Author Topic: Army families describe finding mold, roach infestations, and dead rodents in on-post homes  (Read 201 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army families describe finding mold, roach infestations, and dead rodents in on-post homes
One family said they were asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement to get things resolved.

BY HALEY BRITZKY | PUBLISHED AUG 17, 2022 1:53 PM

An Army family at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, says they have been displaced from their home for more than 50 days after finding mold in their home, and dead animals and insects in their vents.

An Air Force captain with top secret security clearance vanished. He resurfaced 35 years later
The housing at Fort Belvoir is run by The Michaels Organization, which took over the portfolio from Clark Realty Capital last year. The Michaels Organization’s website calls The Villages at Belvoir a “welcoming enclave defined by character and convenience,” full of “charming homes” and run by a “management team dedicated to improving your quality of life.”

That’s far from the experience that Breanna Bragg and her husband, Army Staff Sgt. Denzale Bragg, have had.

The Bragg family, which also includes two children ages seven and one, have been living in a temporary home since June after a leak began pouring water from their second-floor bathroom through the ceiling into their dining room. During the time they’ve been out of their house, Breanna said the family has found mold, dead animals in the vents, and an insect infestation because of the dead animals.

They don’t have any of their things at the new home, Breanna said; they’ve been worried about contamination and ensuring that their things are safe. But she said that when the issue was discussed with a representative of The Villages at Belvoir, she was told if they wanted their household goods replaced, they’d have to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-fort-belvoir-housing-michaels-organization/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 11:05:10 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Yet, illegal immigrants are being housed in posh hotels.  Tell me about the "equity" liberals are always squealing about! 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson