Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152351 times)

Online Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #375 on: October 05, 2022, 04:08:21 pm »
I think you're on to his strategy. If Putin places nukes in supply depots the Ukrainians will not be able to destroy the depots and Putin can resupply the Orcs.

Unless the Russians detonate the nukes, that is unlikely to be an effective strategy.  If a nuclear warhead were placed in a supply depot, shelling would probably damage the outside casing, but is unlikely to actually result in the release of a significant quantity of radioactive material; such is the design of most nuclear weapons (e.g., they're designed to survive being accidentally dropped out of an airplane flying at its service ceiling).

Online Kamaji

« Reply #376 on: October 05, 2022, 04:17:06 pm »
Putin promotes loyal crony Ramzan Kadyrov to Colonel-General amid fears brutal Chechen leader is poised for new role as Ukraine war commander

By WILL STEWART FOR MAILONLINE
5 October 2022

Vladimir Putin has promoted his feared crony Ramzan Kadyrov to Colonel-General amid rumours of a senior new war role for the brutal Chechen leader.

The Kremlin loyalist boasted in video that he had been 'personally congratulated' by the Russian despot, amid fears the warlord could be poised for even greater responsibility in Ukraine.

Kadyrov, who has been one of the biggest cheerleaders of Putin's invasion, has claimed he is the West's top bogeyman, with more sanctions than even North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11283767/Putin-promotes-Ramzan-Kadyrov-Colonel-General-amid-fears-Chechen-leader-poised-new-role.html

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #377 on: October 05, 2022, 05:41:13 pm »
I think you're on to his strategy. If Putin places nukes in supply depots the Ukrainians will not be able to destroy the depots and Putin can resupply the Orcs.
You cannot detonate a nuclear device simply by shooting it, or blowing it up. A nuclear explosion is a controlled sequence. It's not like fireworks.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #378 on: October 05, 2022, 06:00:46 pm »
Putin promotes loyal crony Ramzan Kadyrov to Colonel-General amid fears brutal Chechen leader is poised for new role as Ukraine war commander

Excellent.  The last guy to lose to the Russians is now in charge of Russian troops.  What could go wrong?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #379 on: October 05, 2022, 06:19:36 pm »
You cannot detonate a nuclear device simply by shooting it, or blowing it up. A nuclear explosion is a controlled sequence. It's not like fireworks.

True, but what if the plan is to irradiate an area of land, like Chernobyl?  One does not need to initiate fission to do that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Kamaji

« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2022, 06:33:42 pm »
True, but what if the plan is to irradiate an area of land, like Chernobyl?  One does not need to initiate fission to do that.

True enough, but one does need to spread radioactive material in some fashion, and the core of most nukes won't be really effective for that.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2022, 06:39:14 pm »
True enough, but one does need to spread radioactive material in some fashion, and the core of most nukes won't be really effective for that.

I see your point.  I wonder exactly what the bombs being shipped are...and how much material would be necessary to convert these munitions into simple dirty bombs?  I seem to recall a time when we were freaking out about a guy who bought too many smoke detectors.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2022, 06:46:06 pm »
You need radioactive gas or liquid to contaminate a large area. Again, Uranium/Plutonium is not flammable and it does not 'explode' like common munitions. But yes, if you hit a nuclear warhead with a mortar, for example, or some other HE round, you could possibly contaminate the immediate area with radioactivity, say something like a 30ft radius.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2022, 06:49:26 pm »
You need radioactive gas or liquid to contaminate a large area. Again, Uranium/Plutonium is not flammable and it does not 'explode' like common munitions. But yes, if you hit a nuclear warhead with a mortar, for example, or some other HE round, you could possibly contaminate the immediate area with radioactivity, say something like a 30ft radius.

30 feet or so is probably a reasonable estimate.  To create a real problem, the fissile material in the warhead - in most cases, plutonium - would essentially have to be aerosolized and then dispersed widely.  Even a direct hit from most artillery shells would more likely than not be insufficient to aerosolize a warhead, or to widely disperse the resulting materials.

Offline bilo

« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2022, 08:17:43 pm »
Unless the Russians detonate the nukes, that is unlikely to be an effective strategy.  If a nuclear warhead were placed in a supply depot, shelling would probably damage the outside casing, but is unlikely to actually result in the release of a significant quantity of radioactive material; such is the design of most nuclear weapons (e.g., they're designed to survive being accidentally dropped out of an airplane flying at its service ceiling).

The public outcry about not doing anything to risk an explosion would be so great the Ukrainians would probably not want to take the chance of losing support from the countries that are supplying them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online rustynail

« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2022, 08:19:56 pm »

Offline bilo

« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2022, 08:21:15 pm »

The climate hysteria crowd, the China Virus hysteria crowd, the vaccine mandate hysteria crowd don't listen to reason. Why would the nukes hysteria crowd listen to reason?

Offline bilo

« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2022, 08:25:26 pm »
Poland In Talks With US About Hosting Nuclear Weapons

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/poland-talks-us-about-hosting-nuclear-weapons

I think it's pretty obvious that Poland has no intention of ever being under the Russian boot again.

Who knows maybe Putin will realize for every escalation on his part there is going to be an equal response.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #388 on: October 06, 2022, 02:44:04 am »
No need for doping - What a talentpool!

Have seen videos and articles of Ukrainian soldiers complaining they cannot catch the Russians because they are running so fast. We want to engage and shoot them. But they are running so fast we cannot catch them!

200 years ago, and still true now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL7XS_8qgXM

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #389 on: October 06, 2022, 03:32:17 am »
@MightyOaksFDN founder @ChadRobo has been on the ground helping Ukraine, but he tells me he saw NO evidence of the billions of dollars in aide the US sent over: "There is no congressional oversight ... This money is going into a black hole."

https://twitter.com/glennbeck/status/1577407366655488001
I have serious doubts that much of the money 'set aside', earmarked, or allocated to Ukrainian support has ever made it to Ukraine. Instead, I suspect the rake along the way has greatly diminished that which hasn't been sidelined to this or that NGO for 'humanitarian' or other purposes. Like weapons, money promised and money delivered are two different things.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #390 on: October 06, 2022, 03:34:15 am »
I think it's pretty obvious that Poland has no intention of ever being under the Russian boot again.

Who knows maybe Putin will realize for every escalation on his part there is going to be an equal response.
Neither the Nazis nor the Soviets were kind to Poland or the Polish. They have their freedom, and will keep it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

« Reply #391 on: October 06, 2022, 12:54:22 pm »
Neither the Nazis nor the Soviets were kind to Poland or the Polish. They have their freedom, and will keep it.

I think when all this is over and Russia has collapsed that the Eastern European and Scandanavian countries will seek to create their own trade and defense bloc. Western Europe has had a free ride at others expense for a long time. It's one of the reasons we should get out of NATO after the war is over, if it is a favorable outcome.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #392 on: October 06, 2022, 12:58:03 pm »
Ukraine pushes Russia back by 12 miles as videos reveal blistering attacks in north and south that have left Putin's men fleeing for their lives

By CHRIS PLEASANCE FOR MAILONLINE
6 October 2022

Ukraine has pushed Russia back by 12 miles in the south as dramatic footage reveals the blistering pace of attacks that have sent Putin's men fleeing for their lives.

Videos taken in Kherson in recent days show Ukrainian forces storming Russian defences in American-made Humvees under artillery fire, and soldiers advancing en masse across fields in the face of the retreating enemy.

Ukraine's offensive in Kherson - which has been grinding on for more than two months - entered a 'new phase' on October 2 with Kyiv's men advancing 12 miles down the Inhulets and Dnipro rivers, Britain's MoD said today.

Meanwhile more footage shows Ukrainian soldiers fighting near the city of Lyman, in the north of the country, which fell to Kyiv's men at the weekend - exposing other Russian positions in the Donbas to further attacks.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11286525/Videos-reveal-blistering-Ukraine-counter-attack-pushed-Russia-12-miles.html

Online Kamaji

« Reply #393 on: October 06, 2022, 01:00:29 pm »
Footage shows Russian conscripts revolt on the border, saying they're 'treated as cattle', given 'zero training' and kept in 'brutal, appalling conditions' as they're sent to Ukraine

6 October 2022

Russian conscripts are in revolt after being treated like 'cattle' and given 'no training' as they head to the war in Ukraine.

