Author Topic: Never Trumpers’ Despicable Attack on Herschel Walker  (Read 172 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Never Trumpers’ Despicable Attack on Herschel Walker
« on: August 18, 2022, 06:00:55 pm »
 Never Trumpers’ Despicable Attack on Herschel Walker
They’re backing far-left Sen. Raphael Warnock instead.
by Deroy Murdock
August 16, 2022, 11:12 PM

The Right is laboring to win the U.S. Senate from Chuck Schumer of New York, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, and other far-left, tax-happy, spend-crazy Democrats. So, a “GOP” group called the Republican Accountability Project (RAP) decided that this would be a really good time to work hard to help reelect Georgia’s Raphael Warnock, a far-left, tax-happy, spend-crazy Democrat. (He has an American Conservative Union rating of 8 percent.) RAP’s methods could not be much uglier. They are weaponizing the mental-health history and advocacy of Warnock’s conservative Republican opponent, U.S. Senate nominee Herschel Walker.

Walker explains his history in the Wall Street Journal on Aug. 12, saying:

My former wife, Cindy, and I gave a TV interview in 2008 to share … the pain of my mental-health struggles and their effect on our marriage. It was uncomfortable to bare our souls like that. Mental illness carried more of a stigma back then.

Walker continues:

She helped me through the hardest time of my life. Because our story ultimately was one of healing, forgiveness and redemption, I knew that if we came forward, we could convince others that there is no shame in asking for help. I hoped we would help people who were struggling and maybe even save a few lives.

RAP took excerpts from the couple’s 2008 interview and cobbled together one of the nastiest attack ads in recent memory.

“Do you think you know Herschel Walker?” a female announcer asks in a 30-second commercial over video of Walker playing football. “Well, think again. Listen to what his ex-wife had to say about him.”

Next, Cindy DeAngelis Grossman, in a tight close-up, recalls: “His eyes would become very evil. The guns and knives. I got into a few choking things with him.”

After a jump cut, Grossman adds, “The first time he held the gun to my head, he held the gun to my temple and said he was going to blow my brains out.”

This ad deserves a penalty flag the size of a beach towel.

If Walker had engaged in such lunatic behavior, shown no remorse, spurned psychological treatment, steered others away from restorative mental-health services, and maintained the enmity of his ex-wife, this commercial would be fair.

more
https://spectator.org/never-trumpers-herschel-walker-raphael-warnock/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34