Author Topic: Blissfully unaware in Vermont or knowingly radical?  (Read 145 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Blissfully unaware in Vermont or knowingly radical?
« on: August 15, 2022, 02:08:17 pm »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/14/blissfully-unaware-in-vermont-or-knowingly-radical/

Blissfully unaware in Vermont or knowingly radical?
By Robert Knight - - Sunday, August 14, 2022

NOTE: when reading articles at The Washington Times, DISABLE JAVASCRIPT in your browser. This can be done with a click of the mouse using free add-ons/extensions.

Excerpts:
Surveying the Green Mountain State in the height of summer, it’s easy to see why visitors flock to Vermont. The mountains are incredibly beautiful in every direction. And it’s cooler than a lot of other places right now.

The sixth smallest state (and second to Wyoming as least populated) is squeaky clean, with small, colorfully decorated businesses dotting the byways. Very little here is cookie cutter, which makes you wonder why its residents keep electing leftists who would put everything under government control and squeeze the life out of it. There are lots of nice people here who would get squashed.

We made a stop at the Ben & Jerry’s ice cream factory, which is studded with primary colors and cows.

Now owned by megacorporation Unilever, Ben & Jerry’s has managed to keep its radical board and politics intact as part of the merger. This is reflected in the brief film during the tour and on souvenir rainbow T-shirts. I did not see any mention of how the company recently got caught dissing Israel, but did not expect to.

Our guide was a pretty young woman whose tag informed us that her pronouns were “he/they.” She explained the process and gave out samples. She was coolly efficient and a little edgy. Families, including a long-haired teen boy (I think) whose shorts had rainbow flags down each side, slurped down the samples.
Now, things are different. On a country road I saw a sign saying, “Reproductive rights are human rights.” Let that sink in. In November, Vermonters will vote on Proposal 5, which would amend the state Constitution to guarantee the “right to personal reproductive autonomy.” It’s a response to the Supreme Court’s Dobbs ruling overturning Roe.

What might sound reasonable is quite evil. It would legalize late-term abortions up to the moment of birth, remove conscience protection for health care workers who oppose abortion and eliminate parental rights regarding children’s sexual and gender choices, making kids fair game for perverts. The Catholic diocese is leading the resistance.

All around the country, there is a sense that if we don’t push back now, our country will be lost. Parents have been waking up to the indoctrination of their children into critical race theory, LGBTQ activism and the left’s “hate America” mindset. It caused a political earthquake in Virginia in 2021 and is helping to push Hispanics in South Texas into the GOP.

Driving around Vermont, which seems so blissfully calm right now, I wondered whether that revolution would ever reach here.

As I said, there are lots of American flags flying, which gives me hope.

More at URL above...

Poster's note:
The leftists of Vermont (of which there are many) are indeed "knowingly radical" (in the author's words).

But having said that, I'll repeat something I've posted in the forum numerous times, and earlier over at TOS:
When the rest of the country has gone to hell -- as in REALLY gone there -- life will still remain very livable in Vermont (and perhaps also in New Hampshire to the east). It will probably be the last state in the lower 48 about which that can be said.