Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152831 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #750 on: October 18, 2022, 09:35:25 pm »

Second best army in the world goes to war with equipment their grandfathers used.

Mosin-Nagant Carbine Model 1944G with bayonet in fixed position.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #751 on: October 18, 2022, 10:00:17 pm »
Spend some time getting to know Victoria Nuland.  ---  Then gather the facts on the Orange Revolution, including its instigators and consequences.

2014 is also the year Hunter Biden was placed on the Board of Burisma - the largest natural gas producer in Ukraine.

Yup, 2014 --- probably ground zero for Biden's war with Russia.

The biggest problem with your post hoc argument here is that Hunter Biden joined the board of Burisma 74 days AFTER Russian troops crossed the border.  Also, the Orange Revolution took place in 2004 - not 2014.  This is the pitfall of making it up as you go.  The historical record is clear here, and is widely available to anyone capable of clicking a mouse.  Not sure why you continue to insist on posting lies.

Here is the Senate report if you are interested:  https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HSGAC%20-%20Finance%20Joint%20Report%202020.09.23.pdf

In late 2013 and into 2014, mass protests erupted in Kyiv, Ukraine, demanding
integration into western economies and an end to systemic corruption that had plagued the
country. At least 82 people were killed during the protests, which culminated on Feb. 21 when
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych abdicated by fleeing the country. Less than two months
later, over the span of only 28 days, significant events involving the Bidens unfolded.
On April 16, 2014, Vice President Biden met with his son’s business partner, Devon
Archer, at the White House. Five days later, Vice President Biden visited Ukraine, and he soon
after was described in the press as the “public face of the administration’s handling of Ukraine.”
The day after his visit, on April 22, Archer joined the board of Burisma. Six days later, on April
28, British officials seized $23 million from the London bank accounts of Burisma’s owner,
Mykola Zlochevsky. Fourteen days later, on May 12, Hunter Biden joined the board of Burisma,
and over the course of the next several years, Hunter Biden and Devon Archer were paid
millions of dollars from a corrupt Ukrainian oligarch for their participation on the board.
The 2014 protests in Kyiv came to be known as the Revolution of Dignity — a revolution
against corruption in Ukraine. Following that revolution, Ukrainian political figures were
desperate for U.S. support.  .  .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #752 on: October 18, 2022, 10:02:17 pm »
History isn't going to be kind to your posts here.

It already isn't.  The Russians are "protectors" and "liberators"?  Please.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #753 on: October 18, 2022, 10:04:22 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #754 on: October 18, 2022, 10:31:14 pm »
Biden's entire Ukraine policy centers on wearing Russia down to the point where Putin steps down from power.  And he doesn't care how many Russians or Ukrainians need to die for that to occur.

Our policy instead should be centered on the defeat of the Russian Army as quickly as possible, removing them as a threat to the world.  But Biden doesn't want that.  He wants to drag this war out forever.

@Hoodat

Of course his handlers and he want it to go on forever. There is no money to be skimmed in international peace.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #755 on: October 18, 2022, 10:35:33 pm »
How many times do I have to say a protracted, expansive conflict is what Biden and Ukraine want?

You can say it as many times as you like.  But that won't make it true.  Ukraine never wanted this war.  They simply wanted to be left alone to do what is in their best interest.  They would be overjoyed if Russia got the hell out of their country and ended the war today.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #756 on: October 18, 2022, 10:37:09 pm »
Based on your posting history,  your apparent disappointment with Biden is he hasn't done enough to propel this conflict into WWIII.

@Right_in_Virginia

Better to be a warrior than a surrender monkey.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #757 on: October 18, 2022, 10:38:24 pm »
Second best army in the world goes to war with equipment their grandfathers used.

Mosin-Nagant Carbine Model 1944G with bayonet in fixed position.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #758 on: October 18, 2022, 10:40:33 pm »
You can say it as many times as you like.  But that won't make it true.  Ukraine never wanted this war.  They simply wanted to be left alone to do what is in their best interest.  They would be overjoyed if Russia got the hell out of their country and ended the war today.

Her definition of "protracted" is Ukraine not surrendering to Putin to "end it" quickly. How dare they defend their land and lives...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #759 on: October 18, 2022, 10:42:44 pm »
Her definition of "protracted" is Ukraine not surrendering to Putin to "end it" quickly. How dare they defend their land and lives...

Well that is definitely the pro-Putin position.  But I wouldn't want to accuse anyone of that openly.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #760 on: October 18, 2022, 10:44:39 pm »
Quote from: Hoodat link=topi happy77c=478214.msg2724384#msg2724384 date=1666132964
Well that is definitely the pro-Putin position.  But I wouldn't want to accuse anyone of that openly.

...then don't.   happy77
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #761 on: October 18, 2022, 10:57:16 pm »

@Hoodat

I have the carbine verson of that rifle here at my house. Serial number 200. Found it in a hidden weapons cache in Laos.

I have a funny story to tell that involves that rifle.

When I got medievaced from VN for "Tropical Acne" (Agent Orange infestation) I was totally unprepared for re-entry into the US. One day I am prepping to go on a roadblock mission into Laos,and the next day,literally, I am given orders sending me back to the states for medical treatment.

With literally no time to prepare myself mentally for reinsertion into American life,I find myself wandering around in downtown DC staring at all the tall buildings,the cars,and the women. Which is fine,but I happened to be carrying a fifth of whiskey in one hand,and the Soviet rifle in the other.

I was approached by a DC cop who smiled at me and said "Cool rifle! Can I see it?"

I said "Sure!",and handed it to him.

He pulled the bolt back to make sure there wasn't any ammo in the chamber or the magazine,handed it back to me,smiled,and said "Welcome Home,soldier!",and walked away.

It took me a few days to really understand what had happened and how lucky I had been to not have been tossed into a jail cell.

Once again,proof, that it is MUCH better to be lucky than to be smart.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 11:00:18 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #762 on: October 18, 2022, 10:59:20 pm »
@Hoodat

I have the carbine verson of that rifle here at my house. Serial number 200. Found it in a hidden weapons cache in Laos.

Apparently, they are easy to come by these days in Luhansk.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #763 on: October 18, 2022, 11:02:15 pm »
Apparently, they are easy to come by these days in Luhansk.

@Hoodat

With the whole damn world filled with AK's,I am honestly shocked to see the Russians still issuing WW-1 era bolt-action rifles.

On top of everything else,the damn things kick like a mule due to the caliber and the stock design.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #764 on: October 18, 2022, 11:06:41 pm »

@DB

She  and I are constantly butting heads over Putin's War,but I do NOT think she is a Soviet fan for even an instant.

IMNSHO,she  is just a peacenik who is so terrified of war and dying that she would surrender before she would fight.

Some people are just born that way and there is nothing they can do about it.

The "Better Red than Dead" crowd.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #765 on: October 18, 2022, 11:37:57 pm »
Russian Forces in Ukraine Under Pressure as Kherson Towns to Be Evacuated

Oct. 18, 2022, at 2:57 p.m.

LONDON (Reuters) - The new commander of Russian forces in Ukraine acknowledged on Tuesday that his troops were under broad pressure and faced hard choices, as the Russian-appointed governor of occupied Kherson province announced a partial evacuation.

"The situation in the area of the 'Special Military Operation' can be described as tense," Sergei Surovikin, an air force general named this month to command Russia's invasion forces, told the state-owned Rossiya 24 television news channel.

"The enemy continually attempts to attack the positions of Russian troops," he said. "First of all, this concerns the Kupiansk, Lyman and Mykolaiv-Kryvyi Rih sectors."

Kupiansk and Lyman are in eastern Ukraine, while the area between Mykolaiv and Kryvyi Rih is essentially the northern part of Kherson province in southern Ukraine.

Russian forces in Kherson have been driven back by 20-30 km (13-20 miles) in the last few weeks and are at risk of being pinned against the right or western bank of the Dnipro River.

Shortly after Surovikin's comments were aired, the Russian-appointed governor of Kherson region, Vladimir Saldo, announced an "organised, gradual displacement" of civilians from four towns on the right bank.

In a video statement, Saldo accused Ukrainian forces, without citing evidence, of planning to destroy a major dam at the Nova Kakhovka hydroelectric power station.  .  .

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-10-18/russian-forces-in-ukraine-under-pressure-as-kherson-towns-to-be-evacuated

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #766 on: October 19, 2022, 01:28:52 am »
The historical record shows this to be patently false.  Every single bit of it.  On February 22, 2014, traitor (and Russian puppet) Viktor Yanukovych was driven from power.  Five days later, Russian troops crossed the Ukraine border.  That was over eight years ago.  So enough with the lies and bullshit.  You know this already.

If I think we've done what, exactly?  Biden is blowing it, bigtime.  How many times do I have to say that?  What part do you not get?  Russia's entire army could have been wiped out on the roads between Kyiv and Belarus last March.  Yet Biden blocked every attempt to give Ukraine the firepower to do it.

And in case you haven't looked at a map lately, Kyiv isn't in Donbas.  Neither is Kharkiv, Lviv, Dniepro, Kherson, Zhaporizia, etc.  Yet all of these have been targeted by Russia.  This isn't a border war.  It is an attempt by Russia to take over Ukraine.  Putin's own words - 'They're just drug addicts and nazis'.

Putin is a bully.  And bullies won't stop until they get their asses kicked.  You want to bring up WWIII?  How about looking at the last war.  France in 1939, with the largest standing army and no German troops from Metz to Berlin, could have stopped WWII in its tracks.  But they took your advice instead.
C'mon, man, some folks just want 'peace in our time'. *****rollingeyes*****

I agree. Move fast, strike hard, and do not stop until the invaders are repulsed.

Biden's sandbagging, including slowing the delivery of the Polish jets when they could have been tearing up troop columns, seems to be bent on extending the conflict instead of resolving it.

My bet is that the longer it goes, the better his chances of siphoning off funding that should have gone to benefit Ukraine in the form of weapons, ammunition, or humanitarian aid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #767 on: October 19, 2022, 02:49:29 am »

Why do you continue to conflate "negotiate" with "surrender"  and civil dispute with nuclear war?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #768 on: October 19, 2022, 02:54:24 am »
Why do you continue to conflate "negotiate" with "surrender"  and civil dispute with nuclear war?
What is there to "negotiate"?

Russia go home, back within borders established at the time Ukraine gave up its nukes in exchange for Russia's assurance of protection/nonaggression.

Anything else requires Ukraine to submit to an aggressor nation, which will inevitably be back for more.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #769 on: October 19, 2022, 03:04:15 am »
Ukraine never wanted this war.  They simply wanted to be left alone to do what is in their best interest.

You do remember Kiev has been waging a brutal war on the Donbas for eight years, not passing out ponies and lollipops, do you not?  Is this war the best interest you refer to?

« Reply #770 on: October 19, 2022, 03:19:43 am »

Russia go home, back within borders established at the time Ukraine gave up its nukes in exchange for Russia's assurance of protection/nonaggression.

What of the Donbas' desire for an end to Ukraine's destruction and tyranny?   We used to be the champions of:  When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another .... 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #771 on: October 19, 2022, 03:22:18 am »
What of the Donbas' desire for an end to Ukraine's destruction and tyranny?   We used to be the champions of:  When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another .... 
You telling me all those 'Nazis' wanted to be overrun by Russia?

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #772 on: October 19, 2022, 03:36:37 am »

Anything else requires Ukraine to submit to an aggressor nation, which will inevitably be back for more.

Yep.  It really is that simple.  This war ends the second Russia leaves Ukraine.  Anyone wanting peace knows this already.  Of course anyone wanting peace would also have been condemning the hell out of Russia for the past nine months.  Just pointing out that there is a clear distinction between pro-peace and pro-Russia.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #773 on: October 19, 2022, 03:49:07 am »
What of the Donbas' desire for an end to Ukraine's destruction and tyranny?

Mariupol before and after:

The destruction and tyranny of this Donbas city came exclusively at the hands of Russia.

Here's Lyman.

Before:

After:

Again, mass graves at the hands of the Russians.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #774 on: October 19, 2022, 03:58:34 am »
I tell you what, @Right_in_Virginia .  You claim (without evidence) Ukraine's destruction and tyranny of Donbas.  Here's your chance to prove it.  Can you cite a single act of tyranny or destruction in Donbas or Crimea that occurred BEFORE the Russians invaded in Feb 2014?  Because I am willing to bet that after nine months of accusing Ukraine of the worst atrocities, you can't come up with a single one that predates Russia's incursion.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-