Author Topic: Mitch McConnell must not be Senate Majority Leader after the midterms  (Read 1365 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 10, 2022
Mitch McConnell must not be Senate Majority Leader after the midterms
By Monica Showalter

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell declined to comment on the FBI raid of President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home during a press conference in Kentucky, following recent floods that hit the eastern part of his home state.

"I'm here to talk about the flood and recovery from the flood," McConnell said when asked about the raid.

Hours later, McConnell’s office released the following statement:

“The country deserves a thorough and immediate explanation of what led to the events of Monday. Attorney General Garland and the Department of Justice should already have provided answers to the American people and must do so immediately.”

This wasn’t the unequivocal condemnation that the FBI raid deserved. It was instead perfunctory act released after pressure from the MAGA wing of the GOP.

Clearly, McConnell despises Trump and the MAGA movement and would love to see all of it brought to an end so they can go back to business as usual, i.e., deceiving the public that there is a two-party system when it is actually only one that loyally serves and profits off the Washington Establishment.

Mitch has benefited from the Washington Establishment.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/08/mitch_mcconnell_must_not_be_senate_majority_leader_after_the_midterms.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Mitch McConnell must not be Senate Majority Leader after the midterms
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 01:55:33 pm »
Ditching Mitch would require a demonstration of courage from nearly 30 of our Senate Republicans.  Unfortunately for us, 'courage' is in woefully short supply in the GOP ranks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 01:56:53 pm »
He wants to lose, then blame it on Trump.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 01:57:56 pm »
Ditching Mitch would require a demonstration of courage from nearly 30 of our Senate Republicans.  Unfortunately for us, 'courage' is in woefully short supply in the GOP ranks.

Unfortunately, you are correct, I fear.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 02:01:09 pm »
He wants to lose, then blame it on Trump.

Winner.  Mitch gets paid the same whether he is Majority Leader or Minority Leader.  But the Minority Leader position involves less than half the word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 02:03:42 pm »
Unfortunately, you are correct, I fear.

This is the same Party that gave Obama even more than he asked for over the course of 6 years.  It's the same Party that continued to fund Planned Parenthood with taxpayer dollars when they had full control of both Houses and the White House.  This Party sucks.  I can see a million reasons not to vote for Democrats.  But I can't find a single reason to vote for a Republican.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 02:13:49 pm »
I can't decide if Mitch is getting ready to retire or he's just a cranky old man and doesn't even care anymore, but either way his time has come and gone.

Having said that, Mitch McConnell is the reason why Merrick Garland is not a Supreme Court Justice, and we will always owe him for at least that much.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 02:21:29 pm »
Having said that, Mitch McConnell is the reason why Merrick Garland is not a Supreme Court Justice, and we will always owe him for at least that much.

The reason Merrick Garland is not a Supreme Court Justice is because Obama was too lazy (and lacked the leadership ability) to fight for him.  If the Dems had put up a fight, Mitch would have folded.  But the Dems fully expected that Hillary would be the next President, so they left the seat open to her as a gift.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 02:24:26 pm »
@Polly Ticks

Ask yourself this question.  Did Mitch McConnell believe that Donald Trump would win the 2016 election?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 02:29:44 pm »
The little so called inflation reduction legistative debacle is all on this turtle SOB.

All he had to do, was invoke the cloture rules,.

Again....   this disaster is 100% on him.  He must go.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 02:33:26 pm »
The little so called inflation reduction legistative debacle is all on this turtle SOB.

Inflation itself is on him too.  More money supply expansion has occurred under his leadership than any other Republican Senate leader in US history.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2022, 02:36:30 pm »

I am not granting him any kudos.  Any decent Majority Leader would have done this.   McConnell is worthless.  He is more of a problem to us than  our enemies.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2022, 02:38:06 pm »
I am not granting him any kudos.  Any decent Majority Leader would have done this.   McConnell is worthless.  He is more of a problem to us than  our enemies.

McConnell was simply delaying the pick for Hillary.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2022, 02:44:42 pm »
McConnell was simply delaying the pick for Hillary.

I don't care if he did it because he was having period pains that day.  The point is that he DID do it, and that matters.

Again, I agree that Mitch has been squishy at best and needs to go. But considering how bad Garland is at his current position, I shudder to think of him with a lifetime appointment.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2022, 03:04:59 pm »

Again, I agree that Mitch has been squishy at best and needs to go. But considering how bad Garland is at his current position, I shudder to think of him with a lifetime appointment.

We just confirmed a radical actiivist justice who couldn't define what a woman was. 

I think that point is moot.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2022, 03:06:19 pm »
We just confirmed a radical actiivist justice who couldn't define what a woman was. 

Yep.  Today's Republican Party.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2022, 03:11:01 pm »
I don't care if he did it because he was having period pains that day.  The point is that he DID do it, and that matters.

:thumbsup:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2022, 03:14:52 pm »

Not exactly. Imagine a court with both Jackson and Garland on it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that would be worse than what we've got now.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 03:18:04 pm »
Not exactly. Imagine a court with both Jackson and Garland on it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that would be worse than what we've got now.

Again.  Turtle didn't exactly apply rocket science is withholding that last Obama nomination of Obama (Garland) Any and every GOP majority leader under those circumstances would have done the same. 

The more pressing issue, is how he is destroying us now.  What happened last Saturday did not have to happen, if this POS had done his job properly.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2022, 03:24:01 pm »
Again.  Turtle didn't exactly apply rocket science is withholding that last Obama nomination of Obama (Garland) Any and every GOP majority leader under those circumstances would have done the same. 
Look, I'm sick of him, too, and I vote for his opponent in the primaries. But saying what he did didn't matter because 'anybody would have done it' just seems petty.  He did do it, and I'll give him credit for that.

The more pressing issue, is how he is destroying us now.  What happened last Saturday did not have to happen, if this POS had done his job properly.

100% agree

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2022, 03:25:58 pm »
Not exactly. Imagine a court with both Jackson and Garland on it.

Imagine a court with neither Jackson nor Garland on it.  Imagine a court with Miguel Estrada, or Janice Rogers Brown, or Robert Bork, or Edith Jones, or Daniel Cameron.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2022, 03:28:26 pm »
Imagine a court with neither Jackson nor Garland on it.  Imagine a court with Miguel Estrada, or Janice Rogers Brown, or Robert Bork, or Edith Jones, or Daniel Cameron.

Yep, and that is what precipitated "The Steal of 2020"

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2022, 01:00:26 am »
T   E   R   M         L   I   M   I   T   S!

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2022, 03:09:52 pm »
 :amen:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2022, 05:45:21 pm »
T   E   R   M         L   I   M   I   T   S!
And mental competency evaluations with disqualification of position upon failure. Think about it, in California alone off the top of my head that would result in the removal of  the Mad Queen of Hearts Pelosi, Feinswein and Mad Max! How many incompetents in other states would be gone?