Author Topic: Down but not out: How Liz Cheney plans to be a thorn in Trump's side after defeat  (Read 869 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Down but not out: How Liz Cheney plans to be a thorn in Trump's side after defeat
by Juliegrace Brufke, Congressional Reporter
 | August 17, 2022 07:00 AM
 | Updated Aug 17, 2022, 08:09 AM

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) previewed her path forward after her primary loss for Wyoming’s at-large House seat, vowing to remain a leading voice in the fight against election disinformation and push to stop former President Donald Trump from being elected again in the wake of her defeat on Tuesday evening.

"I said since Jan. 6 that I will do whatever it takes to ensure Donald Trump is never again anywhere near the Oval Office, and I mean this is a fight for all of us together. I'm a conservative Republican — I believe deeply in the principles and the ideals on which my party was founded. I love its history. And I love what our party has stood for. But I love my country more," she said in her concession speech.

"So I ask you tonight to join me as we leave here, let us resolve that we will stand together, Republicans, Democrats, and independents, against those who would destroy our republic. They are angry, and they are determined, but they have not seen anything like the power of Americans united in defense of our Constitution and committed to the cause of freedom."

Allies of Cheney — who saw a rapid rise in the House before her criticisms of Trump led to her ouster from leadership and fellow GOP colleagues backing her Trump-endorsed primary opponent — have speculated that she will launch a 2024 presidential bid, potentially teeing up a challenge against the man who made her his top target, or take a TV contract to keep her voice at the forefront of the conversation surrounding the direction the party heads next.

Cheney's first step following her primary defeat Tuesday was to reorganize her $7 million war chest to form a new political action committee called "the Great Task."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/down-but-not-out-cheney-poised-to-be-a-thorn-in-the-side-of-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

In other words, it's not about the rule of law, it's about a personal vendetta Lizzie has against Mr. Trump.  It's about her hate.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Liz Cheney
@Liz_Cheney

Here’s a sound bite for you: Bring it.

11:17 AM · Sep 9, 2021  Twitter for iPhone

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Want to talk humilating?

Liz the Bitch spent $7M on this campaign, which means she spent $141.94 per vote!!!!!! :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'm sure he's real scared.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Want to talk humilating?

Liz the Bitch spent $7M on this campaign, which means she spent $141.94 per vote!!!!!! :silly:

...and she gets to pocket any unspent money.  This election was nothing more than an elaborate GoFundMe to stuff full her retirement account.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

...and she gets to pocket any unspent money.  This election was nothing more than an elaborate GoFundMe to stuff full her retirement account.

I don't believe she can keep unspent campaign contributions, or make personal use of them.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't believe she can keep unspent campaign contributions, or make personal use of them.

I'm not sure either, but others have done it, Beta O'Rourke comes to mind.

That should be the law, though because it's graft.

ETA:  It appears they can't directly pocket it, but they can use the unspent money handing out unlimited bonuses to campaign employees.  They can also create a PAC and dump all the money in that, and then get hired by the PAC for as much salary as he desires.

It looks like Beta got the money by immediately forming an Elect O'Rourke to Governor exploratory committee.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/042716/what-happens-campaign-funds-after-elections.asp
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:46:51 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
She’s going to run for president. She’s the next Lincoln.  *****rollingeyes*****
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline andy58-in-nh

Legally, she cannot do that. All contributions and expenditures must be reported and accounted for on IRS form 8872.

With leftover funds, former politicians can legally only use the money from campaign committees toward political or charitable purposes. They can:
  • Pay for winding-down costs
  • Donate the funds to a recognized charity
  • Donate to other politicians' campaign committees
  • Donate to party activity at the federal, state, or local level
  • Do nothing
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She’s going to run for president. She’s the next Lincoln.  *****rollingeyes*****

She would have to do it third party, because she would get Kamel Harris numbers in the GOP Primaries.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Legally, she cannot do that. All contributions and expenditures must be reported and accounted for on IRS form 8872.

With leftover funds, former politicians can legally only use the money from campaign committees toward political or charitable purposes. They can:
  • Pay for winding-down costs
  • Donate the funds to a recognized charity
  • Donate to other politicians' campaign committees
  • Donate to party activity at the federal, state, or local level
  • Do nothing

From the article I linked, they can create a PAC dedicated to campaigns and/or a political agenda.  Essentially a slush fund.
I will NOT comply.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Cheney family is dirty and reaping the benefits from being part of the crony swamp in DC.

She needs to get rid of Trump so they don't get exposed.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

The Cheney family is dirty and reaping the benefits from being part of the crony swamp in DC.

She needs to get rid of Trump so they don't get exposed.

That's it exactly; Clintons, Bushs, Cheneys, Romneys, Obamas etc., would all be exposed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

She would have to do it third party, because she would get Kamel Harris numbers in the GOP Primaries.

There is a possibility that she could run as an independent and draw away votes for whoever the GOP candidate is in 2024 which would benefit Joe Biden or whoever the Democrats get to run
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Want to talk humilating?

Inflation  happy77
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

The only place I would think she could even possibly get traction early on is New Hampshire and it's open primary.

Iowa will stop her cold, and I don't see either South Carolina or Nevada giving her any mojo either.

She won't even get enough to be a spoiler or stalking horse.

She's arrogant enough to try third party or independent too.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

There is a possibility that she could run as an independent and draw away votes for whoever the GOP candidate is in 2024 which would benefit Joe Biden or whoever the Democrats get to run

I would reckon that the other way... Disenfranchised Democrats (of which there will be many), not willing to flip all the way over might find her 'fairness' attractive. The RINOs have already proven they can't sell a Jeb. I don't think a Lizard would garner even Jeb's numbers.

Online roamer_1

Inflation  happy77

Yeah... Between her ears.  :laugh:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'm not sure either, but others have done it, Beta O'Rourke comes to mind.

That should be the law, though because it's graft.

ETA:  It appears they can't directly pocket it, but they can use the unspent money handing out unlimited bonuses to campaign employees.  They can also create a PAC and dump all the money in that, and then get hired by the PAC for as much salary as he desires.

It looks like Beta got the money by immediately forming an Elect O'Rourke to Governor exploratory committee.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/042716/what-happens-campaign-funds-after-elections.asp
And if one of those employees is a spouse... boom. Goes right into his joint account.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And if one of those employees is a spouse... boom. Goes right into his joint account.

Lizard just formed her own PAC.
I will NOT comply.