Author Topic: Jamie Dimon warns ‘something worse’ than a recession could be coming  (Read 502 times)

Online corbe

Jamie Dimon warns ‘something worse’ than a recession could be coming

Sophie Mellor - 5h ago

JP Morgan chief executive Jamie Dimon sees only a 10% chance of an economic slowdown that doesn’t lead to a recession, while ominously warning there are 20-30% odds of "something worse".

The banking boss said on a client call that while the U.S. economy is still strong and consumer balance sheets and businesses are in “good shape,” there are storm clouds ahead, Yahoo! Finance reported.

Hiked fed rates, quantitative tightening, oil shocks, the war in Ukraine, and rising U.S. tensions with China has pushed Dimon to think that a mild recession has a 20% to 30% chance, while a harder recession has the same odds.

But the remaining outcome?

"Maybe something worse," he said.

Dimon stresses it is a mistake to point to any single-point forecast as to what will happen with the U.S. economy, but he has a lot to be pessimistic about.

Confidence is low, Dimon argues, “because of inflation, because of partisan politics, and a lot of leftover anger from COVID-19."

He predicts inflation will not decrease the way the Fed wants it to, calling the goal to bring it down from the 8% to 4% by the end of the year "highly unlikely."

Dimon adds: “I wish we had the spirit that we were all here to work together but it seems we just got nastier somehow.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/jamie-dimon-warns-something-worse-than-a-recession-could-be-coming/ar-AA10ILDZ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c5a9809bcffb4420a784906bcdb9fbae
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Stagflation.

Online corbe

It'll be far worse that carter in the late 70's, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Things are getting pretty Biblical with natural disasters and pestilence.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
The 10,000 pound elephant in the room is that during all of our other financial crisis' we had a manufacturing base that helped us dig out of the hole.

In 1970 1 in 4 jobs were in the manufacturing sector.  Right now it is about 1 in 13.

McJobs aren't going to rescue us from the Biden disaster.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.