Author Topic: NYC moving migrants into famed luxury Times Square hotel  (Read 268 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC moving migrants into famed luxury Times Square hotel
« on: August 16, 2022, 04:38:44 pm »
NYC moving migrants into famed luxury Times Square hotel
By Bernadette Hogan, Nolan Hicks, Jack Morphet and Bruce Golding
August 15, 2022 2:34pm  Updated

A luxury Manhattan hotel once touted as the “Lullabuy of Broadway” will soon be providing beddy-bye to hundreds of asylum-seeking migrants, The Post has learned.

Mayor Eric Adams plans to convert the Row NYC — formerly known as the Milford Plaza and located in pricey tourist-packed Times Square — into an intake center and shelter for as many as 600 migrant families amid the city’s spiraling homelessness crisis, three sources familiar with the matter said.

“In a month or two, we’re about to open up for [the city Department of Homeless Services], for homeless,” a hotel staffer told The Post on Monday.

Mayor Eric Adams plans to convert the Row NYC into an intake center and shelter for as many as 600 migrant families.

“They’re working on an agreement, a contract,” the worker said of the plan, which is designed to help handle homeless border-crossers bused to the city from Texas.

“It’ll be here at this hotel, but they’ll keep the DHS shelter on a certain floor. But that hasn’t started yet, they said a month or two.”

City Hall hasn’t said what the hotel plan may cost or provided any other details about it, including who exactly will run the operation.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/15/row-nyc-hotel-being-turned-into-migrant-shelter/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NYC moving migrants into famed luxury Times Square hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 04:40:03 pm »
I guess homeless veterans can live on the streets while illegals invade the country! 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: NYC moving migrants into famed luxury Times Square hotel
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 04:50:11 pm »
City Hall hasn’t said what the hotel plan may cost or provided any other details about it, including who exactly will run the operation.
What could possibly go wrong..  :smokin: