake plain) and a few other areas. Considering he's been buying up US farmland at an incredible rate, it is no surprise he's done his homework there.

Under Poroshenko, yes, it was undoubtedly corrupt.

Maybe under Zelensky, too, but Zelensky has to play ball with our most corrupt president ever to get what he needs for defense, and his ass is against the wall, there. What choice is there? (Be overrun?)

Excellent post!