Author Topic: CBS Gets Flayed For Pushing Study Linking Climate Change To Childhood Obesity  (Read 433 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY PAUL SACCA ON AUG 15, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

CBS Gets Flayed For Pushing Study Linking Climate Change To Childhood Obesity

A recent segment from CBS Mornings promoting a study that linked childhood obesity to climate change was widely hammered and the TV network was accused of spreading “propaganda.”

CBS Mornings cited a study published in the journal Temperature. The study said that children are now 30% less aerobic fitness than their parents at the same age. [bold, links added]

The study’s author argued that warming temperatures are making children less active – thus making them more obese.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/cbs-gets-flayed-for-pushing-study-linking-climate-change-to-childhood-obesity/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 04:59:00 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It sounds like something Jethro Bodine would say!   :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline berdie

I guess it couldn't have anything to do with lack of exercise? Kids can't go outside anymore any more like most of us did because the bad guys might nab them. Annnd....there is an intense love for electronics. Why go outside and use your imagination to create a pass time, when it can just be fed to you on a gaming station, computer or tv?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The study’s author argued that warming temperatures are making children less active – thus making them more obese.

Horse*!@#! kids are fatter because of video games, and phones, too many sit on their asses and chow while playing games and talking on their phones and game consoles. This has been trending for a long time, before covid lockdowns. Fewer kids are involved in sports playing games outside or riding their bikes around., now the kids that do get out on bike are on E-bikes, even skateboards are few and far between. America has been breeding marshmallows for decades and it has squat to do with warmer weather.

Kids used to go out and play in heat all the time, when I was a kid the only time we stopped playing in summer was to take a break in the shade or if our moms made us go in. It used to be too boring to stay inside, now kids don't need physical interaction to play a game because everything is done on the phone or internet. I'm thankful my daughter and SIL have kept my grandson active in  sports to counter balance the time spent playing games on the phone.

Online Kamaji

Horse*!@#! kids are fatter because of video games, and phones, too many sit on their asses and chow while playing games and talking on their phones and game consoles. This has been trending for a long time, before covid lockdowns. Fewer kids are involved in sports playing games outside or riding their bikes around., now the kids that do get out on bike are on E-bikes, even skateboards are few and far between. America has been breeding marshmallows for decades and it has squat to do with warmer weather.

Kids used to go out and play in heat all the time, when I was a kid the only time we stopped playing in summer was to take a break in the shade or if our moms made us go in. It used to be too boring to stay inside, now kids don't need physical interaction to play a game because everything is done on the phone or internet. I'm thankful my daughter and SIL have kept my grandson active in  sports to counter balance the time spent playing games on the phone.

:thumbsup: