Author Topic: List of Tax Hikes Just Passed by Democrats  (Read 590 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
List of Tax Hikes Just Passed by Democrats
« on: August 14, 2022, 12:28:35 pm »
Americans for Tax Reform by  Mike Palicz  08/12/2022

Below is the list of tax increases included in Democrats’ tax-and-spend spree now passed by both the Senate and House:

$6.5 Billion Natural Gas Tax Which Will Increase Household Energy Bills       

The bill imposes a regressive tax on American oil and gas development. The tax will drive up the cost of household energy bills. The Congressional Budget Office estimates the natural gas tax will increase taxes by $6.5 billion.

The tax hike violates President Biden’s tax pledge to any American making less than $400,000 per year. Biden administration officials have repeatedly admitted taxes that raise consumer energy prices are in violation of President Biden’s $400,000 tax pledge.

-----
$12 Billion Crude Oil Tax Which Will Increase Household Costs

With gas averaging more than $4.00  per gallon across the country and only weeks removed from record-high prices, Democrats have included a 16.4 cents-per-barrel tax on crude oil and imported petroleum products that will be passed on to consumers in the form of higher gas prices.

-----

$1.2 Billion Coal Tax Which Will Increase Household Energy Bills

The bill would more than double current excise taxes on coal production. Under the Democrat proposal, the tax rate on coal from subsurface mining would increase from $0.50 per ton to $1.10 per ton while the tax rate on coal from surface mining would increase from $0.25 per ton to $0.55 per ton.

-----

$225 Billion Corporate Income Tax Hike Which Will Be Passed on to Households

The cost of this tax increase will be borne by working families in the form of higher prices, fewer jobs, and lower wages.

More: https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-just-passed-by-democrats/

Offline libertasbella

• Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
  • Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
    • Libertas Bella
Re: List of Tax Hikes Just Passed by Democrats
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 07:14:52 pm »
"When we win, do not forget that these people want you broke, dead, your kids raped and brainwashed, and they think it's funny."
- Sam Hyde.
DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing and 2nd Amendment shirts
"Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 07:19:10 pm »
Americans for Tax Reform by  Mike Palicz  08/12/2022

Below is the list of tax increases included in Democrats’ tax-and-spend spree now passed by both the Senate and House:

$6.5 Billion Natural Gas Tax Which Will Increase Household Energy Bills       

The bill imposes a regressive tax on American oil and gas development. The tax will drive up the cost of household energy bills. The Congressional Budget Office estimates the natural gas tax will increase taxes by $6.5 billion.

The tax hike violates President Biden’s tax pledge to any American making less than $400,000 per year. Biden administration officials have repeatedly admitted taxes that raise consumer energy prices are in violation of President Biden’s $400,000 tax pledge.

-----
$12 Billion Crude Oil Tax Which Will Increase Household Costs

With gas averaging more than $4.00  per gallon across the country and only weeks removed from record-high prices, Democrats have included a 16.4 cents-per-barrel tax on crude oil and imported petroleum products that will be passed on to consumers in the form of higher gas prices.

-----

$1.2 Billion Coal Tax Which Will Increase Household Energy Bills

The bill would more than double current excise taxes on coal production. Under the Democrat proposal, the tax rate on coal from subsurface mining would increase from $0.50 per ton to $1.10 per ton while the tax rate on coal from surface mining would increase from $0.25 per ton to $0.55 per ton.

-----

The cost of this tax increase will be borne by working families in the form of higher prices, fewer jobs, and lower wages.

More: https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hikes-just-passed-by-democrats/

Ah, I feel so much better after reading this.  The DEMS just love this country and its people.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 11:03:43 pm »
In flyover (Northern Plains) America, Natural Gas and Propane are two primary home heating fuels. Heating is not optional, subzero temperatures are common in winter. People freeze to death here (two that I knew personally).

This is a thumb in the eye of America's Red State heartland.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 11:15:47 pm »

It's not so much a matter of passing off higher prices than it is a matter of businesses deciding not to take on some new expansion venture because their projected ROI just took an sizeable cut.  Less growth.  Fewer jobs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 11:36:01 pm »
It's not so much a matter of passing off higher prices than it is a matter of businesses deciding not to take on some new expansion venture because their projected ROI just took an sizeable cut.  Less growth.  Fewer jobs.

Or they will move off shore, again...

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 06:20:43 pm »
The plan is for them to tryand make solar and wind seem more affordable.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:45 pm »
In flyover (Northern Plains) America, Natural Gas and Propane are two primary home heating fuels. Heating is not optional, subzero temperatures are common in winter. People freeze to death here (two that I knew personally).

This is a thumb in the eye of America's Red State heartland.

Agreed. I use propane. I could kick myself in the fanny for not filling up my tank a couple of months ago. But I didn't. I really thought all this nonsense would pass. Bad on me.

I'm lucky that I don't live in a northern state where it is cold as all get out for a long time. I'm also fortunate enough to have a fireplace and wood burning stove.