Author Topic: This could be the key to draining the swamp  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
This could be the key to draining the swamp
« on: August 16, 2022, 10:04:56 pm »
Verdict with Ted Cruz Published August 15, 2022

If it is true that all executive power is vested in the President, then Congress cannot take away the President’s ability to fire an executive branch employee.

https://rumble.com/v1g3lp1-this-could-be-the-key-to-draining-the-swamp.html

Offline EdinVA

Re: This could be the key to draining the swamp
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 10:09:03 pm »
 :0001:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 10:13:36 pm »
Verdict with Ted Cruz Published August 15, 2022

If it is true that all executive power is vested in the President, then Congress cannot take away the President’s ability to fire an executive branch employee.

https://rumble.com/v1g3lp1-this-could-be-the-key-to-draining-the-swamp.html

Senator Cruz makes an EXCELLENT point! I'm embarrassed that I didn't make it myself!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 11:28:28 pm »
The ONLY key to draining the swamp is a Conservative Congress, jealous of its powers, willing to restore federalism and cause whole departments to actually depart.

That is the whole enchilada. Every moment we are not working toward that end is nothing but wasting time. And money. And hope.

Throw the bastards out.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 01:57:47 am »
The ONLY key to draining the swamp is a Conservative Congress, jealous of its powers, willing to restore federalism and cause whole departments to actually depart.

That is the whole enchilada. Every moment we are not working toward that end is nothing but wasting time. And money. And hope.

Throw the bastards out.

Great in theory, but how do you get 60 votes in the Senate.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 02:02:13 am »
Senator Cruz makes an EXCELLENT point! I'm embarrassed that I didn't make it myself!

The SCOTUS has already started making decisions that are limiting the authority of the admn. state. It might not be that great a stretch for the SCOTUS to rule that the POTUS is incharge of the executive branch without limitation over hiring and firing employees. If they take up a case on this just imagine the uproar. It will be worse than the Dobbs case. Govt. employees are a key base for the Rats.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 02:06:03 am »
Great in theory, but how do you get 60 votes in the Senate.

The same way as always: The hard way.

And it does not have to take 60. The Democrats rarely have 60.

What it takes is a long and sustained - generations long - demand for real opposition to liberalism and demand for Conservatism - REAL Conservatism - And the rest will fix itself.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 02:36:32 am »

President Andrew Johnson made that case in 1868.  The Supreme Court backed him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 02:40:40 am »

The key to draining the swamp is to have a President committed to draining the swamp.  It is self-evident that Donald Trump was never that President.  And he still isn't.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2022, 03:36:05 am »

Not the only key, but the one most likely to be implemented.   A thoroughly originalist SCOTUS could decide that Wicker v. Filburn was wrongly decided and that the Commerce Clause does not grant the Federal government the power to meddle in more or less everything on the plea that it "influences interstate commerce", thereby rendering the enabling statutes of a lot of Federal departments and programs, along with vast swathes of administrative law, unconstitutional
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 04:59:26 am »
The key to draining the swamp is to have a President committed to draining the swamp.  It is self-evident that Donald Trump was never that President.  And he still isn't.

Not the only key, but the one most likely to be implemented.   A thoroughly originalist SCOTUS could decide that Wicker v. Filburn was wrongly decided and that the Commerce Clause does not grant the Federal government the power to meddle in more or less everything on the plea that it "influences interstate commerce", thereby rendering the enabling statutes of a lot of Federal departments and programs, along with vast swathes of administrative law, unconstitutional

I will disagree with both of you - Though not fundamentally...

The president and his administration are always, as recently demonstrated, relatively temporary. A president still has to function within whatever environment he is within. And that greater environment is definitely liberal. He will come and go, and that culture will have changed very little.

With any luck, while the SCOTUS is certainly long in its term. its pronouncements are individually one-and-done. That can be very effective, but not as effective as Congress, where both the law and the purse reside... And secondarily, SCOTUS tends to be ancillary and insulated from the greater culture... It is its own thing.

The Congress is what that culture revolves around, like jackals around a carcass, attracted to all that money and power - There is no lobby for the president or the SCOTUS. There is for the Congress. and there is a reason for that.

In the end, not only does the Congress wield more power and control the money, because of that, it sets the tone of the culture. But it will take a real and sustained conversion to Conservatism to begin to impact the culture there, and therefore the swamp. A decade or more with real Conservative opposition if not control. As those Conservatives infiltrate that culture and populate it, inevitably it will become more Conservative - And operational Washington along with it.

Cutting off whole departments is grand - but in the end it is an attrition game.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 05:13:41 am by roamer_1 »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 07:50:06 am »
I've been told the only way to win is get rid of all Republicans, then by some miracle, magically all democrats will disappear, or a reasonable  facsimile thereof, and all government will revert back to Conservative.  It appears the Biden miracle government some how failed us, as did its prophets.
 :media: :amen: :media: :reaper:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 07:55:53 am »
I've been told the only way to win is get rid of all Republicans, then by some miracle, magically all democrats will disappear, or a reasonable  facsimile thereof, and all government will revert back to Conservative.  It appears the Biden miracle government some how failed us, as did its prophets.
 :media: :amen: :media: :reaper:

No one ever said any such thing.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 11:40:39 am »
Govt. employees are a key base for the Rats.

Not a key base, but THE key base.  Everything the Democrats do policy-wise is designed to increase the public sector and decrease the private sector. Public employees and patronage are the source of all power.

For this reason, you will never see a problem highlighted by the left-controlled media in which the solution is not more and bigger government.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 01:22:06 pm »

The key to draining the swamp is insisting on strict adherence to the constitution as written. Nothing else will do!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 01:25:09 pm »
Not a key base, but THE key base.  Everything the Democrats do policy-wise is designed to increase the public sector and decrease the private sector. Public employees and patronage are the source of all power.

For this reason, you will never see a problem highlighted by the left-controlled media in which the solution is not more and bigger government.

:yowsa: Very true! And much of what they do is because progressive era courts MADE law instead of doing their damned jobs!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2022, 04:59:04 pm »

I agree with you, but the "lets kill babies" crowd is pretty big as well.

Offline verga

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2022, 06:00:23 pm »
 :bkmk:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2022, 03:24:26 am »
I will disagree with both of you - Though not fundamentally...
.  .  .
Cutting off whole departments is grand - but in the end it is an attrition game.

I hear what you are saying, @roamer_1 .  I just don't have any hope of that happening,  especially with Amendment XVII in place.  The Executive Branch has control over every dollar that Congress appropriates.  If Congress is not willing to live within its means, then that job defaults to the President.  A true swamp drainer will relish that opportunity.  I know I would.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2022, 03:36:37 am »
I hear what you are saying, @roamer_1 .  I just don't have any hope of that happening,  especially with Amendment XVII in place.  The Executive Branch has control over every dollar that Congress appropriates.  If Congress is not willing to live within its means, then that job defaults to the President.  A true swamp drainer will relish that opportunity.  I know I would.

@Hoodat

The reason it is not happening in Congress is because Republicans are not standing  and fighting for Conservatism - Which was their promise these last fifty years. There is *no* opposition. There is *no* concerted effort. That is the primary problem.

At best a Conservative president is nothing but a stop-gap measure unless the free-wheeling congress is brought to heel. 4 to 8 years later, back to the monkey business - As is amply being demonstrated right now. Everything decent that Tumpy did has been turned on its head... Most of it in the first 6 months.

Thus my eternal song: Throw the bastards out and put folks in there that will actually do what they promised. And hold them to it. No RINO should get in, and any that do must be limited to one term.
The only way that happens is with an electorate that is paying attention and pissed off AT THEM, not at democrats. THAT's the head fake that everybody is falling for... and that keeps happening over and over.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2022, 12:40:51 pm »
Republican and democrat parties are made up of coalitions. And there are too few self proclaimed conservatives—those with the votes to back it up anyway—to make a difference. Getting back on a constitutional path will take just about as many generations as it took to get us here to this dystopian America.

I wish I didn’t believe that were true.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2022, 01:56:51 pm »
Republican and democrat parties are made up of coalitions. And there are too few self proclaimed conservatives—those with the votes to back it up anyway—to make a difference. Getting back on a constitutional path will take just about as many generations as it took to get us here to this dystopian America.

I wish I didn’t believe that were true.

I don't believe that it's true. Conservatism wins every time it's tried.
The way the moderates retain control is by dividing the Conservative base... And when the Conservative base comes together, the juggernaut is always unstoppable.

Conservatism as it touches politics, in the hard definition of the Goldwater/Reagan Right wing is in itself a coalition. That is the purpose of Reaganism - If you are a Constitutional conservative, it is no skin off your nose to vote *FOR* a constitutional conservative who is also a sturdy Christian, an honored warrior, and libertarian minded federalist and fiscal conservative.

Unite that base and it will win. The TEA Party dang near did it. And that is exactly what has to happen again. and again.

Because Conservatives will fight for what they believe in.
Fight for moderate globalists? Not so much, if at all.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2022, 02:02:15 pm »
@Hoodat

The reason it is not happening in Congress is because Republicans are not standing  and fighting for Conservatism

And they never will as it is now.  And the electiorate is the frog in the pot with the water temperature rising half a degree every year.  No, it is going to take drastic action.  And only after the budget is balanced will people begin to notice how hot the water was and how much better it is now. 

Only at that point will Republicans be able to see that they had been arming their enemies all along.  But then if you've read Atlas ShruggedI, you know that day will never come.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2022, 02:12:23 pm »
I don't believe that it's true. Conservatism wins every time it's tried.
The way the moderates retain control is by dividing the Conservative base... And when the Conservative base comes together, the juggernaut is always unstoppable.

Conservatism as it touches politics, in the hard definition of the Goldwater/Reagan Right wing is in itself a coalition. That is the purpose of Reaganism - If you are a Constitutional conservative, it is no skin off your nose to vote *FOR* a constitutional conservative who is also a sturdy Christian, an honored warrior, and libertarian minded federalist and fiscal conservative.

Unite that base and it will win. The TEA Party dang near did it. And that is exactly what has to happen again. and again.

Because Conservatives will fight for what they believe in.
Fight for moderate globalists? Not so much, if at all.

Hear here!! Well said @roamer_1 The only place you and I disagree is how we vote in general elections.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2022, 02:17:23 pm »

And they never will as it is now.  And the electiorate is the frog in the pot with the water temperature rising half a degree every year.  No, it is going to take drastic action.  And only after the budget is balanced will people begin to notice how hot the water was and how much better it is now. 

Only at that point will Republicans be able to see that they had been arming their enemies all along.  But then if you've read Atlas ShruggedI, you know that day will never come.

Then there is nothing left but doom. And I do see that point of view... But if you are going to fight, half measures and stop-gaps are not going to do. The ONLY thing that can save this nation is Conservatism on all fronts.

Again, it is nearly unknown what will happen with real Conservatism at the helm with a driven agenda to not just oppose, but destroy liberalism. We got a whiff of it with Reagan. A nice breath with the 94 Congress, and a desperately needed gulp with the TEA Party.

Imagine if all those decades, that sort of opposition were the norm. Because that is what they keep promising with every election. MAKE them stand and deliver or throw them out and get someone who will.

This ain't tiddly-winks.