Author Topic: Senate Democrats Decide to put More Resources Into Auditing Americans Instead of Securing Our Border  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Senate Democrats Decide to put More Resources Into Auditing Americans Instead of Securing Our Border
August 08, 2022

RJ Hauman
Director of Government Relations and Communications
In the wee hours of Sunday, Senate Democrats successfully rammed through a $740 billion reconciliation package that would add 87,000 IRS agents. It will likely pass the House later this week.

Right now we have around 19,000 Border Patrol agents. So why are we putting more resources into auditing Americans instead of securing our border?

To address this, Republican Senator Rick Scott of Florida introduced an amendment to the package, which sought to prohibit the IRS from hiring any additional agents until Border Patrol doubles its force and hires 18,000 more border patrol agents to fully secure the southern border. Remember, Since October 2021, more than two million illegal aliens have entered the United States.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson