Author Topic: Eat crickets and stop droughts  (Read 806 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eat crickets and stop droughts
« on: August 16, 2022, 02:20:33 pm »
Eat crickets and stop droughts

Cheddar Cheese Puffs made with cricket flour are already here (in Canada anyway).
The company that sells the Cricket Puffs is called ActuallyFoods, possibly because BugFoods, or Pests-for-dinner might not be a winner.

Cricket flour, Actually Food, Cheddar Cheese Puffs.

Worth noting: “People who are allergic to Shellfish may be allergic to Crickets”.

They are professional marketeers. Putting cricket flour into the junk food category first is a way to sneak it in and quietly normalize it. People buying junk foods at the supermarket probably aren’t reading the ingredients list too closely, and people eating puffs at parties definitely aren’t.

Remember eating crickets will change jet streams
Or at least make you feel saintly:

https://joannenova.com.au/2022/08/eat-crickets-and-stop-droughts/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=eat-crickets-and-stop-droughts
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Eat crickets and stop droughts
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 02:24:41 pm »
Is Actually Foods a division of the Soylent Corporation?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 02:46:15 pm »
Use crickets to catch fish.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 02:53:25 pm »
I would eat them. I’m willing to try anything if it’s prepared by the right chef

Years ago, there was a local trapper who cooked up some beaver meat and I tried it and I thought it was  pretty good. Seasoned nice and cook just right

I also really like sushi and sashimi. So cricket puffs might be delicious
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 07:46:14 pm »
Well there was this one Cricket back in the day...

It's Funny they did a bit on Gutfeld the other night about the left pushing eating insects instead of meat, they figured this recent push by them along with increasing the price and availability of meat is just the next step in trying to guilt people to go vegan.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 07:49:31 pm by GtHawk »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 08:01:01 pm »
Well there was this one Cricket back in the day...

It's Funny they did a bit on Gutfeld the other night about the left pushing eating insects instead of meat, they figured this recent push by them along with increasing the price and availability of meat is just the next step in trying to guilt people to go vegan.

:thumbsup:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 08:18:05 pm »
Face it, your flour has a lot of bug parts in the mix.. Bible says you can eat locus, John the Baptist did. I would try it, I image dried it would taste like pig skins (just guessing). Not sure I am up for eating them raw.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 08:43:07 pm »
I would eat them. I’m willing to try anything if it’s prepared by the right chef

I have no problem eating bugs. Though I prefer them dead and fried.  :laugh:

Years ago, there was a local trapper who cooked up some beaver meat and I tried it and I thought it was  pretty good. Seasoned nice and cook just right

That is a surprise! Good on ya! Beaver tail (especially) is a delicacy... Though I can't eat it anymore (not kosher).

I also really like sushi and sashimi. So cricket puffs might be delicious

Not a fan - But mostly because of a bad experience. Like bugs, till they're cooked, they're bait.  :laugh:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 08:47:40 pm »
Seems we get a dose of daily stupid shit from the left wing trying to mess up everyone's lives/
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online berdie

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 09:20:01 pm »
Well, maybe if they were breaded, deep fried and dipped in cheese sauce.

But just think how many crickets there would have to be to feed the world. And how loud the "crop" would be.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 03:15:45 am »
Well, maybe if they were breaded, deep fried and dipped in cheese sauce.

But just think how many crickets there would have to be to feed the world. And how loud the "crop" would be.
We had a cricket explosion a couple of years ago, it looked like the sidewalks were moving at night. I so detest their chirping, it's unfortunately one of those things I hear all to clearly despite my hearing loss that I would be hard pressed to eat them...knowingly.