Author Topic: Family of slain soldier Vanessa Guillen files $35M lawsuit  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Family of slain soldier Vanessa Guillen files $35M lawsuit
« on: August 16, 2022, 11:38:24 am »
Family of slain soldier Vanessa Guillen files $35M lawsuit
By Acacia Coronado, The Associated Press
 Aug 15, 01:49 PM

AUSTIN, Texas — The family of a Texas soldier who was was sexually harassed and killed at a military base near Killeen in 2020 filed a lawsuit Friday seeking $35 million in damages from the U.S. government.

The family of 20-year-old Vanessa Guillen is seeking damages on the basis of sexual harassment, abuse, assault, rape, sodomy and wrongful death.

Possible motive in Vanessa Guillen murder revealed in new court records
The release of the Texas DPS document comes as Aguilar is attempting to have her confession thrown out as inadmissible.

An investigation by military officials into the death of Guillen, who was killed by a fellow soldier at U.S. Army base Fort Hood, found that she was also sexually harassed and that leaders failed to take appropriate action. The lawsuit describes two instances in which Guillen was harassed during her time as a soldier and Guillen’s suicidal thoughts as a result of coping with the harassment, which she told family that she did not report for fear of retaliation.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/08/15/family-of-slain-soldier-vanessa-guillen-files-35m-lawsuit/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson