Author Topic: Net Zero Is Not Just For Carbon Emissions — Now It’s Nitrogen  (Read 310 times)

rebewranger

Net Zero Is Not Just For Carbon Emissions — Now It’s Nitrogen
5 hours ago Guest Blogger 62 Comments
From the MANHATTAN CONTRARIAN

Francis Menton

In recent months the insane world-wide campaign against the emission of carbon into the atmosphere has not been going all that well for the zealots. Among other things, the Ukraine war has highlighted the fact that wind and solar electricity generators can’t really work on their own to power a modern economy. That has left places like Germany and the UK that built the most of them facing soaring energy prices and dependence on natural gas from Russia for backup. Those countries and others are in the process of being forced by reality to at least slow down on their march toward Net Zero as to carbon emissions.

But meanwhile, there’s another campaign for Net Zero that until recently has been flying mostly under the radar. That is the campaign against nitrogen. Nitrogen is the stuff that makes up about 80% of the atmosphere and you never even notice it’s there. It’s also essential for plant growth, but for that purpose needs to be combined with hydrogen. Farmers can give crops the nitrogen they need through animal manure, which is an excellent source, or through commercial fertilizer, which is made by taking nitrogen from the air and combining it with hydrogen from natural gas. Really, who could be against this?

The answer is that the usual environmental zealots, in coordination of course with the UN, have embarked on a war against nitrogen. Or maybe it’s a war on all agriculture, with nitrogen just being the excuse. You be the judge.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/08/08/net-zero-is-not-just-for-carbon-emissions-now-its-nitrogen/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Net Zero Is Not Just For Carbon Emissions — Now It’s Nitrogen
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 06:09:35 pm »
:facepalm2:

That's what the Dutch and Norwegian farmers are complaining about, and what brought down Sri Lanka.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Net Zero Is Not Just For Carbon Emissions — Now It’s Nitrogen
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 06:13:15 pm »
I never liked nitrogen.  It seemed unnatural for a non-noble gas to be inert.  There had to be something wrong with that.

The real enemy is hydrogen, the element responsible for the sun being too hot for Al Gore's liking.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.