Author Topic: World Economic Forum calls to reduce private vehicles by eliminating 'ownership'  (Read 574 times)

rebewranger

CARS Published July 28
World Economic Forum calls to reduce private vehicles by eliminating 'ownership'

World Economic Forum says steps need to be taken to reduce reliance on critical metals amid green energy push

By Caitlin McFall FOXBusiness

FOX Business Flash top headlines for July 28
Check out what's clicking on FoxBusiness.com.

The World Economic Forum is looking to reduce global reliance on critical metals as nations look to make the transition to renewable energy supplies, and one proposal is reducing ownership of private vehicles.

"This transition from fossil fuels to renewables will need large supplies of critical metals such as cobalt, lithium, nickel, to name a few," the forum said in a report earlier this month. "Shortages of these critical minerals could raise the costs of clean energy technologies."

The international lobbying organization based in Switzerland has proposed three solutions for lowering the costs of critical metals used in everything from cellphones and electric vehicles to wind turbines and efficient lighting.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/world-economic-forum-calls-reduce-private-vehicles-by-eliminating-ownership
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 06:00:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

No private property ... nothing for government to tax, and no revenue to fund government.  No laws or law enforcement to prevent me from stealing rich people's stuff.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

No private property ... nothing for government to tax, and no revenue to fund government.  No laws or law enforcement to prevent me from stealing rich people's stuff.

We will be put into FEMA camps for slave labor.  Those that are too old, too weak or ill will be disposed of.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Come and get it.
The Republic is lost.

Online Kamaji

A lack of ostensible private property in the USSR, GDR, Cuba, etc, didn't lead to a lack of any policing; if anything, their policing was heavier, not lighter.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Based on some hyperinflation scenarios I am seeing, a new vehicle may cost $250K in a few years anyway.  That'll do a good job of elimationing ownership.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Should this be moved to "World News"?   @rangerrebew

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"You will own nothing ... whether you like it, or not...!"