Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152223 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #600 on: October 12, 2022, 01:31:24 am »
Also, China can't produce enough food to feed their population

This is THE biggest drawback to communist rule.  Every communist nation requires a free nation to produce enough surplus food to feed it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #601 on: October 12, 2022, 01:47:41 am »
This is THE biggest drawback to communist rule.  Every communist nation requires a free nation to produce enough surplus food to feed it.

And thanks to the good folks at our Department of State, WE always accommodate!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #602 on: October 12, 2022, 01:54:36 am »
Did they even hit anything of strategical value?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #603 on: October 12, 2022, 01:56:46 am »
Accepting the truth about your own government's actions can be very difficut @sneakypete  ----- and the government's long history in Ukraine is one of the most difficult.

I don't like that you're resorting to name calling as your defense  --- but, I do understand it's all you've got.  I hope your decision keeps your blinders firmly in place; you're going to need them.

@Right_in_Virginia

You are truly delusional.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #604 on: October 12, 2022, 02:56:07 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #605 on: October 12, 2022, 03:03:22 am »
Ukrainians get out of their cars to pay their respects to fallen hero.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #606 on: October 12, 2022, 01:43:31 pm »
More bullshit.  This isn't a boundary dispute. 

Every European dispute is a boundry dispute  ----- always has been and always will be.   Why we're flrting wth a nuclear war over a postage stamp in Eastern Ukraine still needs a credible reason.

Here's a peek at Europe's "boundaries" just over the last 100 years.  (Video)

https://youtu.be/66rycNCY-xM

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 01:51:29 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #607 on: October 12, 2022, 01:47:10 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #608 on: October 12, 2022, 02:21:42 pm »
Prove it @sneakypete   Prove it.

@Right_in_Virginia

Prove to a fool that they are a fool?

ROFLMAO!

Offline Mod2

« Reply #609 on: October 12, 2022, 02:28:42 pm »
Stop the personal attacks. The topic is Ukraine, not each other.

« Reply #610 on: October 12, 2022, 02:44:50 pm »
Stop the personal attacks. The topic is Ukraine, not each other.

Let the record show I've not attacked anyone @Mod2    ----  Especially not our @sneakypete    I simply asked him to explain his personal attack(s) on me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #611 on: October 12, 2022, 02:47:18 pm »
Let the record show I've not attacked anyone @Mod2    ----  Especially not our @sneakypete    I simply asked him to explain his personal attack(s) on me.

@Right_in_Virginia

A rational response is not a personal attack,and it should never be an offense to correct someone who is wrong.

Online DB

« Reply #612 on: October 12, 2022, 03:00:51 pm »
Every European dispute is a boundry dispute  ----- always has been and always will be.   Why we're flrting wth a nuclear war over a postage stamp in Eastern Ukraine still needs a credible reason.

Here's a peek at Europe's "boundaries" just over the last 100 years.  (Video)

https://youtu.be/66rycNCY-xM

LOL... So WWII was a "boundaries dispute"... So a war to take over a country and subjugate its citizens is a "boundaries dispute". I don't think those words mean what you think they mean and is a major obstacle of having a rational discussion...

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #613 on: October 12, 2022, 03:03:53 pm »
LOL... So WWII was a "boundaries dispute"... So a war to take over a country and subjugate its citizens is a "boundaries dispute". I don't think those words mean what you think they mean and is a major obstacle of having a rational discussion...

:thumbsup:

« Reply #614 on: October 12, 2022, 03:07:35 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

A rational response is not a personal attack,and it should never be an offense to correct someone who is wrong.

So then correct me and prove I'm,  as you call me,  "delusional" ---- or knock off the personal attacks @sneakypete

Offline Mod2

« Reply #615 on: October 12, 2022, 04:00:47 pm »
Namecalling - callling another member a fool, stupid, crazy, irrational or anything similar - will be considered a personal attack. Don't do it. Myst already said this thread could be shut down. Don't press it. Learn how to disagree like adults.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #616 on: October 12, 2022, 05:27:59 pm »

Yep.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #617 on: October 12, 2022, 05:39:46 pm »
Literal insanity.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #618 on: October 12, 2022, 05:45:13 pm »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #619 on: October 12, 2022, 10:48:13 pm »
Since the invasion... I've wondered what ever happened to General Leonid Ivashov that openly opposed putin Last heard from on 13 February that I know of. See comments

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #620 on: October 12, 2022, 10:55:05 pm »
So then correct me and prove I'm,  as you call me,  "delusional" ---- or knock off the personal attacks @sneakypete

@Right_in_Virginia

Yeah,but first I will do my next trick,which is turning water into wine.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #621 on: October 12, 2022, 10:56:55 pm »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #622 on: October 13, 2022, 12:21:42 am »
Putin threatens more strikes on Ukraine after missile blitz

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/10/putin-threatens-more-strikes-on-ukraine-after-missile-blitz/

President Vladimir Putin threatened further missile attacks on Ukraine after Russia hit Kyiv and other cities in the most intense barrage of strikes since the first days of its invasion, marking a dangerous new escalation in the war.

“If attempts to commit terrorist acts on our territory continue, the responses from Russia will be harsh and their scale will correspond to the level of threat to Russia,” Putin said in televised comments to a meeting of his Security Council on Monday. “No one should have any doubts.”

He said Monday’s “massive strikes” targeted energy and communications infrastructure in Ukraine, as well as military command installations. Those came a day after Putin accused Ukrainian forces of carrying out an explosion Saturday that damaged a road and rail bridge connecting Crimea across the Kerch Strait to Russia.

Putin’s claims were undermined by evidence on social media of missiles hitting Kyiv’s most popular park, a prominent pedestrian bridge and other civilian infrastructure in the center of the capital. Russia’s Defense Ministry said it hit targets in Ukraine with high-precision weaponry.

The broad burst of firepower prompted an outcry from international leaders, who said the assault was a significant escalation. Group of Seven leaders plan to hold an emergency video conference together with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to address the attack on Tuesday.

“They are trying to destroy us and wipe us off the face of the Earth,” Zelenskyy said on his Telegram channel, urging people to stay in bomb shelters as air-raid alerts sounded in every region of the country except occupied Crimea. “Unfortunately there are dead and wounded.”

Russia launched 83 missile strikes at Ukraine on Monday fired from Astrakhan in southern Russia, 43 of which were intercepted, a spokesman for air defense, Yuriy Ihnat, said. The assault also included Iranian-made Shahed-136 unmanned drones from Belarus and Crimea, the military said.

More at link.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #623 on: October 13, 2022, 12:53:51 am »
The attack was simply a Putin outburst and pique of rage because he is losing a war which he thought was impossible to lose. Putin is "outraged" that the STUPID IDIOTIC Ukrainians would 'dare' to fight back against him. (and win)

His armaments, both conventional and technological, are waning thin and he has no ready resupply and no ability to manufacture new ones. This is a problem because soon he may have only chemical or nuclear weapons left in his stockpiles.

Putin is escalating his "Hitler in the bunker" mentality which causes him to bellow, 'Kill them all! Destroy Everything!' Unfortunately for Putin, this policy frequently has a reciprocal response from those affected and from other people who think they may be the next target.

We can only hope that some brave internal (or external) movement will either take him out or disrupt his ability to launch horrific weapons of mass destruction, which will affect and may eventually involve, the entire Earth.

Offline bilo

« Reply #624 on: October 13, 2022, 01:21:20 am »

And yet the leftists keep trying to impose fascism, or communism on us.

I think Ukraine is the downfall of Russia. Russia won't recover. The Russian population is already in decline and with this war they have killed off a lot of their young men as well as with the mobilization 100's of thousands more have fled the country. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home