Author Topic: Dark Plasma Eruption From Sun Headed Towards Earth  (Read 299 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dark Plasma Eruption From Sun Headed Towards Earth
« on: August 15, 2022, 04:49:28 pm »
 Dark Plasma Eruption From Sun Headed Towards Earth

Ed Browne - 5h ago

A cloud of "dark plasma" erupted from the sun on Sunday and is predicted to make contact with Earth on Wednesday, giving rise to the possibility of a minor geomagnetic storm.

The eruption of material is known as a coronal mass ejection (CME)—a cloud of charged solar gas and magnetic fields. It was launched toward Earth on August 14 from a region of the sun known as AR3076.

Solar activity news site spaceweather.com stated on Monday morning that the "plume of dark plasma" was traveling at over 1.3 million miles per hour. At that speed, it's expected to take a few days to travel the distance from the sun to the Earth.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/dark-plasma-eruption-from-sun-headed-towards-earth/ar-AA10FXuc
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 04:51:34 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson