Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152359 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #1400 on: December 27, 2022, 02:23:06 pm »
LMAO....

1st rule of successful sincere negotiation is to have the upper hand, or at worst be on even footing.   Maybe Russian's Foreign Minister might want to elaborate that a once boasted 2 week campaign that is now bogged down to 10 months of quagmire meets that criteria.

The fact the "Negotiation" term is even being bantered, is proof that Russia now fears Crimea is at risk.   And that would be a national embarassment of epic proportions.

@catfish1957

This massive brain fart wasn't a mere "step too far",it was an "Olympic leap into foolishness". The FACT that the people in power in the Kremlin still think they are living in the early 50's shows us all how senile those old farts really are.

It also shows us how scared the junior Politburo members are of crossing them. The "Old USSR" is still alive and as sick as ever in the Kremlin.

Until and unless the more junior members get some balls,Russia just might end up in a civil war as people get tired of seeing their sons and relatives shipped off to die in a war none of them understand.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1401 on: December 27, 2022, 02:28:09 pm »
@catfish1957

This massive brain fart wasn't a mere "step too far",it was an "Olympic leap into foolishness". The FACT that the people in power in the Kremlin still think they are living in the early 50's shows us all how senile those old farts really are.

It also shows us how scared the junior Politburo members are of crossing them. The "Old USSR" is still alive and as sick as ever in the Kremlin.

Until and unless the more junior members get some balls,Russia just might end up in a civil war as people get tired of seeing their sons and relatives shipped off to die in a war none of them understand.

You bring up valid points about the geo-politico-military mindset of Russia.  Just because you topple the USSR bear in 1990, doesn't mean you can take the 3 generations of USSR mindset out of the Bear.

Especially, for those of us old enough to remember that the USSR possessed the ultimate superiority of arrogance for decades before it's crash. When those types fall, they don't repent....   They get revenge.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1402 on: December 27, 2022, 10:05:21 pm »
A tweet is a bleep but he is 100% correct
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1403 on: December 27, 2022, 10:14:46 pm »
You bring up valid points about the geo-politico-military mindset of Russia.  Just because you topple the USSR bear in 1990, doesn't mean you can take the 3 generations of USSR mindset out of the Bear.

Especially, for those of us old enough to remember that the USSR possessed the ultimate superiority of arrogance for decades before it's crash. When those types fall, they don't repent....   They get revenge.

@catfish1957

The entire world,with the exception of China were terrified of the USSR just a couple of decades ago. Now,even the citizens in Russia are more cautious than terrified.

With the exception of the younger members of the Politburo. They "sit too close to the fire" to risk getting burned unless something major happens that forces them to move on the leadership.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1404 on: December 27, 2022, 11:03:53 pm »
Seems to me the last time they 'negotiated', Ukraine gave up its nuclear weapons for a guarantee their border would be secure.

How's that one working out?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1405 on: December 27, 2022, 11:17:45 pm »
Seems to me the last time they 'negotiated', Ukraine gave up its nuclear weapons for a guarantee their border would be secure.

How's that one working out?

Pretty damned lousy, once O'Bastard took office.  Not taking sides in this, but I hope Ukraine ends up choking Crimea out of the Bear's maw.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1406 on: December 27, 2022, 11:20:15 pm »
Any acceptable terms must begin with the permanent withdrawal of all Russian troops from Ukrainian soil and an end to their Sevastopol leases.   And Crimea is Ukrainian soil.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1407 on: December 28, 2022, 01:02:42 am »
Off topic: This describes exactly how the PLO 'negotiates' with Israel. Same thing.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1408 on: December 28, 2022, 02:04:49 am »
Off topic: This describes exactly how the PLO 'negotiates' with Israel. Same thing.

@240B

Not to mention how the DNC "negotiates" with the RNC.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1409 on: December 28, 2022, 05:36:17 am »
Only Russians could announce such a fail cope. Great News comrades, we totally shot down an enemy drone! Also 3—6 of our irreplaceable pilots are dead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1410 on: December 28, 2022, 06:46:46 am »
Whenever the Communists came to the negotiating table, it was to buy time to reinforce, consolidate, and reorganize their forces, whether in Korea, Vietnam, or elsewhere.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1411 on: December 28, 2022, 12:02:49 pm »
Only Russians could announce such a fail cope. Great News comrades, we totally shot down an enemy drone! Also 3—6 of our irreplaceable pilots are dead.

@240B

If Russia weren't a Soviet military police state,that would cause heads to roll in the military.

The way things are now,the only heads that are going to roll are going to be the heads of the people who let this become public knowledge.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1412 on: December 28, 2022, 07:39:43 pm »
Moscow delivers Ukraine war ultimatum: Accept our terms

https://www.aol.com/news/russias-lavrov-either-ukraine-fulfils-095056554.html

Moscow's proposals for settlement in Ukraine are well known to Kyiv and either Ukraine fulfils them for their own good or the Russian army will decide the issue, TASS agency quoted Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov as saying.

"Our proposals for the demilitarization and denazification of the territories controlled by the regime, the elimination of threats to Russia's security emanating from there, including our new lands, are well known to the enemy," the state news agency quoted Lavrov as saying late on Monday.

"The point is simple: Fulfil them for your own good. Otherwise, the issue will be decided by the Russian army."

Excerpt.

This is Bruce Campbell's Chin at TOS.

Given that TOS has now turned into Pravda West, my wife's edict of "only one message board" means I'm posting here again. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1413 on: December 28, 2022, 07:55:01 pm »

Given that TOS has now turned into Pravda West, my wife's edict of "only one message board" means I'm posting here again.

I haven't been to TOS lately, but welcome back Major!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #1414 on: December 28, 2022, 08:10:34 pm »

Yo Bruce!!!   :beer:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #1415 on: December 28, 2022, 08:11:05 pm »
I haven't been to TOS lately, but welcome back Major!!

It's a dumpster fire, as usual.   888mouth
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1416 on: December 28, 2022, 10:04:48 pm »
"It’s Orwellian.  They act as though years of contrary reporting never existed, and reality is as they now choose to define it."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/SystemUpdate_/status/1607832287940603904

"The media has also been burying years of inconvenient reporting on the neo-Nazi affiliated Azov Battalion. Watch the @NYTimes soften their language in real time, as they rebrand the Azov Battalion from openly neo-Nazi, to far-right, to heroic defenders of Ukraine " (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/SystemUpdate_/status/1607832281443635200

"One of the most remarkable features of the Ukraine war is how the media rewrote years of history, almost overnight, to support U.S. intervention in Ukraine. Before Russia invaded, Zelensky was not exactly the poster child for virtuous democratic leadership:"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/SystemUpdate_/status/1607832269791662081

« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 10:07:34 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online berdie

« Reply #1417 on: December 28, 2022, 10:11:01 pm »
They could be defenders. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There are Nazis (and other nefarious groups) here as well, are there not? If this country were invaded, would their help be refused?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1418 on: December 28, 2022, 10:16:28 pm »
They could be defenders. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There are Nazis (and other nefarious groups) here as well, are there not? If this country were invaded, would their help be refused?

We are already being invaded from the South, and none of these people give a rip. 
I will NOT comply.

Online berdie

« Reply #1419 on: December 28, 2022, 10:41:41 pm »
We are already being invaded from the South, and none of these people give a rip.

I was actually thinking about a Ukraine/Russia scenario....but I can't argue with what you say.

« Reply #1420 on: December 28, 2022, 10:53:26 pm »

Stopping the years of  brutal military assault by the Azov Battalion on the Donbas region (at the direction of Kiev) is one of the reasons Russia took action.

But now this fact is being erased from history to manipulate and justify our war on Russia.

Online berdie

« Reply #1421 on: December 28, 2022, 11:10:33 pm »
Stopping the years of  brutal military assault by the Azov Battalion on the Donbas region (at the direction of Kiev) is one of the reasons Russia took action.

But now this fact is being erased from history to manipulate and justify our war on Russia.

Okey Doke. I guess why the Russians are trying to bomb Ukraine to oblivion.

« Reply #1422 on: December 28, 2022, 11:36:37 pm »

Okey Doke. I guess why the Russians are trying to bomb Ukraine to oblivion.

Why didn't you object to the US and GB shutting off negotiations before the first bombs fell @berdie

Online berdie

« Reply #1423 on: December 28, 2022, 11:46:58 pm »
Why didn't you object to the US and GB shutting off negotiations before the first bombs fell @berdie

Online berdie

« Reply #1424 on: December 28, 2022, 11:49:20 pm »

Maybe because the "negotiations" were insincere?