A video shows the men publicly complaining about their treatment in 'brutal, absolutely appalling conditions' after they were mobilised by Vladimir Putin.

The shocking footage is just the latest evidence of the total chaos over the Russian call-up of reservists that has left even Kremlin cheerleaders in despair.

The desperate recruits risk punishment by venting their fury over their plight after arriving by train in Belgorod region which borders Ukraine.

One of the soldiers, acting as a spokesman for the miserable men, says to camera: 'There are about 500 of us, all armed. Yet we are not registered to any military unit.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11286327/Russian-conscripts-revolt-border-saying-theyre-treated-cattle-given-zero-training.html

Online Kamaji

« Reply #394 on: October 06, 2022, 01:02:01 pm »
Astonishing moment Russian troops flying a white flag from their tank turret surrender to Ukraine

By CHRIS PLEASANCE FOR MAILONLINE
6 October 2022

This is the astonishing moment a squad of Russian soldiers flying a white flag from the turret of their tank surrendered in Ukraine.

Footage filmed in Kherson, in the south of Ukraine, shows a Russian BMP-2 driving out from behind a set of trees and stopping in front of Ukrainian troops before three crew get out with their hands raised.

The Ukrainians then move in, strip the soldiers of their weapons and take them as POWs in what appears to be a pre-arranged operation.

Footage emerged after Ukraine's military intelligence said more than 2,000 Russian soldiers had called a hotline asking how to give themselves up rather than risk being killed on the battlefield.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11286219/Russian-troops-filmed-surrendering-Ukraine-Kherson.html

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #395 on: October 06, 2022, 01:41:54 pm »
Videos taken in Kherson in recent days show Ukrainian forces storming Russian defences in American-made Humvees under artillery fire, and soldiers advancing en masse across fields in the face of the retreating enemy.

I watched one of those Humvee videos.  It was bad ass!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #396 on: October 06, 2022, 01:45:13 pm »
Footage shows Russian conscripts revolt on the border, saying they're 'treated as cattle', given 'zero training' and kept in 'brutal, appalling conditions' as they're sent to Ukraine

I saw one of these videos where a large group of conscripts had been left in a rail yard.  No commanding officer.  No supplies.  Maybe 15% of them had been issued rifles.  And all of them had to find their own food.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #397 on: October 06, 2022, 02:17:33 pm »

6 October 2022

Russian conscripts are in revolt after being treated like 'cattle' and given 'no training' as they head to the war in Ukraine.

A video shows the men publicly complaining about their treatment in 'brutal, absolutely appalling conditions' after they were mobilised by Vladimir Putin.

The shocking footage is just the latest evidence of the total chaos over the Russian call-up of reservists that has left even Kremlin cheerleaders in despair.

The desperate recruits risk punishment by venting their fury over their plight after arriving by train in Belgorod region which borders Ukraine.

One of the soldiers, acting as a spokesman for the miserable men, says to camera: 'There are about 500 of us, all armed. Yet we are not registered to any military unit.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11286327/Russian-conscripts-revolt-border-saying-theyre-treated-cattle-given-zero-training.html

@Kamaji

Hard to win a war when none of the soldiers want to fight,not even the field grade officers.

All that leaves you for a fighting force are the Geezer Generals who have no interest in anything other than sending privates off to die for the glory of the Generals.

If I were a Russian soldier,I wouldn't be willing to fight,either. NO soldier wants to die to  order to provide glory for the lunatic in charge of Russia now.

The only thing that will change this is if the Ukrainian's are insane enough to step foot into "Holy Mother Russia".

Truth to tell,it would not surprise me a bit if the Soviets still in power in the Kremlin created a "false flag invasion of Russia" by "false flag" Ukrainian army units using Spetnaz soldiers in Ukranian uniorms,with Russian news camera crews who just "happened to be there when the invasion started",filming the atrocities.

Putin is ever bit as insane as Hitler was,and like Hitler,there is NOTHING he won't do to win and stay in power.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 02:35:08 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #398 on: October 06, 2022, 03:24:21 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #399 on: October 06, 2022, 04:19:46 pm »
Hard to win a war when none of the soldiers want to fight, not even the field grade officers.

The life expectancy of a Russian field officer in the Ukraine is now measured in hours.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-