Author Topic: What to watch: Cheney in trouble while Palin eyes comeback  (Read 3111 times)

Online libertybele

What to watch: Cheney in trouble while Palin eyes comeback
« on: August 16, 2022, 12:19:24 pm »
Will we have a celebration?  Will Liz an Murkowski lose their seats?  Maybe, just maybe this would truly indicate some very slight glimmer of hope.

What to watch: Cheney in trouble while Palin eyes comeback

Elections in Wyoming and Alaska on Tuesday could relaunch the political career of a former Republican star and effectively end the career of another — at least for now.

Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney is the vice chair of a U.S. House committee seeking to expose the truth behind former President Donald Trump's relentless efforts to stay in power after losing the 2020 election, and his role in fomenting the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Cheney's determination to prevent Trump from ever again serving in the White House has left her fighting to hold on to the House seat she has held for three terms. Trump has made Cheney's ouster a top priority, endorsing a challenger and traveling to Wyoming to try to seal the deal.

In Alaska, Sarah Palin jumped on a vacancy in the state's congressional delegation as a potential springboard back into elected office. A victory in Tuesday's special election to fill the remaining months of the late U.S. Rep. Don Young's term could send her to Washington as soon as next month...............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/watch-cheney-trouble-while-palin-041334401.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bye, Bye Liz
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 01:14:15 pm »
 buh bye

Today, hopefully is the end of Liz's political career... :crossed:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Bye, Bye Liz
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 01:34:48 pm »
YES: Liz Cheney Down HUGE To Polls Against Trump-Backed Harriet Hageman, Wyoming Primary Is TODAY

by Hailey Sanibel August 16, 2022

The fateful day of August 16th has finally arrived. This is the day that Wyoming lets loose its primary voters to decide the fate of disgraced turncoat Liz Cheney. She hates this country and the freedom-loving patriots in it so much she makes King George III look sympathetic to liberty.

Multiple polls have been showing a consistently widening gap in favor of the Trump-endorsed Hageman leading up to today. Writing over at Crowd Wisdom, a composite of several of these indicators reveal an astounding and glorious defeat is in the making:

Wyoming Primary Polls 2022: Liz Cheney Polls 28 points behind Hageman. Liz Cheney 30%, Harriet Hageman 58%.

Google Search: Liz Cheney 60%, Harriet Hageman 40%.

Social Media: Liz Cheney’s net social media sentiment is (-46.9%), and Harriet Hageman is at (-9.7%)

Crowdwisdom360 Prediction: Hageman to win by 30-35 points.

In summary, Cheney is dead on arrival come closing time. She us down huge in double digits across every poll and has been that way for months.

more
https://thebluestateconservative.com/2022/08/16/yes-liz-cheney-down-huge-to-polls-against-trump-backed-harriet-hageman-wyoming-primary-is-today/

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 01:36:04 pm »
I hope Hageman beats her by at least 90:10, not that it would dissuade the lizard from running for president in 2024. People love her!
 :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 01:41:14 pm »
What if she 'wins'?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 01:41:25 pm »
ABC News
@ABC
THE NOTE: Tuesday's primaries in Wyoming and Alaska are a test of the effectiveness of former President Donald Trump's political vendetta against those who have broken with him.
Trump looms as Liz Cheney and Lisa Murkowski face tough primaries
8:31 AM · Aug 16, 2022

The🐰FOO
@PolitiBunny
Stop doing this.
Wyoming's primary is about Wyoming.
Alaska's primary is about Alaska.
These citizens are more important than whatever ridiculous war you have going on with Trump.
9:32 AM · Aug 16, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 01:57:49 pm »
What if she 'wins'?

Then I guess *we* lose  :smokin:
Support the USO

Online Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 02:04:23 pm »
What if she 'wins'?

Then the rest of us lose, plain and simple.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 02:37:29 pm »
I don’t see Liz Cheney surviving her primary

Lisa Murkowski might
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 02:39:10 pm »

11 hrs. 23 min. till WY polls close.

I bet this sucka is called within minutes, and our celebration begins.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 02:42:01 pm »
What if she 'wins'?

2 final polls had her down 23% and 27%.

She isn't winning, unless the election machines are commandeered and falsified..
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2022, 02:45:08 pm »
August 16, 2022 10:06am EDT
Liz Cheney calls on Democratic voters to switch parties, give her boost in GOP primary
Cheney faces Trump-backed Harriet Hageman and others in Tuesday's primary

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Wyoming voters will go to the polls Tuesday to vote in the state's primary elections, and Republican congresswoman Rep. Liz Cheney is looking to an unusual source for support in her GOP race: Democrats.

While only members of a given party are allowed to vote in that party's primary in Wyoming, the state does allow for same-day voter registration. This means that people can switch parties the same day they vote, so those who had been Democrats can become Republicans just to vote for Cheney in the primary, where her main challenger is Harriet Hageman.

"When Liz Cheney’s only hope is to appeal to Democrats to raid a Republican primary, you know she has gone all the way over to Nancy Pelosi’s side," Hageman's campaign manager Carly Miller told Wyoming Public Media. "Wyoming is fed up with Cheney, and it’s too late for any election shenanigans to save her."

Cheney, who has served in the House since 2017, drew the ire of many fellow Republicans with her opposition to former President Donald Trump, including her prominent role as one of two Republicans on the House January 6 Committee. Trump himself has endorsed Hageman in an effort to unseat Cheney.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/liz-cheney-calls-democratic-voters-switch-parties-give-her-boost-gop-primary

Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2022, 02:46:53 pm »

Lisa Murkowski might

I'm hoping for a twofer!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2022, 02:46:58 pm »
11 hrs. 23 min. till WY polls close.

I bet this sucka is called within minutes, and our celebration begins.

Yeah I doubt this will be a primary that we will have to wait a few days to find out the results
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2022, 02:52:11 pm »
2 final polls had her down 23% and 27%.

She isn't winning, unless the election machines are commandeered and falsified..

That's a pretty dangerous "unless" in these fraud-fraught times.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2022, 02:54:16 pm »
I'm hoping for a twofer!

You and I both!!!  It will truly be time for a celebration.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2022, 02:55:42 pm »
August 16, 2022 10:06am EDT
Liz Cheney calls on Democratic voters to switch parties, give her boost in GOP primary
Cheney faces Trump-backed Harriet Hageman and others in Tuesday's primary

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Wyoming voters will go to the polls Tuesday to vote in the state's primary elections, and Republican congresswoman Rep. Liz Cheney is looking to an unusual source for support in her GOP race: Democrats.

While only members of a given party are allowed to vote in that party's primary in Wyoming, the state does allow for same-day voter registration. This means that people can switch parties the same day they vote, so those who had been Democrats can become Republicans just to vote for Cheney in the primary, where her main challenger is Harriet Hageman.

"When Liz Cheney’s only hope is to appeal to Democrats to raid a Republican primary, you know she has gone all the way over to Nancy Pelosi’s side," Hageman's campaign manager Carly Miller told Wyoming Public Media. "Wyoming is fed up with Cheney, and it’s too late for any election shenanigans to save her."

Cheney, who has served in the House since 2017, drew the ire of many fellow Republicans with her opposition to former President Donald Trump, including her prominent role as one of two Republicans on the House January 6 Committee. Trump himself has endorsed Hageman in an effort to unseat Cheney.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/liz-cheney-calls-democratic-voters-switch-parties-give-her-boost-gop-primary

If she manages to win this is how it will happen..
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2022, 02:57:02 pm »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2022, 05:07:19 pm »
If she manages to win this is how it will happen..
Even if Cheney got every single democrat vote she would still need a significant number of republicans to also vote for her to win. Even if the democrats and every other registered party voted for her it would only amount to about 84-85K while registered republicans are over 200K. So yeah there would have to be a lot of cheating for her to win.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: What to watch: Cheney in trouble while Palin eyes comeback
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2022, 05:21:51 pm »
Has CNN called the race for Cheney yet?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2022, 05:24:05 pm »

The decision desk is still in conference!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2022, 05:33:44 pm »

Lisa Murkowski might

I agree 💯%.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2022, 05:35:18 pm »
Yeah I doubt this will be a primary that we will have to wait a few days to find out the results

Results will probably be called within 5 minutes of the closing of the polls.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 05:37:07 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2022, 05:36:27 pm »

No, but FNC has.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2022, 05:44:14 pm »

:rolling:

Barry Goldwater