Author Topic: What to watch: Cheney in trouble while Palin eyes comeback  (Read 3112 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: What to watch: Cheney in trouble while Palin eyes comeback
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2022, 02:28:41 am »
@Bigun

Woo!  :beer: :patriot:

Nothing would make me happier today... Except likewise happening to Murkowski... Which is not so easy a call... Nor will the spread be so defined.

And I will have to hear about that one tomorrow.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2022, 02:40:38 am »
And I will have to hear about that one tomorrow.

Late tomorrow.  The Ranked Voting will take a long time to fill out the November ballot.

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2022, 12:10:31 pm »
 :bkmk:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2022, 12:14:54 pm »
What a gal. Gets shellacked by her "home" state - her supposed neighbors - and uses the concession speech to set the stage for her triumphal presidential run, even comparing herself to A. Lincoln. Rumor has it she had a film crew with her to capture all her "road to the White House" moments yesterday.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2022, 12:16:20 pm »
Late tomorrow.  The Ranked Voting will take a long time to fill out the November ballot.

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Anyone have a 2 or 3 sentence version of what the Alaska election system means?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2022, 12:23:07 pm »

I don't trust the leftists, nor the RINO's.

@libertybele

Same critter,slightly different costume.

Anybody know what happened to the empicons,the ability to highlight in bold,etc,etc,etc?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2022, 12:23:35 pm »

From Myst's Palin thread....

The race isn’t just a test case for Palin but also for Alaska’s new ranked-choice voting system, which allows four candidates to advance from a primary election.

The special election and its primary were the first elections under the new system, in which voters rank candidates in their order of preference rather than simply choose one candidate. The last-place candidates are eliminated, with their voters’ subsequent choices then going to their next choice's tally. The process goes on for as many rounds as it takes until one candidate reaches a 50%-plus-one-vote threshold and is declared the winner.
===========================

Which means up to 4 rounds of elections to elect a candidate.

What a mess.......
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:24:46 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2022, 12:26:18 pm »
Sounds like it's already over
@LMAO

No election is over until the DNC has made a last minute count and decision on how many votes they need to "find".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2022, 12:39:19 pm »
The Lincoln Project of pedophiles grieves Liz's demise:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2022, 01:13:33 pm »

Pretty much a Louisianna type system IIUC. @catfish1957

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2022, 01:23:58 pm »
What a gal. Gets shellacked by her "home" state - her supposed neighbors - and uses the concession speech to set the stage for her triumphal presidential run, even comparing herself to A. Lincoln. Rumor has it she had a film crew with her to capture all her "road to the White House" moments yesterday.

The same film crew that has been doing the Jan 6th hearings..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2022, 01:24:45 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2022, 01:28:07 pm »
Liz Cheney Could Play Spoiler Against GOP in 2024 Presidential Race

Outgoing Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) hinted at a possible presidential run in her concession speech Tuesday evening in Jackson, Wyoming. Critics laughed, but while Cheney might have no hope of winning, she could play the part of spoiler.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/17/liz-cheney-could-play-spoiler-against-gop-in-2024-presidential-race/
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2022, 01:30:26 pm »
Liz Cheney Could Play Spoiler Against GOP in 2024 Presidential Race

Outgoing Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) hinted at a possible presidential run in her concession speech Tuesday evening in Jackson, Wyoming. Critics laughed, but while Cheney might have no hope of winning, she could play the part of spoiler.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/17/liz-cheney-could-play-spoiler-against-gop-in-2024-presidential-race/

Woman who couldn't draw a 1/3 of the vote in the primary of a GOP state thinks she can move the needle in any form or fashion in a POTUS election?

Spoiler?  Maybe like spoiled rotten meat drawing flies.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2022, 01:35:17 pm »
Well at least we know now who will be the preferred 2024 candidate of the D.C. GOP, the Never-Trump Battalion, and the Lincoln Project Free-Candy-Windowless-White-Panel-Van Division.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline verga

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2022, 01:36:08 pm »
Woman who couldn't draw a 1/3 of the vote in the primary of a GOP state thinks she can move the needle in any form or fashion in a POTUS election?

Spoiler?  Maybe like spoiled rotten meat drawing flies.
She sees herself as the next Ross Perot.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2022, 01:36:36 pm »
Well at least we know now who will be the preferred 2024 candidate of the D.C. GOP, the Never-Trump Battalion, and the Lincoln Project Free-Candy-Windowless-White-Panel-Van Division.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2022, 01:37:14 pm »
Report: Former ABC President, J6 Show Trial Adviser at Liz Cheney’s Concession Speech

Former ABC News President James Goldston, an adviser to the January 6 Select Committee, was present for Liz Cheney’s concession, CNN reports.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/16/liz-cheney-j6-adviser-concession-speech/
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2022, 01:51:24 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2022, 01:53:57 pm »
Liz Cheney’s Concession Speech May Have Violated Campaign Finance Rules

Joel B. Pollak 16 Aug 2022

Soon-to-be former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) may have violated Federal Election Commission (FEC) rules at her concession speech due to an in-kind donation she apparently received from a former TV executive who advises the January 6 Committee.

CNN’s Jeff Zeleny reported earlier Tuesday evening that Cheney’s anticipated losing speech would be set against a dramatic backdrop and filmed by James Goldston, the former ABC News president who is also advising the January 6 Committee.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/16/liz-cheneys-concession-speech-may-violate-campaign-finance-rules-fec/
Support the USO

Online Kamaji

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2022, 01:59:23 pm »
Liz Cheney’s Concession Speech May Have Violated Campaign Finance Rules

Joel B. Pollak 16 Aug 2022

Soon-to-be former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) may have violated Federal Election Commission (FEC) rules at her concession speech due to an in-kind donation she apparently received from a former TV executive who advises the January 6 Committee.

CNN’s Jeff Zeleny reported earlier Tuesday evening that Cheney’s anticipated losing speech would be set against a dramatic backdrop and filmed by James Goldston, the former ABC News president who is also advising the January 6 Committee.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/16/liz-cheneys-concession-speech-may-violate-campaign-finance-rules-fec/

Now Lizzie can put her money where her mouth is and prove that she really believes that nobody is above the law, by voluntarily pleading guilty to this violation.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2022, 02:45:13 pm »
She sees herself as the next Ross Perot.

Lizzy is one giant sucking sound like Ross told us to look for.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO