Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke Calls Audience Member “Motherf*cker” for Laughing At His AR-15 Hyperbole  (Read 1005 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beto O’Rourke Calls Audience Member “Motherf*cker” for Laughing At His AR-15 Hyperbole

AWR Hawkins 11 Aug 2022

Texas gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke (D) called a campaign rally attendee a “motherf*cker” Wednesday after he laughed at O’Rourke’s hyperbolic description of the AR-15 rifle.

The Daily Beast reports that O’Rourke was speaking in Mineral Wells, Texas, when he began referencing the AR-15 rifle that was used in the May 24 Uvalde mass shooting.

O’Rourke said that those killed in Uvalde were “shot to death with a weapon originally designed for use in combat, legally purchased by an 18-year-old who did not try to obtain one when he was 16 or 17 but followed the law that’s on the books, ladies and gentleman.”

He continued by saying those laws say that “you can buy not one, you can buy two or more if you want to, AR-15s, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, and take that weapon that was originally designed for use on the battlefields in Vietnam to penetrate an enemy soldier’s helmet at 500 feet and knock him down dead…”

It was at this point, as O’Rourke spoke, that an audience member laughed out loud at O’Rourke’s hyperbole regarding the AR-15.

O’Rourke responded by saying, “It may be funny to you, motherf*cker, but it’s not funny to me.”

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1557698398274420736

A couple of points.

Number one, the Uvalde attacker allegedly did try to buy a gun before he was 18 years old.

On July 18 Breitbart News pointed out that the Uvalde report issued by the special Texas House panel indicated the attacker allegedly tried to get people to acquire guns for him when he was 17, but was unable to find anyone willing to do so.

Number two, the AR-15 was not designed for Vietnam combat. The gun used in Vietnam was the M-16, which is a rifle with a select-fire switch allowing soldiers to shoot the rifle in full-auto.

An AR-15 is a semiautomatic rifle, firing one round per trigger pull, while rifles used in the military have a select-fire switch allowing them to be fired in full-auto mode or in three-round bursts of full-auto.

HotAir notes:

The rifle we know now as the AR-15 was not designed for combat — not in Vietnam, nor anywhere else. The precursor AR-10 was designed initially as a potential new military rifle in the early 1950s, but ArmaLite lost out on the contract to Springfield. They got another chance in 1957 when the Pentagon wanted to reconsider the M14. They lost again, and Armalite sold the AR-10 and a new AR-15 designs to Colt in 1959. Colt redesigned it for general military use in 1960, well before the US began any sort of combat operations in Vietnam, but that ended rather shortly thereafter. By the time the US had any significant military commitment in Vietnam, the Pentagon had chosen the M16 and Colt shifted the AR-15 entirely to semi-automatic domestic sales, including significant use by law enforcement agencies.

On September 12, 2019, Breitbart News reported on O’Rourke explaining his gun control plans during a Democrat debate where he said, “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15.”

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2022/08/11/beto-orourke-calls-audience-member-motherf-cker-laughing-ar-15-hyperbole/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'd like to see the crowd size at the event... and just what a Beto "the nacho" supporter looks like.

Ah saw the video.  Pasty white fat women in comfortable shoes and a few cucks. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 06:27:41 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

I find him appalling. Using the 'f' bomb is not presidential and certainly he would set an absolutely disgusting example to our youth.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

I'd like to see the crowd size at the event... and just what a Beto "the nacho" supporter looks like.

Ah saw the video.  Pasty white fat women in comfortable shoes and a few cucks.
When Beto was in our city a few weeks back his rally was held at a miniature golf course.  They must have had 50 people there, which is about every democrat in my town...lol.

Online mountaineer

Maybe he meant to say AR-16, but just conflated the AR-15 and the M-16. Weapons of war, baby!
Or maybe he meant the AK-47. Or the GLS 450.

Naah, not the last one - that's the model of Mercedes-Benz this limousine liberal probably drives.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
A highschool dropout stoner working part-time at Taco Bell does not have thousands of dollars to drop on highend firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition. How he brought them is important. Where he got the money is equally/more important.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline berdie

I was amazed and disgusted when I heard this. I'm not so naive to think politicians may say such in private conversations.

But to say that while giving a speech? How ignorant and juvenile. And sets such a great example.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Who knew the AR-15 was used in Vietnam? The Irish-Mexican is a wealth of new information on the history of guns.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

I find him appalling. Using the 'f' bomb is not presidential and certainly he would set an absolutely disgusting example to our youth.

I accept the fact that not everyone places the same limitations on vocabulary as you and I.  But the startling thing here is he uttered that term directly to a voter to characterize that voter.  This isn't some side comment or third party reference.  This is a direct attack on a voter standing before him.  It was quite Bidenesque.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

It was quite Bidenesque.
Maybe he meant to say mutherf***ing dogface pony soldier.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
OK, here's my take, the heckler was a Beto plant so that Beto could appear righteously indignant and even the swearing was intentional in an effort to appeal to his base of knuckleheads. I don't believe there is an honest or authentic molecule in the Egy szar!

Offline libertybele

Maybe he meant to say mutherf***ing dogface pony soldier.

888high58888  Ok.  That one made me chuckle!  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

Beto O’Rourke Calls Audience Member “Motherf*cker” ......isn't that 'cultural appropriation?

Online andy58-in-nh

Beto O’Rourke Calls Audience Member “Motherf*cker” ......isn't that 'cultural appropriation?

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Not exactly surprising considering it's from the same mind that cooked up this:

\   /                      presents...                     \   /
        (` ')                                                      (` ')
         (U)                                                        (U)

Visions From The Last Crusade

by  Psychedelic Warlord

>>> A CULT Publication......1988 <<<
                        -cDc- CULT OF THE DEAD COW -cDc-

The catacombs of my head produce the most wonderful dreams and visions.
  I feel that I am one with my intellect and my soul.  It was during these
  dreams and visions that I concocted a notion.  It started as something
  small at first, but after every dream it grew stronger, until the urge
  had become too great.  No longer could this strong desire in my mind be
  suppressed.  Recognizing this fact, my one and only goal in life became
  the termination of everything that was free and loving.  Only I could
  realize the true value of loving and expression.  Only in my dreams.

This feeling pervaded everything in my life, yet the first few months
  after realizing my goal, I had done nothing.  Then one day, as I was
  driving home from work, I noticed two children crossing the street.  They
  were happy, happy to be free from their troubles.  I knew, however, that
  this happiness and sense of freedom were much too overwhelming for them.
  This happiness was mine by right.  I had earned it in my dreams.  As I
  neared the young ones, I put all my weight on my right foot, keeping
  the accelerator pedal on the floor until I heard the crashing of the
  two children on the hood, and then the sharp cry of pain from one of
  the two.  I was so fascinated for a moment, that when after I had stopped
  my vehicle, I just sat in a daze, sweet visions filling my head.  My
  dream was abruptly ended when I heard a loud banging on the front
  window.  It was an old man, who was using his cane to awaken me.  He might
  have been a witness to my act of love.  I was not sure, nor did I care.
  It was simply ecstasy.  As I drove home, I envisioned myself committing
  more of these "acts of love", and after a while, I had no trouble carrying
  them out.

The more people I killed, the longer my dreams were.  I soon quit my job,
  and stayed at my house in an almost comatose state.  My dreams grew longer
  and more vivid.  They kept me alive and proved to be the only thing
  to live for.  I had killed nearly 38 people by the time of my twenty-third
  birthday, and each one was more fulfilling than the last.

I was never really surprised at how I evaded the police.  My dreams
  had taken over my life, and they guided me through the right path, and
  I never had need for fear of police.  Or anything, for that matter.

===============================================================================
 (c)opy-write 1988  cDc communications  by Psychedelic Warlord       8/28/88-73
 All Rights, Of Course, Are Shit In Their Worth

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
OK, here's my take, the heckler was a Beto plant so that Beto could appear righteously indignant and even the swearing was intentional in an effort to appeal to his base of knuckleheads. I don't believe there is an honest or authentic molecule in the Egy szar!

I'm with you on this.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
From everything that I am witnessing these days, those "better angels of our nature" have left the building.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline verga

Who knew the AR-15 was used in Vietnam? The Irish-Mexican is a wealth of new information on the history of guns.
Se you learn something new everyday. BTW he said this right after he was talking about the Germans attacking Pearl harbor.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Se you learn something new everyday. BTW he said this right after he was talking about the Germans attacking Pearl harbor.
II thought the CAR-15 was, but not the AR-15 as we civilians know it today.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

So gun free zone signs don't work?  go figure..