Author Topic: US to deploy another 260 troops to Europe in response to war in Ukraine  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US to deploy another 260 troops to Europe in response to war in Ukraine
By CAITLIN DOORNBOS
STARS AND STRIPES • August 12, 2022
 r
WASHINGTON – The United States will deploy an additional 260 soldiers to Europe in support of its allies on the Continent as Russia’s war in Ukraine enters its seventh month, the Army said Friday.

The soldiers will come from the 101st Airborne Division’s Sustainment Brigade headquarters at Fort Campbell, Ky., according to an Army statement.

The soldiers will help “support the United States’ unrelenting commitment to our European and NATO allies” during the fall deployment, according to the service. “This temporary deployment is in response to the invasion of Ukraine and is not a permanent change to the overall Army force posture in Europe.”

https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2022-08-12/army-soldiers-europe-ukraine-war-6963830.html
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:44:44 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson