Author Topic: Should Trump Run in 2024?  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Should Trump Run in 2024?
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2022, 01:05:49 am »
But he had his shot.

Your selective, revisionist history is damn near awe-inspiring @LMAO   :laugh:

Need I remind you of the Washington Post article entitled "Impeachment Begins Today" dated Jan 20, 2017?  Did you think they were kidding?

Need I remind you of the full breath of promises President Trump kept in spite of the gale force winds against him from the four corners of the political/media world and the daggers lodged in his back and his throat?   Yet the greatest threat to those working overtime to subjugate you remains this one man.

Donald Trump has not "had his shot".  His true shot comes on Jan 20, 2025 with a MAGA House behind him  ---- and if you're half as smart as you want me to believe you are, you'll be out campaigning for both. 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2022, 01:17:12 am »
Not just No, but Heck No. If anything changed from the last (2X) elections, I am even more Never-Trump.

Why, due to who he picked locally to support. A tax pushing (gas tax) lady that supported Doug Jones over Roy Moore. Mo Brooks got shafted and I recon the local populace were to stupid to pick up on it...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 01:20:21 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online LMAO

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2022, 01:18:14 am »
Your selective, revisionist history is damn near awe-inspiring @LMAO   :laugh:

Need I remind you of the Washington Post article entitled "Impeachment Begins Today" dated Jan 20, 2017?  Did you think they were kidding?

Need I remind you of the full breath of promises President Trump kept in spite of the gale force winds against him from the four corners of the political/media world and the daggers lodged in his back and his throat?   Yet the greatest threat to those working overtime to subjugate you remains this one man.

Donald Trump has not "had his shot".  His true shot comes on Jan 20, 2025 with a MAGA House behind him  ---- and if you're half as smart as you want me to believe you are, you'll be out campaigning for both.

If I remember correctly you still haven’t answered questions I have asked you three or four times in the past

I’ll give you one more chance. Do you have a problem with another nearly $8 trillion added to the debt under Donald Trump’s watch?

And do you agree with him when he said Hillary “suffered enough” even though it was clear that she broke laws? You know, laws that are somehow being applied to him more aggressively enough to justify an FBI raid. Something Hillary Clinton never remotely closely got. Not even a slap on the wrist

Please answer those two questions for me and point out how those two examples convinces you that he’s truly a “swamp drainer”

Or is it everybody else’s fault?

And please try to do it without making me the issue.

Nothing I pointed out is, in your words, “selective, revisionist history.” All facts that you simply don’t like hearing

Sorry. He did have his shot. It’s time to  move on.

Completely mind-boggling to me. Both the “swamp” and the debt grew under his watch, and more often than not with his approval, and there’s still people convinced he’s the one to “git ‘er done.”
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 01:28:50 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2022, 01:38:03 am »
If I remember correctly you still haven’t answered questions I have asked you three or four times in the past

I’ll give you one more chance. Do you have a problem with another nearly $8 trillion added to the debt under Donald Trump’s watch?

And do you agree with him when he said Hillary “suffered enough” even though it was clear that she broke laws? You know, laws that are somehow being applied to him more aggressively enough to justify an FBI raid. Something Hillary Clinton never remotely closely got. Not even a slap on the wrist

Please answer those two questions for me and point out how those two examples convinces you that he’s truly a “swamp drainer”

Or is it everybody else’s fault?

Nothing I pointed out is, in your words, “selective, revisionist history.” All facts that you simply don’t like hearing

Sorry. He did have his shot. It’s time to  move on.

Completely mind-boggling to me. Both the “swamp” and the debt grew under his watch, and more often than not with his approval, and there’s still people convinced he’s the one to “git ‘er done.”
It's easy for me to decide.  What was my life like during the orange man's reign.  Hmmm....I could afford groceries...we didn't have illegals pouring over the border...we weren't close to a world war...Trump wasn't trying to eliminate my job...then it turns out the bad orange man will save thousands if not millions of precious children's lives. 

There is no perfect candidate and there never will be.  So plan on never voting again...

Online LMAO

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2022, 01:46:42 am »

There is no perfect candidate and there never will be.  So plan on never voting again...

I’m not looking for the perfect candidate

Reducing the size and scope of the federal government is a hallmark of conservatism. There was a whole TEA Party  movement created because government was spending more than we could afford. At least up until Trump became president… Lol

The inflation we are experiencing isn’t simply because Joe Biden is in office though he’s fueling it. It’s because we’re devaluing our currency to pay for all the spending we can’t afford. We cannot keep doing this or our standard of living will continue to decline. And it doesn’t matter whether it’s Trump, Biden, DeSantis, Harris. The results will be the same

Nothing personal against Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 01:49:40 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2022, 01:46:51 am »
The nominee for the Republican Party MUST appeal to conservative leaning liberals and independents.  If the President/Vice President nominee can't do that, they must not run.

I am willing to vote for the ticket that pulls in the most conservative representatives and senators as well as the presidential nominee.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2022, 02:00:46 am »
There's an old saying: don't write checks your backside can't cash.

Yet that's all Donald Trump does, day in and day out. When he's not out there bragging about himself (when you're more narcissistic than a career politician, that's a problem), he's making these outrageous claims that he has no idea of how to implement them, and in many cases he knows there's no realistic way to do so. He had four years and managed to take a halfway decent three year start (much of it, again, driven by a Republican Congress and statehouses) and utterly destroy it. Why would I want to give this man another four to do even more damage?

Over 300 million people in this country, and all we can do is keep going back to the same turd that caused so much grief?

