Author Topic: Outside State Money Floods Wyoming to Save Liz Cheney from Defeat Tuesday  (Read 1478 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Outside State Money Floods Wyoming to Save Liz Cheney from Defeat Tuesday

Wendell Husebø10 Aug 20220
3:11

Large amounts of outside state money is flowing into Rep. Liz Cheney’s (R-WY) coffers to save her from defeat on Tuesday against Trump-endorsed Harriet Hageman.

While Hageman has out aised Cheney among Wyoming voters, nearly 400 Coloradans have donated about $363,000 to Cheney’s campaign through July 27, the Colorado Sun reported on Wednesday. Many of the donations have also come from the establishment uniparty:

Billionaire Phil Anschutz
    Platte River Equity CEO J. Landis “Lanny” Martin
    FLS Connect partner Rich Beeson
    Aspen School district president Katie Frisch
    Boulder’s Christopher Wirth
    Brother of Elon Musk restaurateur Kimbal Musk
    Former owner of the Denver Nuggets Billionaire Donald Sturm
    El Pomar foundation chairman William Hybl
    Showtime producer and political commentator Mark McKinnon
    Liberty Media CEO Greg Maffei
    Unite America PAC
    Ball Corp. PAC
    Western Energy Alliance PAC
    Holland & Hart PAC

Cheney has also been boosted by California money. The Los Angeles Times reported:

More than 1,100 Californians contributed nearly a tenth of the $13 million Cheney raised through June 30 for her reelection campaign. In that period, she received donations from just over 200 Wyoming residents, totaling more than $260,000.

Cheney’s California donors include Hollywood elites, such as studio mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg, producer Kevin Bright, and director Gary Ross.

In contrast, Hageman has done very well with Wyoming voters, who have donated more than $1.2 million — more than four times as much as Wyoming voters have donated to Cheney, FEC data shows. Overall, Cheney has outraised Hageman by nearly three to one.

Hageman, however, has a polling lead of about 30 points. She is also predicted to win by 97 cents on the dollar, compared to Cheney’s four cents.

Cheney’s faltering support in Wyoming is due to her alliance with Democrats on the partisan January 6 Committee. Fifty-four percent of voters were less likely to support Cheney’s reelection “because she’s part of the panel investigating the attack on the Capitol,” Casper Star-Tribune/Mason-Dixon found.

“The big story is Liz Cheney is going to get beat,” Brad Coker, managing director of the polling firm Mason-Dixon Polling & Strategy, stated about the polling. “That’s a foregone conclusion.”

Hageman has noted that Cheney’s alliance with Democrats on the January 6 Committee is contrary to Wyoming’s interests. “Liz Cheney has lost Wyoming. Liz Cheney doesn’t live in Wyoming. She doesn’t represent us,” Hageman told Breitbart News. “She doesn’t represent our values.”

https://www.breitbart.com/midterm-election/2022/08/10/outside-state-money-floods-wyoming-to-save-liz-cheney-from-defeat-tuesday/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It won't help Liz.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

I hope they give Liz a half a billion dollars.  That will be $500 mil of Dem money shot to hell.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
At this point there's little the money can do. Practically every form of media is saturated and filled. Decent times slots and space are bought out, and people have been yard signed, lit dropped, and mailed to death.

Might make a difference in a tie race, but not this one.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

Money right down the ol poop chute.

It won't matter a lick.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Liz has burned the bridge down and then burned all the charcoal. What she has done is way past just money.
The Ghestapo raid yesterday sealed her fate.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 02:26:28 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

More $$ to steal an election.   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
More $$ to steal an election.   :shrug:

Let's hope all the gaps are sealed tight.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In a State that voted almost 70% for Trump, there is only so much money can buy.
She shat in her mess kit long ago.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

I hope they give Liz a half a billion dollars.  That will be $500 mil of Dem money shot to hell.

:thumbsup:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 :pondering: I wonder how much of that money is being paid to daddy for being a consultant?

Offline cato potatoe

Any idea what she has planned for next year?  I would expect Biden to find her a place in the State Dept, or some cabinet post. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Any idea what she has planned for next year?  I would expect Biden to find her a place in the State Dept, or some cabinet post.
Well they have the same enemy so maybe the DOJ?

Offline verga

In all seriousness, I hope someone whose opinion she respects has the guts to tell her that her 15 minutes are up, and she should sit down and shut up.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In all seriousness, I hope someone whose opinion she respects has the guts to tell her that her 15 minutes are up, and she should sit down and shut up.
My question is "How much of her unused campaign funds does she get to keep if she loses?"

Is this the Big Dem Payola?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Does intentional combustion of currency count as global warming in their carbon footprint?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

My question is "How much of her unused campaign funds does she get to keep if she loses?"

Is this the Big Dem Payola?

She can surely roll it into another campaign... If you know what I mean...

Online Hoodat

If she was a Democrat, all of it.  But I'm sure she's made enough Democrat friends over the past few months to show her how.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-