Author Topic: For the Rule of Law to Reign, the Bureau Must Be Destroyed  (Read 339 times)

Online Kamaji

For the Rule of Law to Reign, the Bureau Must Be Destroyed
« on: August 11, 2022, 12:29:03 pm »

The FBI cannot be saved. It must be rendered into component parts and distributed to the four winds.

By Kyle Shideler
August 10, 2022

From the time I was 7-years-old until I was about 20, I was in love with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. In second grade, while other kids wanted to be firemen, I wanted to be a special agent (and I could have told you what one was, what they did, and what the requirements were to become one). In the early 1990s, my favorite show was “FBI: The Untold Stories,” and if we were not home from Cub Scouts in time for it to air, there was a tantrum on the way. I did a book report on a J. Edgar Hoover biography in middle school.

My zeal mellowed as I grew older but never entirely disappeared. As I began my career looking at counterterrorism policy, I meticulously studied the FBI’s extensive investigation of the Holy Land Foundation, the largest Islamic charity in the country, which was successfully convicted of financing the terror group Hamas after more than a decade of FBI investigation (I’ve written two short monographs about aspects of the case).

Later I had the pleasure of providing a three-hour briefing on the ideology of Islamist terrorists for an FBI-led group of Joint Terrorism Task Forces (JTTF) agents, which included one of the agents who worked the Holy Land Foundation case. Several of my colleagues have signed certifications from the FBI in recognition of their work in counterterrorism education.

I say all this to establish that I am not some dyed-in-the-wool civil libertarian who has always had it in for federal law enforcement. I have spent most of my adult life trying to educate people about the serious national security threats this country faces. The United States has very real enemies, both foreign and domestic, and it requires defending.

Nevertheless, the FBI must be abolished.

The solution to the abuses we now endure is not just to subject the FBI to another fruitless inspector general investigation but to dismantle it completely. The bureau cannot be the focus of yet another congressional hearing. FBI Director Christopher Wray, like his predecessors, is more than happy to sit smirking while a handful of grandstanding congressmen and senators pound the table and yell on C-SPAN. Then he’ll jet off for a holiday vacation on a taxpayer-funded private jet while the same congressmen vote to increase his budget. Again.

No, the FBI must be rendered into component parts and distributed to the four winds.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/08/10/for-the-rule-of-law-to-reign-the-bureau-must-be-destroyed/

Online Kamaji

Re: For the Rule of Law to Reign, the Bureau Must Be Destroyed
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 12:29:35 pm »
Agreed.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 02:10:42 pm »

:yowsa: Among several other things.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 02:18:30 pm »
Congressional oversight (both houses) must start doing their jobs.... No agency head can be allowed to abuse their office to suite personal/political agendas.  ANY agency, not just doj.

We must change the law that prohibits SES level personnel from being held accountable/fired for actions contrary to the president.
We must be able to fire any judge that has more than 3 rulings overturned on appeal/review.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 02:35:14 pm »
I think it needs greatly downsized and given a limited focus, with a majority it's current duties spread across many agencies.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 12:31:13 am »
What about Homeland Security?
Get rid of that, too, while they're at it...