Author Topic: Mitch McConnell’s math depends on Republican voters staying home  (Read 398 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 14, 2022
Mitch McConnell’s math depends on Republican voters staying home
By Joe Strader

Many in the Republican conservative base have good reasons for disliking Senator McConnell. However, he is the leader of the Senate Republicans, making him the highest-ranking Republican in office. Republicans with more political power and a larger base are currently on the outside looking in. That can change. I would never pretend to know what is going on in my senior senator’s head, but I have observed him since the Reagan administration, so I know how he operates.

Kentuckians are faulted for electing Mitch over and over. There is a reason we elect him. It is part of the Mitch McConnell political math. McConnell faces two election threats: the primary and general elections. He firmly controls the local Republican political machine. They love him because Mitch is a winner and these people like winning. It is almost impossible to mount a state-wide primary fight with someone outside of the local political system, and no one within the system would dare challenge Mitch. He wins his primary handily.

It is a bit harder in the general election, but Kentucky Democrats generally pull their punches in challenging Mitch. Even Democrats know that McConnell sends a lot of federal dollars our way. Kentucky is a conservative state despite our Democrat governor, and they find it easy to tolerate Senator McConnell. Getting elected to the Senate is a game of numbers, with Mitch flawlessly playing both sides.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/08/httpswwwyoutubecomwatchvql503dlquha.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Mitch McConnell’s math depends on Republican voters staying home
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 02:18:48 pm »
Any changes in congressional party control this November is moot, unless Turtle and McCarthy are removed from leadership.

If they linger, we'll be just pissing in the wind.

And this stupid op-ed calling him a "winner"?  From what I saw in the past few week's, he's Schumer's bitch.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 02:20:04 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 02:23:49 am »
Any changes in congressional party control this November is moot, unless Turtle and McCarthy are removed from leadership.

When one has been in Washington as long as those two, they start thinking the country is the Washington Post or the New York Times
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 02:43:17 am »

AND Romney's daughter from the RNC.

Make that all happen and I might just be willing to think about being a Republican again.
And I ain't alone.