Author Topic: The Regime Wants Its Revenge  (Read 427 times)

Online Kamaji

The Regime Wants Its Revenge
« on: August 10, 2022, 01:26:00 pm »
The Regime Wants Its Revenge

What’s the meaning of the Mar-a-Lago raid?

Bradley Devlin
Aug 9, 2022

The people who really run the United States of America have made it clear that they can’t, and won’t, if they can help it, allow Donald Trump to be president again,” wrote Michael Anton in Compact Magazine on July 28. “You don’t have to imagine. They tell you every day.”

Less than two weeks later, former President Donald Trump released a statement saying that Mar-a-Lago, the Florida club that functions as his primary residence, was “currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents."

"Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States before. After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate," Trump’s statement continued.

"Such an assault could only take place in broke, Third-World Countries. Sadly, America has now become one of those Countries, corrupt at a level not seen before. They even broke into my safe!" Trump added.

Dr. John Eastman, the founding director of The Claremont Institute's Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence, told The American Conservative via email that there is no lawful justification for this unprecedented raid on a former president's residence. "What I suspect is going on is a fishing expedition," Eastman claimed. "They can’t just get a warrant for all his records—that would be an unconstitutional 'general warrant' that the Fourth Amendment was specifically written to prohibit. But using the National Archives Act as a pretext, they now can rummage through and see what they can find."

"Hopefully the courts will soon put a stop to this egregiously unconstitutional conduct," Eastman said.

While violations of the Presidential Records Act do not carry their own harsh penalties, other criminal statutes could come into play. U.S. law forbids individuals from “willfully injur[ing] or commit[ting] any depredation against any property of the United States." Public office holders who, “willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates or destroys … any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited," could also be slapped with criminal charges. The former carries a fine and up to one year in prison, the latter, up to three.

The second aforementioned statute also includes a provision that says those convicted of mutilating or destroying these records are, “disqualified from holding any office under the United States.” But in the 1969 case of Powell v. McCormack, the Supreme Court found that Article I’s Qualifications of Members Clause include the only reasons why a member of the House of Representatives that has been duly-elected may be prevented from holding office. While Powell v. McCormack dealt with members of Congress and not the president, the same logic probably applies to Article II, Section I, and likely renders the statutes provision of disqualification for public office unconstitutional.

"This is the Empire Strikes Back," Eastman told TAC. "Trump and his supporters interfered with the Hillary coronation plans in 2016, then had the temerity to think that the American people still controlled the direction of their government. The peasants are in revolt, and have to be cowered back into submission."

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-regime-wants-its-revenge/

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Regime Wants Its Revenge
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 01:53:43 pm »
The raid was a signal that Federal officials have become impatient with Trump's defiance, non-compliance, and stonewalling.

But, the Feds are treading in dangerous territory.  The American people deserve a full explanation and an opportunity to see the contents of the warrant(s) and warrant application for themselves.  Federal secrecy only makes the public more distrustful.

The raid reminds me of the Fed law enforcement overreach of the early 1990s - Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Elian Gonzalez.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 10:29:33 pm »
"What’s the meaning of the Mar-a-Lago raid?"

1. The Party is in complete control
2. The Party will do whatever is necessary to maintain that control
3. No one can be above "the reach" of The Party

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 10:59:29 pm »
"What’s the meaning of the Mar-a-Lago raid?"

1. The Party is in complete control
2. The Party will do whatever is necessary to maintain that control
3. No one can be above "the reach" of The Party
@Fishrrman

As I am quite sure you know, that sounds a great deal like the philosophy of one Benito Mussolini:

“Everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State".

Democrats know it, too, but will maintain the pretense of seeking justice in the interest of exercising absolute power.

As in their Confederate days, American Democrats still believe in human servitude, but no longer confine their dominant and hateful intentions only to black people.

And they have long since progressed from mere physical chains to social, political and economic ones, which although less physically painful, are longer lasting. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 11:46:37 pm »
The raid was a signal that Federal officials have become impatient with Trump's defiance, non-compliance, and stonewalling.

But, the Feds are treading in dangerous territory.  The American people deserve a full explanation and an opportunity to see the contents of the warrant(s) and warrant application for themselves.  Federal secrecy only makes the public more distrustful.

The raid reminds me of the Fed law enforcement overreach of the early 1990s - Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Elian Gonzalez.

Very much so.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 02:15:50 am »

The only difference being the feds called the media and scheduled the raid so the media could be there