Author Topic: WH’s Bernstein: 87,000 New IRS Agents Won’t Target Households Earning Under $400k  (Read 883 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 *****rollingeyes*****

WH’s Bernstein: 87,000 New IRS Agents Won’t Target Households Earning Under $400k

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/10/whs-bernstein-87000-new-irs-agents-wont-target-households-earning-under-400k/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

*****rollingeyes*****

WH’s Bernstein: 87,000 New IRS Agents Won’t Target Households Earning Under $400k

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=6310693319112&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at foxnews.com</noscript>

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/10/whs-bernstein-87000-new-irs-agents-wont-target-households-earning-under-400k/

That’s a pointlessly stupid statement.  The IRS will have substantial additional new agents, and for every new agent who is assigned to audit a wealthy person, that leaves an experienced agent who can be reassigned, including to auditing non-wealthy people. 

What a disingenuous statement.

Offline Hoodat

*****rollingeyes*****

Doing the math, that means that there will be one new agent for every 32 tax returns over $400k.  Imagine that.  One agent.  240 work days.  32 taxpayers.  That's 7.5 days per tax year of one tax agent dedicated to combing over your tax returns every year without cause (other than you worked your ass off to make $400k).  And you know there will be some sort of quota in effect.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

....and we should believe this b.s. why?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

....and we should believe this b.s. why?

My thought as well. It's not like these people have sterling reputations for honesty.

Online mountaineer

Ford Fischer
@FordFischer
·
4h
The IRS is hiring new special agents!
Requirements include working min “50 hours per week, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends” and “Carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force, if necessary.”
https://t.co/uvwbrAkIit
One of my uncles worked for the IRS, back when the job requirement included accounting experience.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Oh, my bad. Accounting skills are helpful.
Ford Fischer
@FordFischer
4h
They “will combine accounting skills with law enforcement skills to investigate financial crimes.”

“all income earned, both legal and illegal, has the potential of becoming involved in crimes which fall within the investigative jurisdiction of the IRS Criminal Investigation.”

Offline Kamaji

One of my uncles worked for the IRS, back when the job requirement included accounting experience.  *****rollingeyes*****

Did he work as a "special agent"?

Online mountaineer

Did he work as a "special agent"?
No, just a numbers cruncher in Parkersburg, WV, as far as I know.

Incidentally, the IRS has taken down that job posting, I hear.

Offline Hoodat

Any DuPont experience?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Any DuPont experience?
I don't believe so.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ashley St. Clair
@stclairashley
·1h

How’d we go from throwing tea in the harbor to having armed IRS agents

Offline berdie

Could be there is a correlation between the two. :shrug:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Whaaat, they never heard of armed revenuers? If it were good enough for T-men to be armed it's good enough for Infernal Revenue agents to be armed, after all there has to be an answer to all those armed citizens making errors on their taxes. I guess they plan on going into miscreants homes and taking what they feel is owed to the feds at gunpoint.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
87,000 New IRS Agents Won’t Target Households Earning Under $400k

Nah, just 86,999 of them will...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Incidentally, the IRS has taken down that job posting, I hear.

They may very well have taken the posting down simply because of the poor timing.  But IRS special agents are very real and have been around for a long time.  That advert was not some new invention. 

Online mountaineer

I'm going to post this entire tw*tter thread.
LibertyJ
@LibertyJen
Aug 10

I’m going to tell a story for those people who think dealing with the  IRS is somehow fair or “reasonable” — buckle up.

When I was a kid, my dad owned a small cabinet shop. He decided (against better judgement of my mother) to go into partnership with another furniture maker. The business with both of them operated for about one year successfully. Dad ran the shop with about 55 employees. The other guy ran the books (you see where this is going.) Until one day, a bunch of collections notices were at the business door.

Turns out “partner” embezzling.  All the shop accounts were in dads name (for doors/hinges/machinery/etc.)  He filed jointly for bankruptcy with this “partner” 

IRS determined both sides had to pay IRS $777 per month for 7 years.  This was in the late 80’s—this amount of money was more than the mortgage on home.

Parents paid this money: $65,268 for the full seven years.  They were so terrified of IRS, they sent an extra payment, which the IRS RETURNED and said the debt was paid in full, in writing.  3 years later, the IRS sends a demand letter saying my parents owe another 4 yrs payments

The “partner” didn’t pay the last 4 years.  So now my parents owed it, with interest.  They hired a lawyer from their church, paid him $10,000 up front— lawyer didn’t show up for court. Now my parents owed an additional 5 years of payments $777/month to IRS

The IRS came to our home, towed 2 vehicles out of driveway (a paid for used pick up my dad used for work & a yellow Oldsmobile station wagon.) They searched our house & took cash out of my piggy bank. I was 11.
They took coins my mom had from her father.  Purely sentimental ones.

They were forced to pay someone ELSE’S debt because the IRS was too dumb to track him down.   I WAS FORCED, at 11, to pay someone else’s debt. I had to get a paycheck job at 13 to buy groceries for the family.  We were poor AF.

Both my parents worked hard, but they were taken advantage of by evil people—my dad absolutely owed his half of the debt—for being a fool.  But the extra 4 years plus penalty?  That was pure IRS evil.

When the IRS screws you over— there is no one to turn to. There is no higher agency. There is no oversight.
The rules are so convoluted  lawyers and CPAs struggle to decipher them.  The IRS can send you a letter IN WRITING that your debt is “paid in full” — then come after everything you own YEARS later and force you to pay penalties.

So if you think that 87,000 more IRS agents is somehow a good thing, then just wait until they are breaking into your home and stealing $18 from your 11 year old’s piggy bank and $20 in antique coins given to you by your father.

Just wait.  It’s coming.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
If only PEOPLE  WOULD JUST LAY  THEIR WEAPONS AND TURN THEM IN, we would have a much happier democrat government ramming its unConstitutional powers/manuevers down America citizens throats.  and every illegal move of democrats will have to be accepted instantly or the power of government will come down on them like a mountain falling on them.  Like a third world government or brown shirts of yester year.  Who would have thought deaf, DUMB, and blind lock-steppers could have become so successful in such a short time.  Strutting lockstepper ho's of yesterday now todays!
Congrats, hell is ready to accept you now, your qualifications are clear as day.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"A hand from Washington will be stretched out and placed upon every man's business; the eye of the Federal inspector will be in every man's counting house. The law will, of necessity, have inquisitorial features, it will provide penalties. It will create complicated machinery. Under it, businessmen will be hauled into courts distant from their homes. Heavy fines imposed by distant and unfamiliar tribunals will constantly menace the taxpayer. An army of Federal inspectors, spies, and detectives will descend upon the state. They will compel men of business to show their books and disclose the secrets of their affairs. They will dictate forms of bookkeeping. They will require statements and affidavits..."

Richard E. Byrd, Speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates, March 3, 1910, speaking against the ratification of the 16th Amendment
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien