Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152363 times)

Online Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #1925 on: February 15, 2023, 01:36:16 pm »
Moment a Russian thermobaric missile launcher is destroyed in huge fireball explosions amid brutal trench warfare as Kremlin claims frontline advances - while cremating their dead 'around the clock'

By RACHAEL BUNYAN FOR MAILONLINE
15 February 2023

Extraordinary footage shows the moment a Russian thermobaric rocket launcher was destroyed in a series of fireball explosions on the front line in Ukraine.

Video shows the TOS-1A Buratino, which is equipped with thermobaric warheads, erupting into flames following a Ukrainian strike near Vuhledar in eastern Ukraine.

The Russian weapons system is seen engulfed in a series of fireball explosions and the video shows artillery rockets shooting out of from the burning wreckage.

The Buratino is equipped with thermobaric warheads which spread a flammable liquid around a target and then ignite it. It can destroy several city blocks in one strike and cause indiscriminate damage.

The destruction of the heavy flamethrower system comes as further video shows Ukrainian soldiers from the Azov Battalion storming a Russian trench full of mercenaries from the Wagner private military near Bakhmut and forcing them to retreat during brutal trench warfare.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11753701/Russia-Ukraine-war-Moment-Russian-thermobaric-missile-launcher-destroyed-huge-fireball.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1926 on: February 15, 2023, 01:58:59 pm »
We don't know that except for the people running the JCS include Milley who was talking with the Chinese and saying he'd call them.  Somehow, I do not have faith in their understanding of OPSEC, even if it is behind a 'paywall'.

@Smokin Joe

I don't trust anything Miss Miley says,does,or plans to do. She is under the total control of the international left.

Truth to tell,I think she has been an agent of the international left since before she even entered the army.Does anyone know who her "rabbi" was that got her into West Point,and then managed her career?

BTW,thank you for reminding me about her because it reminds me of a question I keep forgetting to ask.

Since WHEN do Generals in the US Army make policy?

Generals do NOT have that authority according to OUR system of government. They TAKE orders and then send them down the chain of command to the appropriate units. They do NOT make policy or discuss policy in public.

SOB ought to be shot or hanged for treason,and the pols that allowed it should be removed from office and serve time in prison for breaking their oath of office.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 02:06:29 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1927 on: February 15, 2023, 02:20:20 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I don't trust anything Miss Miley says,does,or plans to do. She is under the total control of the international left.

Truth to tell,I think she has been an agent of the international left since before she even entered the army.Does anyone know who her "rabbi" was that got her into West Point,and then managed her career?

BTW,thank you for reminding me about her because it reminds me of a question I keep forgetting to ask.

Since WHEN do Generals in the US Army make policy?

Generals do NOT have that authority according to OUR system of government. They TAKE orders and then send them down the chain of command to the appropriate units. They do NOT make policy or discuss policy in public.

SOB ought to be shot or hanged for treason,and the pols that allowed it should be removed from office and serve time in prison for breaking their oath of office.
Well, that's something that should have happened the moment it was announced that Milley had intent to subvert the chain of command and NOT obey any orders given by the CinC.
Not to mention giving the Chinese at least a half hour warning--the critical time needed to launch an effective first strike. There was a pic of a silo blast door with the Domino's Logo on it: "Delivery worldwide in 30 minutes or less, or your next one is free."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1928 on: February 15, 2023, 02:23:46 pm »
Well, that's something that should have happened the moment it was announced that Milley had intent to subvert the chain of command and NOT obey any orders given by the CinC.
Not to mention giving the Chinese at least a half hour warning--the critical time needed to launch an effective first strike. There was a pic of a silo blast door with the Domino's Logo on it: "Delivery worldwide in 30 minutes or less, or your next one is free."
@Smokin Joe

Somehow,we need to find out WHO is pulling the strings in the background and letter her get away with it,and bring them up on federal charges. THEN we need to have Miss Miley arrested and held in solitary confinement until trial and try to discover the chain of traitors that arranged for her to be put in the positions of authority she was given.

I am old enough I can remember when treason was a serious crime.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1929 on: February 15, 2023, 02:39:42 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Somehow,we need to find out WHO is pulling the strings in the background and letter her get away with it,and bring them up on federal charges. THEN we need to have Miss Miley arrested and held in solitary confinement until trial and try to discover the chain of traitors that arranged for her to be put in the positions of authority she was given.

I am old enough I can remember when treason was a serious crime.
Well, I agree, but the DOJ is too busy going after people who go to the Latin Mass and Fathers who complain at school board meetings because their daughter got raped in the locker room by some predator playing dress-up.

You know we aren't gone full blown Soviet yet, because some people aren't having "tragic accidents" or suffering from "botched robberies", but it's coming.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1930 on: February 15, 2023, 04:53:56 pm »
Could we now, after a high ranking russian officer has declared war on Germany, deliver more weapons to Ukraine? Or activate NATO?
Now Russia is talking about East Germany? That actually is World War 3 stuff.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1931 on: February 15, 2023, 05:07:48 pm »
Could we now, after a high ranking russian officer has declared war on Germany, deliver more weapons to Ukraine? Or activate NATO?

Pooty's partying like its 1956.  Except in 1956, the USSR had the #2 World GDP.  Now they are 11th.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #1932 on: February 15, 2023, 05:15:52 pm »
Mad Vlad,

Germany has a greater historical claim to Russia's Kaliningrad Oblast (formerly Konisberg, East Prussia, Germany) than Russia has to any inch of territory within the modern borders of Germany.

#FreeKonisberg, #LiberateEastPrussia
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1933 on: February 15, 2023, 05:19:32 pm »

Pooty's partying like its 1956.  Except in 1956, the USSR had the #2 World GDP.  Now they are 11th.
East Germany, Moldova, Croatia, Poland, bomb the UK ... Putin and his supporters think it is 1939 and they are the new Nazi Party.
Putin cannot finish what is on his plate now. And yet he is ordering another bucket of chicken, which he cannot afford.

People around the world are questioning Putin's fitness, both mental and physical. Something is certainly askew with his rational. He is wrecking his country in every way with all of this nonsense. If he is ill, as some say, maybe he has nothing to live for and simply does not care?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1934 on: February 15, 2023, 05:20:02 pm »

The difference is that if any American says anything, it is instantly taken as the position of the U.S. government and confirmation of a an imminent threat to Russia's survival.

But if an active duty Russian general officer openly threatens to invade NATO allies, it is dismissed as something we should ignore.
I think that's how it works, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 06:36:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1935 on: February 15, 2023, 05:33:23 pm »

Such a nice gentleman, a true saviour and anti-fascist!

The President of the Russian Republic of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, caused a sensation with provocative statements in an interview with Russian state television. For example, “Putin’s Bloodhound” suggested that the Russian army should invade East Germany (territory of the former GDR). “This is our territory”. He also threatened German Chancellor Olaf Scholz with a beating.

Kadyrov said on TV channel Rossiya-1 that the withdrawal of Russian troops from what is now East Germany (former East Germany) in the 1990s was a mistake. And added: “Gorbachev or whoever has withdrawn our troops from there. The Germans should have been punished as traitors to understand their place. We must return there, it is our territory.”

Source:  https://todaytimeslive.com/world/217465.html

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1936 on: February 15, 2023, 06:41:44 pm »
Kadyrov was promoted to Colonel General (3*, equivalent to a Lt. Gen.) in October.  And Putin has never said a word to disavow anything Kadyrov has said.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1937 on: February 15, 2023, 07:52:59 pm »
78 pages in, I am guessing a "IV" thread should be in the cards........

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1938 on: February 15, 2023, 08:05:02 pm »
78 pages in, I am guessing a "IV" thread should be in the cards........

How about starting the Ukraine 4 thread on February 24, the 1-year anniversary of the orcish invasion?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1939 on: February 15, 2023, 09:13:24 pm »
Vladimir solovyevs son Daniel is a transgender model in London. Maybe Daniel should be on front line at ukraine?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1940 on: February 15, 2023, 10:23:50 pm »
Well, I agree, but the DOJ is too busy going after people who go to the Latin Mass and Fathers who complain at school board meetings because their daughter got raped in the locker room by some predator playing dress-up.

You know we aren't gone full blown Soviet yet, because some people aren't having "tragic accidents" or suffering from "botched robberies", but it's coming.

@Smokin Joe

I really wish I could argue with that,but I can't.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1941 on: February 15, 2023, 10:39:50 pm »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1942 on: February 16, 2023, 02:28:26 am »
Putin has limited options to sustain his war on Ukraine: UK statement to the OSCE

GOV.UK From:  Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office and Ian Stubbs, Senior Military Advisor at the UK Delegation to the OSCE  2/15/2023

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/putin-has-limited-options-to-sustain-his-war-on-ukraine-uk-statement-to-the-osce

Ian Stubbs says Russia is suffering its highest casualty rate since the invasion began, but Putin could stop his needless sacrifice of thousands more Russians.

Thank you, Mr Chair. A year ago, we reported to this Forum that Russia’s military build-up had amassed approximately 130,000 troops positioned along Ukraine’s borders and in illegally annexed Crimea.

Russia had deployed: the Iskander-K offensive ballistic missile systems in range of key Ukrainian cities and infrastructure; extensive air defence assets including the S-400 and Pantsir missile systems; and large numbers of air assets including the Su-25, Su-35S, Ka-52 and Mi-8 on a scale not normally seen as part of exercises.

Russia had also imposed unprecedented access restrictions over large areas of the Black Sea and was further bolstering its Black Sea Fleet with reinforcements from other Fleets; including increasing the number of landing ships by more than double.

In the face of this massive military build-up and Russia’s escalating rhetoric, Ukraine had demonstrated remarkable restraint. We had seen commendable attempts by Ukraine, and others, to reduce the risk of miscalculation and de-escalate tensions through two initiations of the Vienna Document Risk Reduction mechanism. But Russia refused to engage, insisting that it saw “no grounds for applying the procedures of the Vienna Document Paragraph 16”. Russia’s argument that the risk reduction mechanism did not apply whilst at the same time presiding over the biggest military build-up in Europe since the Cold War, was a clear indication that Putin had already taken the decision that Russia would invade its sovereign neighbour.

Mr Chair, we also know that the lies, deception and disruptive activity from our Russian colleagues aimed to deliberately undermine efforts by participating States to find a diplomatic resolution to the crisis. The Russian delegation’s duplicitous behaviour endures nearly a year later.

Last week, in an interview with Russian State media, our Russian colleague lamented that other delegations were “scrutinising” Russia’s “previous statements, looking for contradictions” – we do not have to look far. In this Forum exactly a year ago, he stated that Ukraine was “stubbornly continuing to impose…an unsubstantiated idea about some kind of Russian aggression”. Russia then invaded Ukraine. Last week, he said that Russia had “made every effort to ensure military-political stability in Europe”, but Russia refused to engage in the very mechanisms designed by this organisation to reduce risk, de-escalate tension and restore stability. When our Russian colleague persists in using this Forum to peddle the Kremlin’s disinformation and propaganda, the contradictions are clear for all to see.

Mr Chair, over the past two weeks, Russia has reportedly suffered its highest rate of casualties since the first week of the invasion of Ukraine. Russian military leaders have now likely deployed the vast majority of the reservists called up under the so-called “partial mobilisation” and Wagner announced on 09 February that it had halted its prisoner recruitment scheme. The options for Putin and his military leaders to sustain their war of choice appear to be limited: continue to deplete their forces; scale back their objectives; or conduct a further form of mobilisation. But there is another option: Putin could end this war now, withdraw all Russian forces from Ukrainian sovereign territory, and in doing so, stop his needless sacrifice of thousands more ordinary Russian people.

Mr Chair, in the face of Russia’s barbaric invasion and brutal actions, we must all recognise that giving Ukraine the support it needs to defend itself and push Russia out of its sovereign territory is the swiftest and only path to a just and lasting peace. In the UK-Ukraine Joint Declaration we signed with Ukraine on 8 February, we reaffirmed our countries’ commitment to stand side by side in the face of Russia’s aggression.

The UK is working with Ukraine to help develop their longer-term force structures and capabilities, to reverse Russian gains and build towards a deterrence force of the future. We will support our Ukrainian friends as they fight to liberate their homeland. Ukraine’s sovereignty, territorial integrity, and independence will be fully restored. Thank you.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1943 on: February 16, 2023, 12:56:43 pm »
Russia pounds Ukraine in overnight attack: Critical infrastructure hit in missile strikes as it's revealed Putin 'is losing 2,000 men for every 100 yards gained and has lost half his best battle tanks'

By CHRIS JEWERS FOR MAILONLINE
16 February 2023

Russia again pummelled Ukraine with a barrage of cruise and other missiles on Thursday, hitting targets from east to west, including 'critical infrastructure'.

Ukrainian authorities said a 79-year-old woman was killed and at least seven other people injured in the widespread attacks.

Russian forces used a variety of missile types, firing 36 in a two-hour overnight burst, said Ukraine's military chief, Valery Zaluzhnyy,  He said air defence batteries shot down 16 of them, a lower rate of success than against some previous Russian waves.

The strikes come as questions continue to be raised over Russia's capability to prosecute a new offensive that Western officials have been issuing warnings over for weeks, amid reports suggesting Moscow's forces are severely depleted, with NATO intelligence saying Russia is losing 2,000 men for every 100 yards gained.

Britain's defence secretary Ben Wallace said Wednesday estimates suggest '97 percent of the whole Russian army is in Ukraine', while the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) said Russia has lost around half of its best battle tanks since Vladimir Putin launched his invasion almost one year ago.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11757777/Ukraine-war-Russia-launches-overnight-missiles-Putins-military-struggles-continue.html

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1944 on: February 16, 2023, 12:59:29 pm »
Putin will deliver major speech within days amid fears Russia is amassing fighter jets on Ukraine's border for major new offensive

* Russia is expected to launch new offensive to mark anniversary of invasion

* Putin will deliver his annual State of the Nation speech on February 21

By CHRIS JEWERS FOR MAILONLINE
16 February 2023

Vladimir Putin will deliver his annual State of the Nation speech within days, amid warnings that Russia is amassing fighter jets on Ukraine's borders.

Oleksiy Danilov, Ukraine's chief of intelligence, said Moscow was gearing up towards a 'massive new attack' in just seven days time - to mark the anniversary of the Russian president's invasion, which was launched on February 24, 2022.

Ukrainian defenders are preparing to defend against a force that could consist of 400 fighter jets, 300 helicopters, 1,800 new tanks and 3,950 armoured vehicles, while it was reported this month that 500,000 Russian troops have been mobilised.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11758335/Putin-deliver-major-speech-days.html

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1945 on: February 16, 2023, 04:10:10 pm »
Norway Approves $7 Bn Aid Package For Ukraine

https://www.barrons.com/news/norway-approves-7-bn-aid-package-for-ukraine-363696c6

Norwegian parties on Thursday backed an aid package worth 75 billion Norwegian kroner ($7.4 billion) for Ukraine to be spread out over five years.

All parties in the Storting, Norway's parliament, backed the plan that the centre-left government first presented on February 6 apart from Rodt (The Red Party), a small far-left grouping.

The plan pledges 15 billion kroner annually in civilian and military aid between 2023 and 2027.

More at link.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1946 on: February 16, 2023, 04:15:39 pm »
Ukraine at D+357: Combined arms failure.

https://thecyberwire.com/stories/9e9d93e18cfa409383f13935912c445e/ukraine-at-d357

Fighting continues in Ukraine's eastern provinces, and Russian forces have launched a further wave of Kalibr cruise missiles against Ukrainian targets, Al Jazeera reports. A number of these were shot down by Ukrainian air defenses, but some found their targets.

The first year of the war has been tough on Russian armor. The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) estimates that Russia has lost about half of its first-line tanks, and isn't able to produce them fast enough to keep the forces supplied. Russia’s tank losses are running at roughly three times Ukraine's: between 2000 and 2300 Russian tanks have been lost compared to 700 Ukrainian tanks. “They’re producing and reactivating nowhere near enough to compensate for those loss rates. Their current armoured fleet at the front is about half the size it was at the start of the war,” an IISS research fellow told Reuters.

The Russian attempt to take Vuhledar, widely regarded as the opening move in a more general Russian spring offensive, is now perceived as a costly failure, one which, as the New York Times puts it, puts Russian combat capability into question.

Russian combat aviation may not be preparing for an offensive after all.

The UK's Ministry of Defence doubts recent reports that Russian Aerospace Forces are preparing for a larger combat role in Ukraine. "The Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) continue to deploy a similar number of aircraft in support of the Ukraine operation as they have for many months. Russian sortie rates have increased over the last week, following several weeks of quieter activity. Air activity is now roughly in line with the average daily rate seen since summer 2022. Overall, Russian air power continues to significantly underperform in the war, constrained by a continued high threat from Ukrainian air defences and dispersed basing due to the threat of strikes against Russian airfields. Russian combat jets operate almost exclusively over Russian-held territory, preventing them from carrying out their key strike role effectively. Across Russia, the VKS likely maintains a largely intact fleet of approximately 1,500 crewed military aircraft, despite losing over 130 since the start of the invasion. However, it is unlikely that the VKS is currently preparing for a dramatically expanded air campaign as under the current battlefield circumstances it would likely suffer unsustainable aircraft losses."

More at link.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #1947 on: February 16, 2023, 04:44:09 pm »
Top Putin war official plunges 160 feet to her death from high-rise building

https://nypost.com/2023/02/16/top-putin-war-official-marine-yankina-plunges-to-her-death/

A high-ranking Russian defense official in the war against Ukraine was found dead Wednesday after falling from a 16th-floor window in an apartment building.

Marina Yankina, 58, was discovered by a passerby at the entrance of a high-rise on Zamshina Street in St. Petersburg, Russian news Telegram channel Mash reported.

She is believed to have fallen 160 feet to her death. Her personal belongings and documents were found on a 16th-floor balcony in the building.

According to a preliminary investigation, it is believed Yankina committed suicide.

Mash reported that a few minutes before allegedly taking her own life, Yankina called her ex-husband and told him what she was about to do.

She also asked the man to summon police to the high-rise on Zamshina Street where he lived.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1948 on: February 16, 2023, 04:49:56 pm »
Top Putin war official plunges 160 feet to her death from high-rise building

https://nypost.com/2023/02/16/top-putin-war-official-marine-yankina-plunges-to-her-death/

I've seen some pro-Putin posters elsewhere claiming that these suicides are all faked, and that Putin is graciously helping these people fake their deaths so they can go live under new identities without being burdened by the sanctions the Western countries have imposed on them.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1949 on: February 16, 2023, 05:00:57 pm »
I've seen some pro-Putin posters elsewhere claiming that these suicides are all faked, and that Putin is graciously helping these people fake their deaths so they can go live under new identities without being burdened by the sanctions the Western countries have imposed on them.

Agree....  I suspect Brietbarting is a pretty serious medical problem in modern post- Ukraine Russia.

And even here.  Remeber that scary creepy tweet from Musk saying that any reported suicide by him would not be the case?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 05:02:11 pm by catfish1957 »