Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152258 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #1075 on: November 12, 2022, 09:33:03 pm »
Fixed it!

I stand corrected.  Although a lot of us feel powerless to change it.  Every primary, the candidates I vote for do not win.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1076 on: November 12, 2022, 10:14:18 pm »
I stand corrected.  Although a lot of us feel powerless to change it.  Every primary, the candidates I vote for do not win.

Join the friggin club! I think I'm a founding member.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1077 on: November 13, 2022, 01:29:11 am »
And the Republicans allow it.  Again and again, they allow it.  It's reason #472 why they are known as the Stupid Party.
It is likely they are involved, not just allowing it. The candidates they have consistently and most virulently opposed are ones who would tear the scam wide open.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1078 on: November 13, 2022, 01:56:17 am »
Ukraine will return to talks when its conditions are met - MP

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3613105-ukraine-will-return-to-talks-when-its-conditions-are-met-mp.html

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky clearly outlined the terms of negotiations with Russia, and Ukraine will sit down at the negotiating table when those terms are fulfilled.

Davyd Arakhamia, the head of the Servant of the People faction in parliament and a member of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security, Defense and Intelligence, said this in a post on Telegram, Ukrinform reports.

"Our President Volodymyr Zelensky clearly named the conditions under which it is possible to talk about something with Russia. They include the restoration of territorial integrity, compensation for all the damages inflicted, punishment for all war criminals, effective guarantees that this will not happen again," Arakhamia said.

Arakhamia emphasized that Kyiv's position remains unchanged: "Ukraine will sit down at the negotiating table when our conditions are fulfilled."

More at link.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1079 on: November 13, 2022, 05:52:43 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #1080 on: November 13, 2022, 06:20:44 pm »
Ukraine will return to talks when its conditions are met - MP

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3613105-ukraine-will-return-to-talks-when-its-conditions-are-met-mp.html

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky clearly outlined the terms of negotiations with Russia, and Ukraine will sit down at the negotiating table when those terms are fulfilled.

Davyd Arakhamia, the head of the Servant of the People faction in parliament and a member of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security, Defense and Intelligence, said this in a post on Telegram, Ukrinform reports.

"Our President Volodymyr Zelensky clearly named the conditions under which it is possible to talk about something with Russia. They include the restoration of territorial integrity, compensation for all the damages inflicted, punishment for all war criminals, effective guarantees that this will not happen again," Arakhamia said.

Arakhamia emphasized that Kyiv's position remains unchanged: "Ukraine will sit down at the negotiating table when our conditions are fulfilled."

More at link.

This position may change if the FTX scandal gains any traction in the legacy media. As bad as it is that the Rats would funnel money to Ukraine for them to use as they saw fit it's worse that instead of buying weapons, medical supplies, and repairing infrastructure they "invested" the money in a crypto exchange that then turned around and gave campaign donations to the Rats.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1081 on: November 13, 2022, 09:22:05 pm »
This position may change if the FTX scandal gains any traction in the legacy media. As bad as it is that the Rats would funnel money to Ukraine for them to use as they saw fit it's worse that instead of buying weapons, medical supplies, and repairing infrastructure they "invested" the money in a crypto exchange that then turned around and gave campaign donations to the Rats.

That's an indictment of the Democrats, not Ukraine.  They took what they were given under the given conditions.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1082 on: November 13, 2022, 10:47:06 pm »

Since when have the Ukrainians been getting wads of cash to use as they see fit?

Offline bilo

« Reply #1083 on: November 14, 2022, 01:20:11 am »
That's an indictment of the Democrats, not Ukraine.  They took what they were given under the given conditions.

True enough and in the end the innocent civilians and brave soldiers suffer because of it.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1084 on: November 14, 2022, 01:24:25 am »
Since when have the Ukrainians been getting wads of cash to use as they see fit?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/ftx-ceo-sam-bankman-fried-admits-ftx-crypto-laudromat-ukrainian-government/

I am aware that the Gateway Pundit has been against any aid to Ukraine from the beginning, but the CEO of FTX has admitted to the scam.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1085 on: November 14, 2022, 09:39:00 am »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/ftx-ceo-sam-bankman-fried-admits-ftx-crypto-laudromat-ukrainian-government/

I am aware that the Gateway Pundit has been against any aid to Ukraine from the beginning, but the CEO of FTX has admitted to the scam.

Uh huh. You mean he’s pitching a lie to save his a!$.  Why assume he’s suddenly become a paragon of virtue?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1086 on: November 14, 2022, 10:50:53 am »
Well that didn’t age well
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #1087 on: November 14, 2022, 12:05:00 pm »
Now that they lost Kherson, the Russians are putting out peace feelers to see if they can keep what's left of their newly "annexed" territories, including Mariupol, Melitopol, and the Zaporhizia nuke plant.

"Russia's spy chief 'to talk to US' as G20 leaders meet to discuss Ukraine war"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/11/14/russias-spy-chief-talk-us-g20-leaders-meet-discuss-ukraine-war/

Russia's foreign intelligence chief has flown to Turkey for high-level talks with the United States, Russian media has reported.

Sergey Naryshkin, the head of Russia's SVR spy agency, flew to Ankara earlier today with a Russian delegation, Kommersant reported.

The report could not immediately be confirmed. The newspaper said the Kremlin had refused to confirm or deny such a meeting was taking place.

The paper did not name members of the American delegation. Mr Naryshkin's usual US counterpart is Bill Burns, the director of the CIA. Joe Biden sent Mr Burns to Moscow in November last year to try to dissuade Vladimir Putin from going ahead with his planned invasion of Ukraine.

If confirmed it would be the first face-to-face high-level diplomatic contact between Washington and Moscow since Sergei Lavrov and Anthony Blinken, the US Secretary of State, met in Geneva in January, a month before the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Excerpt.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 01:48:17 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1088 on: November 14, 2022, 12:31:59 pm »
Putin 'to strip passports of citizens who criticise Russia's war with Ukraine' after Kremlin troops' humiliating retreat from Kherson

By ARTHUR PARASHAR FOR MAILONLINE
13 November 2022

Russian president Vladimir Putin is 'to strip passports of citizens who criticise Russia's war with Ukraine' just days after the humiliating withdrawal of his troops from Kherson.

In March, Russian parliament brought in laws that criminalised protesting the conflict in Ukraine and 'discrediting' Russia's army. Those who disobeyed were told they could face up to 15 years in prison.

And now, Putin is reportedly proposing changes to a bill which will target non-birth citizens who acquired Russian passports during the occupation of the key southern city by Moscow forces.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11423359/Putin-strip-passports-citizens-criticise-Russias-war-Ukraine.html

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1089 on: November 14, 2022, 12:33:32 pm »
Orcs will be orcs:

Advancing Ukraine soldiers uncover new torture chamber as Putin's thugs are accused of fresh war crimes

By CHRIS MATTHEWS FOR MAILONLINE
12 November 2022

Ukrainian soldiers uncovered a torture chamber after they liberated Mykolaiv and Kherson from Russian troops on Friday.

It is the latest evidence to suggest Putin's thugs are responsible for war crimes during Russia's brutal invasion of Ukraine.

A makeshift Russian prison used to torture and interrogate Ukrainian dissidents was filmed on fire in Kherson last night after the area was liberated by President Zelensky's troops.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11420067/Ukraine-soldiers-uncover-new-torture-chamber-Putins-thugs-accused-fresh-war-crimes.html

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #1090 on: November 14, 2022, 01:02:54 pm »
Zelensky visits Kherson after accusing Russia of committing hundreds of war crimes

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/11/14/world/russia-ukraine-war-news/zelensky-visits-recaptured-city-as-ukrainian-forces-work-to-restore-services?smid=url-share

Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenksy made a surprise visit to Kherson Monday to offer support to residents of the newly recaptured city, where investigators have begun to uncover possible proof of wartime atrocities committed during the months-long occupation by Russian forces.

Zelensky said in his nightly address Sunday that officials had uncovered evidence of more than 400 war crimes. Russian forces, Zelensky alleged, left behind a trail of devastation and dead bodies in the wake of their hasty evacuation, similar to what Ukrainian officials found in April in Bucha, a Kyiv suburb, and Borodianka, a city east of the Ukrainian capital.

“The situation in the Kherson region is still very dangerous,” Zelensky said.

Just hours later, Zelensky was in the eponymous regional capital to speak with local officials. He told reporters that it was important to travel to Kherson, noting that Ukrainian servicemen and journalists on the ground were taking similar risks.

“I think it is necessary to be here and talk about Kherson residents, to support people. To make them feel that we are not only talking about it, but we are really returning, really raising our flag,” he said.

Zelensky has a come a very long way since his days as a comedian and pretend president on Ukrainian TV.  Putin certainly underestimated him as a ligthweight when they met at the "Normandy 4" conference in December 2019, just like Khrushchev misjudged Kennedy in Vienna in June 1961.

Flahsback: "JFK Was Completely Unprepared For His Summit with Khrushchev
'He just beat the hell out of me,' Kennedy said."

https://www.history.com/news/kennedy-krushchev-vienna-summit-meeting-1961

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 01:47:20 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1091 on: November 14, 2022, 02:38:15 pm »
Zelensky visits Kherson after accusing Russia of committing hundreds of war crimes

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/11/14/world/russia-ukraine-war-news/zelensky-visits-recaptured-city-as-ukrainian-forces-work-to-restore-services?smid=url-share

Zelensky has a come a very long way since his days as a comedian and pretend president on Ukrainian TV.  Putin certainly underestimated him as a ligthweight when they met at the "Normandy 4" conference in December 2019, just like Khrushchev misjudged Kennedy in Vienna in June 1961.

Flahsback: "JFK Was Completely Unprepared For His Summit with Khrushchev
'He just beat the hell out of me,' Kennedy said."

https://www.history.com/news/kennedy-krushchev-vienna-summit-meeting-1961

Some men rise to the demands history puts on them; others do not.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1092 on: November 14, 2022, 02:46:00 pm »
Every time I get a flash of "Go Ukes"  in their ass kicking of the Ruskies, someone posts a pic of Zellinsky, and it kills the mood.   :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #1093 on: November 14, 2022, 03:11:34 pm »
Every time I get a flash of "Go Ukes"  in their ass kicking of the Ruskies, someone posts a pic of Zellinsky, and it kills the mood.   :thud:

And why is that?  The dude's got balls of steel!  lesser leaders would have fled or surrendered a long time ago.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1094 on: November 14, 2022, 03:24:05 pm »
And why is that?  The dude's got balls of steel!  lesser leaders would have fled or surrendered a long time ago.

Yep, best guy you got that your tax money can buy.....   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1095 on: November 14, 2022, 03:32:10 pm »
Yep, best guy you got that your tax money can buy.....   :cool:

So why didn't he run away in February, when he had the chance?

Offline bilo

« Reply #1096 on: November 14, 2022, 04:10:17 pm »
Uh huh. You mean he’s pitching a lie to save his a!$.  Why assume he’s suddenly become a paragon of virtue?

I'm not assuming anything at this point. If it's true it is a big deal. If not it still illustrates the problem of sending huge sums of money to Ukraine without congressional oversight.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1097 on: November 14, 2022, 04:12:25 pm »
So why didn't he run away in February, when he had the chance?

One of those risk/reward moves I guess.  He threw the dice and it came up "7" thrice.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1098 on: November 14, 2022, 04:14:29 pm »

Good point!

At the lowest point he stood firm and in doing so inspired others to do the same.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1099 on: November 14, 2022, 04:35:33 pm »
I'm not assuming anything at this point. If it's true it is a big deal. If not it still illustrates the problem of sending huge sums of money to Ukraine without congressional oversight.
:silly:

Sorry. You trust Congrees to look after money??

:silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis