Author Topic: ‘In God We Trust' Signs Going Up in Carroll ISD Schools  (Read 782 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
‘In God We Trust' Signs Going Up in Carroll ISD Schools
« on: August 16, 2022, 11:59:54 pm »
5NBCDFW By Julie Fine 8/16/2022

Texas state law orders that donated "In God We Trust" signs must be displayed in schools in a conspicuous place

Signs saying "In God We Trust" will now hang in Carroll ISD schools after being donated by a locally-owned wireless provider.

Patriot Mobile, which labels itself a Christian conservative wireless provider, donated the signs to the Carroll Independent School District and they will now be hung in CISD schools.

According to a state law passed in 2021, schools are required to display signs or posters bearing the national motto in a conspicuous place provided that the signs were donated to the school or bought with private donations.

More: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/in-god-we-trust-signs-going-up-in-carroll-isd-schools/3049723/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: ‘In God We Trust' Signs Going Up in Carroll ISD Schools
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 12:13:39 am »
 blij26 blij26 blij26 :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :flag: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: pillowfight33333 pillowfight33333 pillowfight33333
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 12:22:28 am »
Awesome!!!!! :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 01:11:20 am »
 :flag:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 01:44:20 am »
Carroll ISD  Southlake is a weird place these days.  I hope the conservatives can reclaim the place from the recent Californifacation.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 03:30:31 am »
Ceremonial deism.  But it's better than nothing.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 01:00:11 pm »
It's the national motto, after all, which makes the signs a type of history lesson. It can tie into a discussion of the Cold War and the 1950s (as it was adopted in 1956).

It's not like they say, "Yay, Trump" or "Visualize whirled peas."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 02:20:27 pm »
If it is good enough for the Dollar Bill then it is good enough for every thing.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.