Author Topic: Merrick Garland Doesn’t Care About The Rule Of Law. Just Ask Hunter Biden  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Merrick Garland Doesn’t Care About The Rule Of Law. Just Ask Hunter Biden
By: Tristan Justice
August 12, 2022

Biden’s Justice Department has done anything but apply the rule of law ‘evenly, without fear or favor.’ Hunter Biden is Exhibit A.

Attorney General Merrick Garland addressed the FBI’s raid of former President Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Thursday afternoon, three days after the Department of Justice embarked on an unprecedented escalation of its persecution of political opponents.

“Faithful adherence to the rule of law is the bedrock principle of the Justice Department and of our democracy,” Garland said. “Upholding the rule of law means applying the law evenly, without fear or favor. Under my watch, that is precisely what the Justice Department is doing.”

President Joe Biden’s Justice Department, however, has done anything but apply the rule of law “evenly, without fear or favor.” Hunter Biden is Exhibit A.

In September of 2020, Senate investigators published an 87-page report detailing Hunter Biden’s extensive overseas networks with a series of potential conflicts of interest. The investigation included episodes of potentially criminal business activity flagged for the Justice Department such as a six-figure shopping spree financed by Chinese business leaders. The report also unearthed evidence of “organized prostitution and/or human trafficking.”

Records on file with the committee, investigators wrote, “confirm that Hunter Biden sent thousands of dollars to individuals who have either: 1) been involved in transactions consistent with possible human trafficking; 2) an association with the adult entertainment industry; or 3) potential association with prostitution.”

Hunter Biden’s home, however, which was featured in a glossy profile of the president’s son by Vanity Fair last December, has never by raided by federal law enforcement.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/08/12/merrick-garland-doesnt-care-about-the-rule-of-law-just-ask-hunter-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

“Faithful adherence to the rule of law is the bedrock principle of the Justice Department and of our democracy,” Garland said. “Upholding the rule of law means applying the law evenly, without fear or favor. Under my watch, that is precisely what the Justice Department is doing.”

:mauslaff:

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Remember the term.....

"Pass the Red Faced Test"

The dims strategy has devolved obviously into Jedi mind tricks, because even their own don't believe them now, and are only playing along, because the dirty deeds meets the narrative.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Grassley To Wray: Why Is There One Law For Hunter Biden And Hillary, Another For Trump?

Grassley highlighted the FBI’s disparate treatment of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Joe Biden’s son Hunter, in contrast to its raid on former President Trump.

Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Chuck Grassley filed a blistering list of questions for the record addressed to FBI Director Christopher Wray on Thursday, demanding the law enforcement bureaucrat answer questions about his agency’s malfeasance, including its raid on former President Donald Trump’s private home and its disparate treatment of Democrats like former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Joe Biden’s son Hunter. Grassley gave Wray a deadline of Aug. 25 to respond to the 15-page document.

Grassley ordered Wray to explain why he bailed early on a hearing for questioning from Congress, amid reports that Wray may have left for vacation on the FBI’s private jet. “News reports indicate that you took your government plane to the Adirondacks,” Grassley wrote. “Is that true? If so, why couldn’t you have stayed for a second round to complete the hearing?”

In the wake of Wray’s FBI descending on Trump’s private Florida home in an “unannounced raid” on Monday, Grassley also demanded answers about the unprecedented move. He asked Wray to provide “the predicating records, including the search warrant and supporting affidavit” for the raid, to explain whether the scope of the investigation into the likely 2024 candidate was “limited to federal records and classification issues,” and to answer whether the White House was involved in or aware of the raid.

One Rule for Hillary, Another for Trump
The senator also highlighted the bureau’s disparate treatment of Democrats who violated federal records laws as Trump is apparently accused of doing. When Clinton and her staff’s “mishandling of highly classified information resulted in 91 valid security violations committed by 38 individuals, some of whom ‘deliberately transmitted’ classified information via Clinton’s unsecured server,” the FBI never raided their homes, Grassley noted. He also criticized that investigation as inappropriately limited, and re-raised concerns he had brought up to the FBI back in 2016 about its “kid-gloves treatment” of the Clinton team, including that “the FBI inexplicably agreed to destroy [Clinton staffers Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson’s] laptops knowing that the contents were the subject of Congressional subpoenas and preservation letters.”

“As we now know,” Grassley continued, “the FBI pulled its punches and Director Comey drafted an exoneration statement for Secretary Clinton before interviewing her and 16 other relevant witnesses.”...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien