Author Topic: The Army is making its first uniform bra. Vets say it’s long overdue.  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army is making its first uniform bra. Vets say it’s long overdue.

The Army Tactical Brassiere will be presented to the Army Uniform Board for approval in the fall

By Janay Kingsberry
August 11, 2022 at 1:22 p.m. EDT
 e
When Sarah Hoyt arrived at Fort Jackson, S.C., for basic training in 2002, the Army confiscated all of her personal belongings. That included sports bras she had packed for the 10 weeks of strenuous physical activity that stretched ahead of her, she said.

If she wanted new ones, she had to visit a reception station, which sold just one brand and one style, said Hoyt, now 41 and an Army veteran living at Camp Humphreys in South Korea.

“If racerbacks were uncomfortable for you, too bad. If you needed more support, too bad. If the store was out of your size, too bad,” she said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/08/11/army-uniform-tactical-bra/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Army is making its first uniform bra. Vets say it’s long overdue.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 11:24:30 am »
I thought women were supposed to be the same as men in our woke military.  This proves they aren't. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson