Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152366 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #1325 on: December 17, 2022, 02:31:50 am »
I know, sometimes we get so locked into a position that no matter what we won't budge. I'm all for Ukraine, but I do recognize they have a history of corruption and while I have a great deal of respect for Zelensky's courage at the start of the invasion I am tempering that as I see him posing on magazine covers and his wife not recognizing her symbolic position.
Yeah, if they were professional politicians, they might be more cognizant of optics.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1326 on: December 18, 2022, 12:14:03 am »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1327 on: December 18, 2022, 06:53:30 am »
Moskow on Fire

It is a trending thing. Putin is deathly afraid that Ukraine will attack HIM.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1328 on: December 18, 2022, 12:13:18 pm »
Moskow on Fire

It is a trending thing. Putin is deathly afraid that Ukraine will attack HIM.

@240B

I SERIOUSLY doubt that,but I suspect he is VERY afraid of the Kremlin bosses attacking him. NOBODY  is more afraid of a new ruler than a former ruler in a dictatorship,and by now everybody in the Kremlin know invading Ukraine was a MAJOR brain fart and must be getting nervous about their own safety and/or careers if they keep supporting him and his Ukrainian brain fart.

I suspect he would already be out of office if it weren't for the Kremlin brass that supported the invasion BECAUSE they are Kremlin geezers and never thought the Ukrainians would dare to fight back,never mind for all practical purposes,defeat the Neo-Soviet invasion force and chase some of them back into Russia.

I SUSPECT the senior geezers that aren't senile are only still supporting this brain fart because they can't figure out how to order a retreat and end to the hostilities without losing their own privileged positions and maybe even their pensions.

I don't think anyone can predict the outcome of this situation at the present time. I SUSPECT that  everybody wants it to end by now because a prolonged fight like this is not good for either side,but the Kremlin geezers can't seem to figure out a way they can admit defeat by ending the war,and then be able to maintain their power,positions,and wealth.

Ukraine,of course would LOVE to see the Neo-Soviets declare an end to the invasion and a Neo-Soviet defeat because they KNOW they can never invade Russia and defeat them at home.

I really haven't been paying any attention to the Russian press,so I am asking "Are they doing any actual reporting on what is really happening in Ukraine,and the number of Neo-Soviet troops that are being killed or maimed for life due to the ego of Putin and his followers?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1329 on: December 18, 2022, 01:51:42 pm »

https://twitter.com/Ramy_Sawma/status/1604077378778513408

Zellinski and Trudeau with 2 feet of each other.  Where's a basket of rotten fruit when you need it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #1330 on: December 18, 2022, 03:01:07 pm »
Zellinski and Trudeau with 2 feet of each other.  Where's a basket of rotten fruit when you need it.

Those are two different video feeds next to each other. They are not physically next to each other.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1331 on: December 18, 2022, 06:45:00 pm »
Yeah, if they were professional politicians, they might be more cognizant of optics.

Melania Trump was not a professional politician and despite the media's best efforts to characterize her in a bad light she was classy and a great symbol to the USA. It can be done.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1332 on: December 18, 2022, 07:20:37 pm »
Those are two different video feeds next to each other. They are not physically next to each other.

Never let 'truth' get in the way of parroting Russian propaganda.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #1333 on: December 18, 2022, 07:25:46 pm »

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1334 on: December 18, 2022, 07:26:33 pm »
QED.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1335 on: December 18, 2022, 08:11:31 pm »
Battle for Bakhmut Is Critical Test of Russia’s Prospects in Ukraine

Russia’s new war commander promised advances in exchange for retreat in the south. Bakhmut in the east is where he is trying to show those gains.

Yaroslav Trofimov  |  Dec. 18, 2022  |  11:51 am ET

BAKHMUT, Ukraine—Russian shells slammed closer and closer as Ludmyla Bondarenko and Zoya Shilkova, clad in fur coats atop layers of clothing, sat on a bench outside their apartment block, chatting and getting some fresh air on a frigid afternoon in what remains of this eastern Ukrainian city.

At an intersection nearby, Ukrainian troops used a crane to emplace concrete slabs, fortifying the neighborhood. Three freshly arrived tanks roared by, blue-and-yellow flags fluttering from their turrets. A distant staccato of machine-gun fire could be heard amid the thumps of artillery.

“We’re so used to it by now, we no longer pay much attention,” Ms. Bondarenko, 76, said as she pointed to a nearby crater left by a Russian shell in the morning. “It’s been going on for months. When is it going to end?”

“It’s probably never going to end,” replied Ms. Shilkova, 75.

Their apartments have had no heating, power or running water for months. The only available food comes from volunteers. “It’s a humanitarian catastrophe. That’s how we live,” Ms. Bondarenko said.  .  .  .

https://www.wsj.com/articles/battle-for-bakhmut-is-critical-test-of-russias-prospects-in-ukraine-11671382297
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 10:45:37 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1336 on: December 19, 2022, 02:53:52 am »
It's a split screen.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1337 on: December 19, 2022, 02:55:40 am »
Melania Trump was not a professional politician and despite the media's best efforts to characterize her in a bad light she was classy and a great symbol to the USA. It can be done.
Yes, it can, but Melania had been in the public eye in high circles for decades.
I get the feeling that is not so for Mrs. Zelensky.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1338 on: December 19, 2022, 03:11:21 am »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1339 on: December 19, 2022, 02:58:40 pm »
Yes, it can, but Melania had been in the public eye in high circles for decades.
I get the feeling that is not so for Mrs. Zelensky.

You are more gracious than I am.

It seems to me that a great many Ukrainians are suffering terribly from the Russian invasion as well as Ukrainian soldiers paying the ultimate price. In light of that appearing to live the "high life" is stupid.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DB

« Reply #1340 on: December 19, 2022, 08:22:43 pm »
You are more gracious than I am.

It seems to me that a great many Ukrainians are suffering terribly from the Russian invasion as well as Ukrainian soldiers paying the ultimate price. In light of that appearing to live the "high life" is stupid.

We don't even know if this "report" is true.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1341 on: December 19, 2022, 09:02:29 pm »

You got that right.  You would think that some papparazi would have snapped a photo of her exiting some high-end Parisian shop.  Yet no such photo exists.  No eyewitness quote, nor a hearsay quote.  Only the 'claim' of a second hand account of an anonymous store employee.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #1342 on: December 19, 2022, 09:12:10 pm »

Shamefully true.  Who knows anymore what to believe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1343 on: December 19, 2022, 09:14:45 pm »
Is Sundance a reliable source?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1344 on: December 19, 2022, 09:28:26 pm »
Is Sundance a reliable source?

I find him reiable.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1345 on: December 19, 2022, 09:33:59 pm »
I find him reiable.

I don't.  Been burned too many times on his stories.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1346 on: December 20, 2022, 01:13:53 am »
You got that right.  You would think that some papparazi would have snapped a photo of her exiting some high-end Parisian shop.  Yet no such photo exists.  No eyewitness quote, nor a hearsay quote.  Only the 'claim' of a second hand account of an anonymous store employee.

@Hoodat

HEY! If you can't trust a French salesman who works in a upscale boutique to tell you the truth about what some "rich bitch" did,said,and bought,who CAN you trust?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1347 on: December 20, 2022, 03:05:20 am »
What If Russia’s Partial Mobilization Is Actually A General Mobilization?

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=53620

In a non-embedable video, the YouTuber formerly know as The Russian Dude announced that he had been called up for military service as part of Putin’s “partial mobilization” to throw more cannon fodder into the Ukrainian meatgrinder. (I’m pretty sure that’s an important decision point in why he’s now known as The Canadian Dude.)

Oddly enough, all his male friends received conscription notices as well.

Commenters have long stated that Putin doesn’t want to declare a General Mobilization, because under Soviet Russian law, that requires an actual declaration of war, something still lacking in Vlad’s Special Military Operation.

Maybe Putin wants to roll the dice on one final spring push for Kiev, putting a million men under arms to launch a massive attack, relying on the Russian doctrine of quantity having a quality of its own to final snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

More at link.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1348 on: December 20, 2022, 03:13:44 am »
Even if they call up 1 million conscripts, they still don't have the means or ability to train or equip them.  The Soviet Doctrine lacks the innovative leadership of mid-level officers.  Which means they lack the ability to train up officers to compete successfully on the battle field.

In the end, 1 million ill-trained and ill-equipped conscripts will follow the orders of generals, charging forth to their deaths, just as they did under the tsars of old.  The shortest life expectancy of all ranks will be lieutenants followed by privates and captains.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1349 on: December 20, 2022, 03:30:43 am »
Russia Has More Artillery Than Ukraine. But Russian Gunners Have A Bad Habit Of Shelling ... Nothing.

David Axe  |  Dec 18, 2022  |  07:06pm EST

A Ukrainian army 2S7 howitzer in action.  UKRAINIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY PHOTO

Despite a deluge of Western support for Ukraine over the 10 months of Russia’s wider war on Ukraine, the Russian army still has more artillery and rocket-launchers than the Ukrainian army has.

But Russian gunners have a bad habit of shelling ... nothing. Or worse, shelling friendly troops.

On paper, the Russian army possesses one of the world’s best artillery fire-control systems. In practice, poorly trained and undisciplined Russian gunners following rigid, outdated doctrine are wasting Russia’s artillery advantage. Firing a lot of shells and rockets without necessarily hitting anything.  .  .  .

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2022/12/18/russia-has-more-artillery-than-ukraine-but-russian-gunners-have-a-bad-habit-of-shelling--nothing/?sh=3f7a8e1aed78

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1603381171328532481

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-