Author Topic: Navy Rolls Out Retention Programs for Submarine Commanders, Senior Enlisted Sailors  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy Rolls Out Retention Programs for Submarine Commanders, Senior Enlisted Sailors
By: Heather Mongilio
August 10, 2022 6:15 PM • Updated: August 12, 2022 3:55 PM

This story has been updated to reflect a clarification in the officers eligible for the bonus.

A new Navy program will offer $20,000 per year to members of the submarine community in a bid to increase retention.

Submarine commanding officers special mission with no less than 19 years but no more than 25 years of service are eligible to receive annual payments of $20,000 if they stay in the Navy for another three to five years, according to NAVADMIN 177, released Aug. 5.

Officers who apply for the retention bonus must be active duty, be serving in a commanding officer special mission billet and be at a O-5 or O-6 paygrade, according to the NAVADMIN.

Being promoted to an O-7 pay grade will make an officer ineligible and will result in unearned portions of the bonus being recouped by the Navy.

https://news.usni.org/2022/08/10/navy-rolls-retention-programs-for-submarine-commanders-senior-enlisted-sailors
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson