Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152237 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #1450 on: December 29, 2022, 07:20:03 pm »
Yeah, Tucker's lost his mind and jumped the shark for sure.

Tucker has lost the ability to differentiate between Poroshenko and Zelenskiy.  All Ukrainians are the same to him.  Sort of like Putin calling them "drug addicts" and "nazis".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1451 on: December 29, 2022, 07:22:46 pm »
This thread needs a logo.  Here's a suggestion......

Here's one for you:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1452 on: December 29, 2022, 07:35:31 pm »
Also Tucker Carlson.

No argument there.  He's so dishonest when it comes to Ukraine that it made me question whether he was being dishonest on other topics.   So now, I don't watch his show period.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1453 on: December 29, 2022, 07:39:33 pm »
Yeah, Tucker's lost his mind and jumped the shark for sure.

I guess that raises the question:  Is it possible to be against Sloe Joe's reckless spending in Ukraine and be against Ukranian corruption, yet still greatly desire for Russia to leave Ukraine (including Crimea)?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #1454 on: December 29, 2022, 07:43:13 pm »
I guess that raises the question:  Is it possible to be against Sloe Joe's reckless spending in Ukraine and be against Ukranian corruption, yet still greatly desire for Russia to leave Ukraine (including Crimea)?

Yes, it is.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1455 on: December 29, 2022, 07:44:38 pm »
I guess that raises the question:  Is it possible to be against Sloe Joe's reckless spending in
the name of Ukraine and be against Ukrainian corruption, yet still greatly desire for Russia to leave Ukraine (including Crimea)?

Yep.  Been there since Day One.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1456 on: December 29, 2022, 07:48:49 pm »
Yep.  Been there since Day One.

I proudly accept your edit to my post!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1457 on: December 29, 2022, 07:50:58 pm »
I haven't seen the Deets on Joe's spending proposal on Ukraine, is it no strings attached stuff, or is like loans and stuff, which could actually potentially be break even (at least in theory)? Just curious.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1458 on: December 29, 2022, 07:52:58 pm »
I proudly accept your edit to my post!

Meanwhile, Ukraine continues to go without adequate anti-air capabilities as Russia continues to terrorize the civilian population with missiles and suicide drones, while Biden toots his own horn with promises of defense missiles that go undelivered.  But how about all that 'Ukraine' money handed out to Samantha Powers at USAID?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1459 on: December 29, 2022, 07:54:19 pm »
I haven't seen the Deets on Joe's spending proposal on Ukraine, is it no strings attached stuff

How much do you know about money laundering?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #1460 on: December 29, 2022, 08:36:47 pm »
Here's a recent Congressional Research Service Report on U.S. aid to Ukraine, and how it is spent.  Despite popular belief, we're not just flying pallets of cash to Kyiv and dropping it off, and most of this hasn't even been spent yet:

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF12040

And the Center for Strategic and International Studies does a good job of explaining it too:

https://www.csis.org/analysis/aid-ukraine-explained-six-charts

Few people actually bother to take the time to read and understand how the assistance works, and instead just make general assumptions.  Heck, most people think that Zelensky has been president of Ukraine for 10 years or more.  He was elected by a landslide in March 2019 on a reform platform, based, ironically enough, on his TV show "Servant of the People."  It was kinda like Jerry Seinfeld running for president at the time, and he was surprised that he actually got elected.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1461 on: December 29, 2022, 08:40:47 pm »
No argument there.  He's (Tucker Carlson) so dishonest when it comes to Ukraine that it made me question whether he was being dishonest on other topics.   So now, I don't watch his show period.

Biden is so dishonest when it comes to everything and yet you do not question him on Ukraine.  Why is this @Maj. Bill Martin ?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1462 on: December 29, 2022, 08:49:47 pm »
Here's one for you:

Nah.  I don't think your logo should be "liar, liar pants on fire".  Misled, simpleton children playing war better captures the thread's essence. IMO. 

But, perhaps you do know better than I ---- it is, after all, your thread.     :shrug:

« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 08:52:54 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1463 on: December 29, 2022, 08:52:32 pm »
Biden is so dishonest when it comes to everything and yet you do not question him on Ukraine.  Why is this @Maj. Bill Martin ?

Where is this post where @Maj. Bill Martin supports Biden's policy of denying Ukraine the weaponry needed to drive Russia out of Ukraine?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1464 on: December 29, 2022, 08:53:56 pm »
Nah.  I don't think your logo should be "liar, liar pants on fire".  Misled, simpleton children playing war better captures the thread's essence. IMO. 

The record shows you to be the one still repeating the Azov Battalion lie.  But then you knew that already.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1465 on: December 29, 2022, 08:56:39 pm »
This is you, no?

"The media has also been burying years of inconvenient reporting on the neo-Nazi affiliated Azov Battalion. Watch the @NYTimes soften their language in real time, as they rebrand the Azov Battalion from openly neo-Nazi, to far-right, to heroic defenders of Ukraine "

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1466 on: December 29, 2022, 09:04:30 pm »

My support for Ukraine is based on the actions of Russia, not the bleatings of Biden.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1467 on: December 29, 2022, 09:05:31 pm »
What exactly does Russia have to gain by attacking the civilian infrastructure of Ukraine? Yeah I get that we've done things like that in the past, but this is a limited war. Why not stick to military targets?

Once they recognized that they could not defeat the Ukrainian military they began a campaign to destroy the infrastructure to push a depopulation of Ukraine. By forcing Ukrainians to flee and become refugees the eventual collapse of the country is possible. The Russians have also taken as many as 1,000,000 Ukrainians and resettled them throughout Russia.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1468 on: December 29, 2022, 09:10:10 pm »
My support for Ukraine is based on the actions of Russia, not the bleatings of Biden.

Word.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online berdie

« Reply #1469 on: December 29, 2022, 09:35:42 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1470 on: December 29, 2022, 09:45:04 pm »

What are our national economic and security interests that justify our continued war against Russia @Maj. Bill Martin

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1471 on: December 29, 2022, 09:47:40 pm »
For emphasis purposes only:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #1472 on: December 29, 2022, 09:50:51 pm »
What are our national economic and security interests that justify our continued war against Russia @Maj. Bill Martin

You know that NATO thing that's been going on for the last 70 years or so? What do you think its purpose is? To keep Russia and its satellites out of other people's countries consuming them once again. The need for NATO and the expense that goes with it is greatly reduced with a Russia that doesn't have the ability to invade others any longer.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1473 on: December 29, 2022, 09:56:01 pm »
You know that NATO thing that's been going on for the last 70 years or so? What do you think its purpose is? To keep Russia and its satellites out of other people's countries consuming them once again. The need for NATO and the expense that goes with it is greatly reduced with a Russia that doesn't have the ability to invade others any longer.

And then there's the oil and gas thingie - i.e. Russia seizing control of Ukrainian petroleum resources in order to increase it's cartel power over the rest of Europe.  And of course the human rights angle where we decided long ago that atrocities committed against civilians should not go unchecked.  Mass graves filled with civilian victims seems to have an affect on US foreign policy.

But then all of these items (and more) have been repeated here again and again.  Yet one poster intentionally ignores them by asking the same obtuse already-answered question for months on end.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #1474 on: December 29, 2022, 10:33:15 pm »
Inside the Ukrainian counteroffensive that shocked Putin and reshaped the war

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/12/29/ukraine-offensive-kharkiv-kherson-donetsk/?utm_campaign=wp_todays_headlines&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_headlines&fbclid=IwAR3dRDzolh53KRxM-6L5MLPb-MOJJwSvVZXLY7aPcS64iw7fb3erZZxM3Q0

After weeks of fighting for scraps of territory on the war’s bloodiest front, Oleh, a 21-year-old Ukrainian company commander, was summoned suddenly last August, along with thousands of other soldiers, to an obscure rendezvous point in the Kharkiv region.

At his last position, relentless Russian artillery fire had stalked his men’s every step. But here, in a patch of villages, farmland and streams in Ukraine’s northeast, the quiet was deeply alarming. “The silence bothered me the most,” Oleh said. “It seemed off. How could this be?”

Even more unsettling were the orders his superiors handed down: to charge as far as 40 miles into enemy territory at high speed in an audacious, top-secret counteroffensive — directly between the Russian-occupied stronghold of Izyum and Russia’s own Belgorod region dotted with military bases. It seemed preposterous. “Some kind of dubious operation,” Oleh said.

But after a summer of heavy Russian casualties and President Vladimir Putin’s refusal to conscript reinforcements, the Kremlin’s troops were badly depleted. A shift of units south — to defend the captured regional capital of Kherson amid talk of a big Ukrainian push there — had left the Kharkiv area exposed.

It was a stunning vulnerability, confirmed by Ukrainian reconnaissance teams and small drones. And Kyiv would exploit it to change the dynamic of the war, and achieve Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s goal of redrawing the battlefield map before winter.

After Russia’s invasion began on Feb. 24, Ukrainian troops forced Russia’s retreat from Kyiv in an underdog triumph that ended the first stage of the conflict. Thwarted from conquering the capital, Russia concentrated its power in the south and east, pummeling Ukrainian forces until new, longer-range weapons arrived from the United States and Europe and helped stall Moscow’s advances. Ukraine had survived but, after a half-year of war, one-quarter of its territory was still occupied and its military had failed to show it could launch an offensive to retake substantial ground.

That was about to change.

Excerpt (BIG article!)
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus