Author Topic: A slightly optimistic take on all those new IRS agents  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A slightly optimistic take on all those new IRS agents
« on: August 11, 2022, 03:09:49 pm »
August 11, 2022
By Frank Friday

One of the most famous grievances the Founding Fathers enumerated in the Declaration of Independence was this: "he has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance."

Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer, more fans of King George than George Washington, are looking to do the same thing today, with their recent IRS expansion in the reconciliation bill.

Oh, boy — another 87,000 IRS agents with more power than the FBI, to harass small business, gig workers, and anybody else the Deep State may enjoy tormenting.

But I am more than a bit skeptical that this will all actually come to its intended poisonous conclusion.

First, the IRS cannot just hire anybody.  Applicants need to have an extensive accounting background.  Not all of them need to be a CPA, but most real accountants do wind up with this credential.  Consider that fewer than 95,000 take the CPA test each year, and maybe 45,000 actually pass.  Almost all of them already have good jobs in the private sector.  Just finding qualified new IRS employees is going to take several years — at a time when fewer young people are entering the profession because it is difficult to begin with.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/08/a_slightly_optimistic_take_on_all_those_new_irs_agents.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: A slightly optimistic take on all those new IRS agents
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 04:23:00 pm »
August 11, 2022
By Frank Friday

One of the most famous grievances the Founding Fathers enumerated in the Declaration of Independence was this: "he has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance."

Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer, more fans of King George than George Washington, are looking to do the same thing today, with their recent IRS expansion in the reconciliation bill.

Oh, boy — another 87,000 IRS agents with more power than the FBI, to harass small business, gig workers, and anybody else the Deep State may enjoy tormenting.

But I am more than a bit skeptical that this will all actually come to its intended poisonous conclusion.

First, the IRS cannot just hire anybody.  Applicants need to have an extensive accounting background.  Not all of them need to be a CPA, but most real accountants do wind up with this credential.  Consider that fewer than 95,000 take the CPA test each year, and maybe 45,000 actually pass.  Almost all of them already have good jobs in the private sector.  Just finding qualified new IRS employees is going to take several years — at a time when fewer young people are entering the profession because it is difficult to begin with.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/08/a_slightly_optimistic_take_on_all_those_new_irs_agents.html

If we're talking about revenue agents or revenue officers, yes, they need an accounting or tax legal background.  If we're talking about the lower level examiners, no, they don't need an extensive accounting background.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 05:53:23 pm »
If we're talking about revenue agents or revenue officers, yes, they need an accounting or tax legal background.  If we're talking about the lower level examiners, no, they don't need an extensive accounting background.
But didn't I read somewhere that they will need to be able to use firearms and be willing to use deadly force? I say disarm the revenuers, if they have a situation that requires firearms they can damn well get the feebs or local law enforcement to assist. Ever since the clintoons it seems that more and more agencies have been weaponized, including automatic weapons.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 06:18:58 pm »
But didn't I read somewhere that they will need to be able to use firearms and be willing to use deadly force? I say disarm the revenuers, if they have a situation that requires firearms they can damn well get the feebs or local law enforcement to assist. Ever since the clintoons it seems that more and more agencies have been weaponized, including automatic weapons.

No, that's only for so-called "special agents" - they are a subset of IRS agents who are law enforcement officers, are qualified to carry firearms, and have arrest powers.

The "special agent" is a separate subcategory of agent for federal agencies:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_agent

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 12:52:26 am »
No, that's only for so-called "special agents" - they are a subset of IRS agents who are law enforcement officers, are qualified to carry firearms, and have arrest powers.

The "special agent" is a separate subcategory of agent for federal agencies:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_agent
:thumbsup: