Author Topic: Trump says he’ll be questioned in New York investigation into finances  (Read 7250 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As awful as Biden's presidency has been so far, he beats Trump in the polls.

@goatprairie

Have you lost your freaking mind? Biden MIGHT beat Trump on the  left coast,but that's about it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From Reason magazine:

"Donald Trump Pleads the 5th After Years of Saying Only Guilty People Do That
The former president may be a hypocrite, but at least he knows his own rights."

@goatprairie

Reason Magazine?

Oh,well! That's different! That settles it for me.

Can you tell me what RINO you are voting for so I can vote for that loser,too?

Offline verga

@goatprairie

Reason Magazine?

Oh,well! That's different! That settles it for me.

Can you tell me what RINO you are voting for so I can vote for that loser,too?
I am pretty sure he also listens to "Coast to Coast".
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@ver
I am guessing that is a talk radio station? Is that the right description for that sort of thing?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
All we know about DeSantis is he's a Trump wannabe who operates well when surrounded by the fortune of a solidly aligned legislature.   We don't know if he is a warrior  -----  or another career politician primed for swamp absorption.
Oddly my support for Trump doesn't require me to talk down DeSantis, I don't see him as a threat to Trump as you obviously do, why I have no idea because at no time has he even hinted he would challenge Trump.

Online GtHawk

Reason:

"The invocation marked a notable break from Trump's previous thoughts on taking the Fifth, most notably during the 2016 campaign: During a presidential debate against Hillary Clinton, he called it "disgraceful" that members of her staff had refused to testify before congressional committees investigating Clinton's use of a private email server. Days later, he told a rally crowd, "The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"
Your using this where he was talking about Clintoon people who were not being investigated and not charged with anything but took the fifth refusing to answer questions about Hilary? Pretty poor example because he was talking about innocents not criminal refusing to testify(no doubt in fear of Arkancide). If you are using this as your defense I think you clearly do not understand the statement and it context or you are being obtuse for another reason of which I can conjecture but will not note my thinking.

Online GtHawk

Well that might be a plus.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

The one hosted by Space Ghost?  :cool:  Now it makes all the sense in the world.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

@ver
I am guessing that is a talk radio station? Is that the right description for that sort of thing?
@sneakypete Coast to Coast AM is an American late-night radio talk show that deals with a variety of topics. Most frequently the topics relate to either the paranormal or conspiracy theories. It was hosted by creator Art Bell from its inception in 1988 until 2000, and is currently hosted by George Noory.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete Coast to Coast AM is an American late-night radio talk show that deals with a variety of topics. Most frequently the topics relate to either the paranormal or conspiracy theories. It was hosted by creator Art Bell from its inception in 1988 until 2000, and is currently hosted by George Noory.

@verga

Thanks!

For some unknown reason I have never been interested in talk radio. Never even listened to Limbaugh on the radio,although I think I did watch a few of his tv broadcasts for entertainment value.

Offline Hoodat

If your radio station needed 3 hours of filler in the early AM hours, Art Bell was your guy.  Quite a talented role player.  Did a phenomenal job of interviewing himself.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia 

True,but that is hardly  HIS "fault",and framing it that way ALMOST seems like a cheap shot.

Who the hell said it was his fault @sneakypete  ??       I said it was his good fortune to have the statehouse he has.

But this does not change the fact that a man's true convictons and backbone are revealed through battles of fire ---- and to date DeSantis is sitting on an inner tube in the deep end of the pool.

Oddly my support for Trump doesn't require me to talk down DeSantis, I don't see him as a threat to Trump as you obviously do, why I have no idea because at no time has he even hinted he would challenge Trump.

:facepalm2:

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:49:59 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

Who the hell said it was his fault @sneakypete  ??       I said it was his good fortune to have the statehouse he has.

But this does not change the fact that a man's true convictons and backbone are revealed through battles of fire ---- and to date DeSantis is sitting on an inner tube in the deep end of the pool.

He's taken on Disney, the teacher's union and the sugar companies.  Granted he has a full majority, but he isn't just sitting back and doing nothing.  He is quick to move on issues and for the most part it has benefited FL.

He was one of the first to go up against CDC and WHO guidelines and opened up FL.  Why do you think over 900 people a day have moved to FL?

