Author Topic: BREAKING>>FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago  (Read 61248 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: BREAKING>>FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
« Reply #875 on: August 11, 2022, 12:24:39 am »
You don't think the constitution was violated?  How in the HELL can you say that when the  plain language therein says "Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct..." when that is clearly not what happened in 2020!

@Bigun

The legislature DID direct by way of their acquiescence. They certified it as true and valid. And who knows what powers they have given to their agents in their stead? That is a massive monkey knot, full of internal election law and precedence, and not as easy as you declare.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #876 on: August 11, 2022, 12:24:49 am »

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1557373781013942273

@mystery-ak

I  can't even begin to imagine how horrified and embarrassed the children of those men in that photo must be to see their fathers photo splashed all across the world and generally referred to as things like "goons" and "lawless thugs".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #877 on: August 11, 2022, 12:29:46 am »
It makes no difference what words it contained @Bigun .
It was a direct assault on a sovereign state attempting to decertify what that state (in its own right) declared and certified as valid.

No, that's wrong.    As powerful as our Founders wanted individual states to be, they did not give the states, any state, the authority or power to override or ignore the Constitution of the United States.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #878 on: August 11, 2022, 12:30:25 am »
@Sighlass

So you think Trump,as President,being in favor of removing guns from the possession of people whose own families think they are disturbed and dangerous makes him a gun-grabber?

Seriously? After all,who knows more about the emotional stability of someone than their own family?

@sneakypete

YES. My ex would have had me red tagged and all my guns taken from me as a matter of course.
Gun-grabbing bullcrap straight out of the liberal handbook. Then you'll need to see a shrink to get your guns back, and shrinks are invariably liberal a*******, who will forever remove your ability to own a weapon until they deem it reasonable... Which will be never.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #879 on: August 11, 2022, 12:30:38 am »
@sneakypete

Then that's a huge risk, politically, and just as desperate.
And one which has already backfired big time.

@roamer_1

It is no personal risk at all to the people behind it because they will never be charged with anything.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #880 on: August 11, 2022, 12:34:15 am »
@Sighlass

So you think Trump,as President,being in favor of removing guns from the possession of people whose own families think they are disturbed and dangerous makes him a gun-grabber?

Seriously? After all,who knows more about the emotional stability of someone than their own family?

I think that any law that someone can accuse you of something and the law act on it without due course of law (being able to defend oneself) pertaining guns is dangerous.

Family does not always have one's best interest at heart. Neither does government.

So you want to go on record in favor of red flag laws ! If one of your kin decides that "chemo brain" is reason to take away your guns, you would be in favor of it?

As you know, the law's problem is the lack of common sense in administering it. Some suit decides they don't like you, you have lost your rights.

Off subject, you can have the last word.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 12:35:42 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #881 on: August 11, 2022, 12:36:15 am »
No, that's wrong.    As powerful as our Founders wanted individual states to be, they did not give the states, any state, the authority or power to override or ignore the Constitution of the United States.

No, it is not wrong, and I will submit that the Constitution was not violated, on the grounds that bonified officials were acting as agents of the legislature in their absence... As proven by the legislatures' acquiescence and certification. The legislature HAS 'seen fit'.

And that does not really matter, because all you will do is shoot state sovereignty full of holes big enough for the feds to crawl through.

And that is a big damn mistake. Huge.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #882 on: August 11, 2022, 12:36:19 am »
Lol, @leftwing website cut...  You posted a link, but the bottom of the link (which you didn't quote) is one of the sections Trump amended... and it does exactly as I claimed it did, it ups the penalty for taking documents...

Reference : Jan. 19, 2018, 132 Stat. 19

I posted 18 U.S. Code § 1924(a) verbatim.  I also provided a link.  Again:

18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

(a)Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

(b)For purposes of this section, the provision of documents and materials to the Congress shall not constitute an offense under subsection (a).

(c)In this section, the term “classified information of the United States” means information originated, owned, or possessed by the United States Government concerning the national defense or foreign relations of the United States that has been determined pursuant to law or Executive order to require protection against unauthorized disclosure in the interests of national security.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1924

Again, we are not dealing with classified documents here.  This is a National Archives issue.  Secondly, Trump was not a officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States when he came in possession of the boxes.  Thirdly, Trump did not take the boxes to his residence.  They were packed and delivered by the GSA.   Please read the statute.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #883 on: August 11, 2022, 12:37:20 am »
@sneakypete

YES. My ex would have had me red tagged and all my guns taken from me as a matter of course.
Gun-grabbing bullcrap straight out of the liberal handbook.

Maybe in the big northern cities,but I THINK that in most of America a DA is NOT going to take such charges seriously from an ex.

Now,a current wife with their children and other relatives and neighbors backing her up is a different story.

Then you'll need to see a shrink to get your guns back, and shrinks are invariably liberal a*******, who will forever remove your ability to own a weapon until they deem it reasonable... Which will be never.

I agree,IF it gets that far. Most sheriffs will check the arrest records and ask the deputies who patrol the area where this man lives to see if he has ever been any trouble before they make these decisions.

Sheriffs don't like being caught in the middle of marital squabbles any more than the rest of us.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #884 on: August 11, 2022, 12:39:43 am »
Exactly.  We need three things right now:

1)  The Warrant in its original form, no redactions.
2)  The complete inventory of what was removed.
3)  The application for the Warrant.  Again no redactions.  A copy that includes any last-minute changes and margin notes.

And (4) - why in the hell did it take nine hours when they knew in advance what boxes they wanted and where they were located.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #885 on: August 11, 2022, 12:40:22 am »
I think that any law that someone can accuse you of something and the law act on it without due course of law (being able to defend oneself) pertaining guns is dangerous.

You should have stopped at "I think",because you are not thinking.

Family does not always have one's best interest at heart. Neither does government.

So you want to go on record in favor of red flag laws ! If one of your kin decides that "chemo brain" is reason to take away your guns, you would be in favor of it?

As you know, the law's problem is the lack of common sense in administering it. Some suit decides they don't like you, you have lost your rights.

Off subject, you can have the last word.

Will they be assisted by Klingons?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #886 on: August 11, 2022, 12:43:04 am »
"Useful idiot holding a sign 'arrest Trump' in NY is asked to explain his statement that Trump should be arrested for provable criminal acts "  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/wlctv_ca/status/1557485039541071873

This is every liberal on the planet.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #887 on: August 11, 2022, 12:43:54 am »

Maybe in the big northern cities,but I THINK that in most of America a DA is NOT going to take such charges seriously from an ex.

Now,a current wife with their children and other relatives and neighbors backing her up is a different story.

@sneakypete

Well, she was not officially my ex during the divorce, and she drug me through every damn knothole she could find, and the state stepped and fetched.

I agree,IF it gets that far. Most sheriffs will check the arrest records and ask the deputies who patrol the area where this man lives to see if he has ever been any trouble before they make these decisions.

Sheriffs don't like being caught in the middle of marital squabbles any more than the rest of us.

Goes down easy in the speaking of it, but I'm a Good Ol Boy, and I have enough sheet from my yoot to turn that theory on it's head. No, they'd come a'runnin. They always do.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 12:46:40 am by roamer_1 »

« Reply #888 on: August 11, 2022, 12:45:42 am »
Breaking911
@Breaking911

NEW: Trump says room FBI breached at Mar-A-Lago had two locks installed at the request of the Feds in June.

"A surprise attack, POLITICS, and all the while our Country is going to HELL!"

4:21 PM · Aug 10, 2022  Twitter Web App

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #889 on: August 11, 2022, 12:49:10 am »
@Bigun

The legislature DID direct by way of their acquiescence. They certified it as true and valid. And who knows what powers they have given to their agents in their stead? That is a massive monkey knot, full of internal election law and precedence, and not as easy as you declare.

NO! They did no such thing and the governors made damned sure that the legislature had no opportunity to object to what was done! @roamer_1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #890 on: August 11, 2022, 12:49:19 am »
Breaking911
@Breaking911

Maybe there was something in those documents that implicated Biden for something.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #891 on: August 11, 2022, 12:50:59 am »
NO! They did no such thing and the governors made damned sure that the legislature had no opportunity to object to what was done! @roamer_1

Did the state certify or not?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #892 on: August 11, 2022, 12:52:41 am »

Exactly right @Right_in_Virginia In fact, they tried to ensure the exact opposite would prevail.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #893 on: August 11, 2022, 12:53:31 am »
No, it is not wrong,

If you'd like to continue to discuss this, I've got two humble requests:  the first:  Read the full filing and second:  start a separate thread.   Continuing the discussion here is interrupting an important thread.

Thanks @roamer_1

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #894 on: August 11, 2022, 12:53:59 am »
Did the state certify or not?

Yes! But not the legislatures as you are desperately trying to imply!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #895 on: August 11, 2022, 12:54:43 am »
I posted 18 U.S. Code § 1924(a) verbatim.  I also provided a link.  Again:

18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

(a)Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

(b)For purposes of this section, the provision of documents and materials to the Congress shall not constitute an offense under subsection (a).

(c)In this section, the term “classified information of the United States” means information originated, owned, or possessed by the United States Government concerning the national defense or foreign relations of the United States that has been determined pursuant to law or Executive order to require protection against unauthorized disclosure in the interests of national security.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1924

Again, we are not dealing with classified documents here.  This is a National Archives issue.  Secondly, Trump was not a officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States when he came in possession of the boxes.  Thirdly, Trump did not take the boxes to his residence.  They were packed and delivered by the GSA.   Please read the statute.

Your very link contains this at the bottom, which shows that Trump changed the time of imprisonment from 1 year to five. My original claim was that Trump upped the penalty to felon status of 5 years. I didn't nothing more, nothing less.

My picture I posted showed what Trump did to "up" the time to felony amounts of 5 years. He didn't write the changes I imagine, but he signed them.  I hunted down what "132 Stat. 19" was (at least the part that pertained to what I claimed, ie longer jail times).

You may have very valid points on whether Trump violated the rules or not. That is another subject of which I take great interest reading to the best of my ability (I enjoy the discourse between members here). I just take offense that I am some left wing surfing person that knowingly posted something not true (that Trump didn't "up" the penalty for violating taking documents deemed sensitive).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 12:57:32 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #896 on: August 11, 2022, 12:54:45 am »
https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/08/the-left-is-now-desperately-trying-to-change-the-meaning-of-the-word-raid/

Hmmmm....
Lemmmeeesseeee here....

"Insurrections" are fine,
But "raids" are not...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #897 on: August 11, 2022, 12:55:31 am »
If you'd like to continue to discuss this, I've got two humble requests:  the first:  Read the full filing and second:  start a separate thread.   Continuing the discussion here is interrupting an important thread.

Thanks @roamer_1

It's not him @Right_in_Virginia it's me and I will honor your request.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #898 on: August 11, 2022, 12:55:38 am »

Proposed thread title:   Is it the Court's job to fix what the People allowed to happen?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #899 on: August 11, 2022, 12:56:44 am »

Thanks @roamer_1

@Right_in_Virginia

I am already fully informed of the filing.

And I have already stated that I thought this should end - That the sidebar is turning into a hijack.
I am only responding to others. That is not my fault. I have said more than once this has all been fought over before.

:shrug: