Author Topic: Texas taking public donations to fund migrants buses to NYC and DC  (Read 731 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas taking public donations to fund migrants buses to NYC and DC
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 | August 14, 2022 07:00 AM

AUSTIN, Texas — The state of Texas is allowing the public to donate money to cover the millions of dollars it has spent busing illegal immigrants released from federal custody at the border to New York City and Washington, D.C.

The state has collected $118,297 as of July 22, a drop in the bucket compared to the nearly $7 million in receipts that Texas had received from busing and security contractors in mid-July.

The same state website soliciting donations for busing is asking donors to support Gov. Greg Abbott's border wall projects. Since Abbott announced his intention to finish wall projects that were incomplete when President Donald Trump left office, donors have pledged $55 million to the project. As of August, 2 miles of wall are under construction.

Texas makes up 1,250 miles of the 2,000-mile southern border. More than half of the 1.7 million people apprehended trying to enter the United States illegally from Mexico between ports of entry since the start of fiscal 2022 last October were stopped in Texas.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/texas-public-donations-migrants-buses-nyc-dc
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Texas taking public donations to fund migrants buses to NYC and DC
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 01:46:54 am »
BREAKING: Two migrant buses from TX just arrived in Chicago, a sanctuary city, for the very first time. Some of the men flashed a thumbs up to our @FoxNews cameras & also thanked President Biden. Chicago now added to Gov. Abbott’s bus list w/ D.C. & NYC. https://t.co/jZxjtlbgKt— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) September 1, 2022

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 01:48:09 am »
Bill Melugin
@BillFOXLA

Statement from @GregAbbott_TX:

“Mayor Lightfoot loves to tout the responsibility of her city to welcome all regardless of legal status, and I look forward to seeing this responsibility in action as these migrants receive resources from a sanctuary city w/ capacity to serve them.”

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 01:55:25 am »
I'm in!!!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 05:01:47 am »
Got an address? Where can we help?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 09:38:03 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis