Author Topic: This plane left the SR-71 Blackbird in the du  (Read 336 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This plane left the SR-71 Blackbird in the du
« on: August 16, 2022, 01:45:46 pm »
This plane left the SR-71 Blackbird in the dust
 Harold C. Hutchison

Posted On August 13, 2022 04:58:35

The SR-71 Blackbird was the fastest military jet that has ever taken to the skies. But there was a plane that not only went twice as fast, but it also went much higher.

That speedy plane was the North American X-15.

The X-15 was one of the first true spaceplanes, with a number of flights going beyond Earth’s atmosphere, according to a 2005 NASA release. It was capable of going over 4,500 mph, or nearly Mach 6, and it went as high as 354,200 feet – or just over 67 miles – above the Earth.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/popular/this-plane-left-the-sr-71-blackbird-in-the-dust/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: This plane left the SR-71 Blackbird in the du
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 05:55:42 pm »
The X-15 was launched from a B-52, its engines burned for 2 minutes or less, and the rest of its 10 or 20 minute flight, including landing, it was gliding.

The SR-71 took off under its own power, could be refueled multiple times, and was performing powered flight for however many hours its mission required.

Not even an apples-pineapples comparison.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 05:58:54 pm »
The X-15 was launched from a B-52, its engines burned for 2 minutes or less, and the rest of its 10 or 20 minute flight, including landing, it was gliding.

The SR-71 took off under its own power, could be refueled multiple times, and was performing powered flight for however many hours its mission required.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 06:42:52 pm »

Good points.