I would beg to differ that the migration is due to people fleeing higher taxes; the migration is more about freedom. (You can still always tell who just came from out of state; they are masked, some with gloves and those masks are worn in the parks, kayaking, etc.)

About 900 people a day are moving to Florida, the state's CFO, Jimmy Patronis, told Fox Business on Monday, attributing it mainly to higher taxes in states such as New York and New Jersey.

Migration to Florida had steadily risen over the past decade before booming during the coronavirus pandemic as remote working and the warm climate drew people to the Sunshine State.

Florida also has no personal income tax. In comparison, New York unveiled proposals in April to bump up its income-tax rates for its wealthiest residents.

Patronis told Fox that states like New York and New Jersey were "financial train wrecks."

https://www.bdb.org/news/2021/05/25/financial-services-news/900-people-a-day-are-moving-to-florida-many-fleeing-tax-hell-in-new-york-and-new-jersey-the-state-s-cfo-said/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:50:23 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Granted he has a full majority

This is my point @libertybele   We are in agreement  ---- so, please, stop trying to start a non-existent fight.

Online GtHawk

Online libertybele

This is my point @libertybele   We are in agreement  ---- so, please, stop trying to start a non-existent fight.

???A fight @Right_in_Virginia  I would hope by now you would know me better than that.  Just for the record I am not trying to start a fight but merely pointing out that just because DeSantis has a full majority doesn't mean that he isn't working diligently to use that advantage to benefit Florida.

Also, I would vote for Trump over DeSantis.  Trump God willing will run again and prevail. He and we need to continue to fight for America.  I believe in my heart that Trump's leadership will turn this country around (again).

Peace.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 05:40:33 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

Ahhh,the old "throw out the baby with the bathwater" POV!

What ever happened to "give a promising pol the benefit of the doubt until he or she proves they can't be trusted?

Online Kamaji

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele  @Right_in_Virginia

He's taken on Disney, the teacher's union and the sugar companies.

That takes some political stones for a Florida pol.

Granted he has a full majority, but he isn't just sitting back and doing nothing.  He is quick to move on issues and for the most part it has benefited FL.

He was one of the first to go up against CDC and WHO guidelines and opened up FL.  Why do you think over 900 people a day have moved to FL?

I would beg to differ that the migration is due to people fleeing higher taxes; the migration is more about freedom. (You can still always tell who just came from out of state; they are masked, some with gloves and those masks are worn in the parks, kayaking, etc.)

Ennnn,not to sure about that one. The typical Yankee wouldn't know freedom if they tripped over it,and even then it would scare them to death. They want RULES,DAMMIT!

About 900 people a day are moving to Florida, the state's CFO, Jimmy Patronis, told Fox Business on Monday, attributing it mainly to higher taxes in states such as New York and New Jersey.

If Florida had any sense,and IF it were legal,they should put up barricades on the highways at the state line and refuse admittance to anyone that came from north of Virginia.

Florida was known as "The southernmost Yankee state in the nation" 20+ years ago,and this ain't making it any better.

And speaking as someone who grew up in the south starting 70 years or so ago,I can tell you with an absolute certainty  the typical yankee is mostly harmless the first 60 or 90 days,but after that they get fire in their eyes and want laws passed to make it "just like it was back home!"

I have witnesses this everywhere I have lived in the south.

Florida also has no personal income tax. In comparison, New York unveiled proposals in April to bump up its income-tax rates for its wealthiest residents.[/i]

Florida should IMMEDIATELY pass a law making income tax for yankee refugees twice what they were paying "back home".

Patronis told Fox that states like New York and New Jersey were "financial train wrecks."

EXACTLY! And the REASON they are train wrecks is because the same SOB's that are moving south now VOTED for train wrecks,more powerful unions,more welfare,strict gun control,more powerful unions with "no show" jobs,etc,etc,etc.

Why the HELL would anyone want to see these viscous parasites moving next door to them?

https://www.bdb.org/news/2021/05/25/financial-services-news/900-people-a-day-are-moving-to-florida-many-fleeing-tax-hell-in-new-york-and-new-jersey-the-state-s-cfo-said/

Online GtHawk

Offline goatprairie

What? You're telling me you don't believe chupacabras are real?

Offline goatprairie

Ha,ha....it's hilarious to see you people twist yourselves into pretzels rationalizing Trump taking the fifth. But go ahead...don't let me stop you.