Author Topic: Dodge announces ‘Last Call’ for V8-powered Challenger and Charger muscle cars  (Read 847 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By Gary Gastelu | Fox News 8/15/2022

Dodge is discontinuing its internal combustion engine models

Dodge’s V8-powered muscle cars are nearing the end of the assembly line.

The automaker has announced that production of the current Challenger and Charger will end in December 2023 before they are replaced by a new electric vehicle platform.

The Charger sedan has been in production at the automaker’s Brampton, Canada, factory since 2005, where the Challenger coupe joined it in 2008. Over three billion horsepower-worth of cars have been built since.

The first electric Dodge muscle car is scheduled to be released for the 2024 model year.

More: https://www.foxnews.com/auto/dodge-last-call-v8-challenger-charger-muscle-cars

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

An electric muscle car, huh.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

zero-emissions vehicle:

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dodge discontinuing gas-powered muscle cars
“We are celebrating the end of an era — and the start of a bright new electrified future — by staying true to our brand.”

by Joseph Guzman

Dodge is ending production of the Charger and Challenger.

The Charger and Challenger models — iconic muscle cars in the 1960s and 1970s — were revived by Dodge in the early 2000s.

The move by Dodge comes as major automakers are moving away from traditional gas-powered cars to electric vehicles to curb harmful carbon dioxide emissions.

American automobile company Dodge is discontinuing production of its widely popular gas-powered muscle cars.

Dodge, Stellantis’s American performance car brand, on Monday announced both the Charger and Challenger models in their current forms will end with the 2023 model year, as the company follows suit with the rest of the automobile industry and makes large investments to produce electric vehicles.

The Charger and Challenger models — iconic muscle cars in the 1960s and 1970s — were revived by Dodge in the early 2000s. Production of the muscle cars will end at the Brampton Assembly Plant in Ontario, Canada, in December of 2023.

“We are celebrating the end of an era — and the start of a bright new electrified future — by staying true to our brand,” Tim Kuniskis, Dodge brand chief executive officer of Stellantis, said in a statement. 

more
https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/infrastructure/3603742-dodge-discontinuing-gas-powered-muscle-cars/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tim Kuniskis = dumb @$$
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Hope another automaker adds lines or another auto company starts up, to meet the demand. And believe me, there are more gear heads out there than these dumbasses realizes..

Dodge is doing economic stupid people tricks like a trained seal being whipped by its green envirowhacko ring master.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Tim Kuniskis = dumb @$$

The last time a CEO did something this stupid it was called The New Coke.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

The market isn’t where they want it to be.  If somebody desires an electric car (and that is a minority) they probably won’t look for a Big Three product.  Jaguar is making the same mistake.   Discontinuing sedans and gas-powered vehicles altogether is premature.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Stupid "woke" idiocy...sales appear to have stabilized at a pretty decent figure, so it doesn't appear to be a "sales" problem. They're averaging 89,000 + sold per year.

Dodge Charger – US – By Year
Year   sold
2005    44,804
2006    114,201
2007    119,289
2008    97,367
2009    60,651
2010    75,397
2011    70,089
2012    89,916
2013    98,336
2014    94,099
2015    94,725
2016    97,110
2017    88,351
2018    80,226
2019    96,936
2020    77,426
2021    78,388
2022    38,750
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Throw in the Challenger over the same years and you'll get an average of about 50K per year.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Here is a stat that I thought was interesting....

In the 1st half of the year there were 4.1M vehicles sold in the U.S.  Only 360K were EV's (<10%)

The smart American consumer and shopper is not buying the envirowhacko bullshit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Let's see GM has made noise about completely stopping ICE's, Dodge is going to stop producing muscle cars, I guess that will leave only Ford to supply police interceptors :shrug:

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Let's see GM has made noise about completely stopping ICE's, Dodge is going to stop producing muscle cars, I guess that will leave only Ford to supply police interceptors :shrug:

General Motors wants to end sales of gas and diesel engine vehicles by 2035 as part of a broader pledge to become carbon neutral by 2040. GM set the date as its target but hedged on a full commitment