@jmyrlefuller

Class envy is never attractive.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 02:22:14 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2022, 02:41:10 am »
I wouldn’t necessarily say they’re the problem

They are average people who are told by the media and the elite how stupid and terrible they are and they found somebody who they feel is on their side

Yes, but unfortunately, they are still the problem.  Politicians need majority support; salesmen do not.  Trump constantly makes extraordinary claims with little or no evidence.  His followers should understand why this alone is a disqualifier.  They cannot or will not.  Trump is a talented salesman who has the ability to fill stadiums.  Nevertheless, they are outnumbered. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 02:41:58 am by cato potatoe »

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2022, 04:55:26 am »

:laugh:  And if you had been the only person vying for my time, chances are pretty good I'd have answered you.

Do you have a problem with another nearly $8 trillion added to the debt under Donald Trump’s watch?

You're judging an outcome in a vacuum.  Since it's my turn, I'll turn to Ronald Reagan opening our borders to amnesty seekers and sparking the invasion that continues to this day on our Southern border.  (He's also the granddaddy of our national debt.)  Both Reagan actions displease me.

Not since Aug 8, 2022 ---- and neither does Trump.

Please answer those two questions for me and point out how those two examples convinces you that he’s truly a “swamp drainer”  Or is it everybody else’s fault?

But you are the issue @LMAO    Your two questions tell me you're either woefully uninformed or willfully disingenuous ----- and until you tell me which it is I can't know if it's worth the effort to help you.   :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2022, 06:31:53 am »
I’m not looking for the perfect candidate

Reducing the size and scope of the federal government is a hallmark of conservatism. There was a whole TEA Party  movement created because government was spending more than we could afford. At least up until Trump became president… Lol

The inflation we are experiencing isn’t simply because Joe Biden is in office though he’s fueling it. It’s because we’re devaluing our currency to pay for all the spending we can’t afford. We cannot keep doing this or our standard of living will continue to decline. And it doesn’t matter whether it’s Trump, Biden, DeSantis, Harris. The results will be the same

This is the truth. Bare fact.

Online LMAO

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2022, 10:43:16 am »
:laugh:  And if you had been the only person vying for my time, chances are pretty good I'd have answered you.

You're judging an outcome in a vacuum.  Since it's my turn, I'll turn to Ronald Reagan opening our borders to amnesty seekers and sparking the invasion that continues to this day on our Southern border.  (He's also the granddaddy of our national debt.)  Both Reagan actions displease me.

Not since Aug 8, 2022 ---- and neither does Trump.

But you are the issue @LMAO    Your two questions tell me you're either woefully uninformed or willfully disingenuous ----- and until you tell me which it is I can't know if it's worth the effort to help you.   :shrug:

Why the reluctance to simply  answer yes or no without making excuses or bringing up past presidents who are not thinking of running again in 2024?

Do you, without bringing up anybody else,have a problem with Donald Trump adding nearly 8 trillion to the national debt that was already hundred percent over GDP When he took office. Yes or no?

So before Aug 8, 2022, did you agree with Donald Trump that she should not be indicted for crimes even the FBI at the time agreed she committed because, in his own words, “she suffered enough?” Yes or no

My answer to both is no. Yes I understand he’s not alone when it comes to spending and deficits but he had no trouble signing pretty much every spending bill that was put in front of him

Hillary crimes were before August 8, 2022. If he’s hesitant to go after the poster child  of the DC swamp, it’s unconvincing that in a second term he will really, really, really, really, really, really, really mean it

Everything I have said about Donald Trump is a fair critique backed up with facts. I have never personally attacked him nor his supporters. It’s too bad you’re unable to extend the same courtesy

I have had debates with people when it comes to Donald Trump running a second term. But when people use terms like “orange man bad” or implying “I need help,” or question my intelligence , that tells me that they’ve run out of gas and they need to make me the issue.  wink777

« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:34:03 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2022, 12:47:38 pm »

Everything I have said about Donald Trump is a fair critique backed up with facts.

I have never personally attacked him nor his supporters. It’s too bad you’re unable to extend the same courtesy

There's nothing "fair" about applying selective revisionist history and then demanding I answer your gotcha questions with a  "yes" or a "no". 

Asking you whether you are woefully uninformed or willfully disingenuous is a courtesy;  not a "personal attack".  Now that you've answered my question, engaging with you further is pointless  -----  and my time is a commodity too valuable to waste.

Have a pleasant day @LMAO

« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:52:26 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online LMAO

« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2022, 01:42:40 pm »
There's nothing "fair" about applying selective revisionist history and then demanding I answer your gotcha questions with a  "yes" or a "no". 

Asking you whether you are woefully uninformed or willfully disingenuous is a courtesy;  not a "personal attack".  Now that you've answered my question, engaging with you further is pointless  -----  and my time is a commodity too valuable to waste.

It’s obvious you’re dodging so I guess we’ll just agree to disagree although you also failed to show me  where in my two questions suggests that I’m woefully uninformed, willfully disingenuous, or applying revisionist history. 

Oh well. You have a pleasant day yourself @Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 05:15:34 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2022, 11:49:30 pm »

For those in Rio Linda... That's more than a quarter, less than a third of our entire debt - done in but four years.

How can anyone write that off?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2022, 12:14:16 am »

It’s obvious you’re dodging so I guess we’ll just agree to disagree although you also failed to show me  where in my two questions suggests that I’m woefully uninformed, willfully disingenuous, or applying revisionist history.

Oh well. You have a pleasant day yourself @Right_in_Virginia

And I thank you both for your maturity, I do.  Eh?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: