Author Topic: Fed officials signal sharp rate hikes to continue as inflation surges  (Read 491 times)

Offline Kamaji

Fed officials signal sharp rate hikes to continue as inflation surges

By Thomas Barrabi
August 8, 2022

A pair of top Federal Reserve officials is indicating that additional sharp interest rate hikes are on the way as the central bank scrambles to bring down decades-high inflation.

San Francisco Fed President Mary Daly said Sunday that the Fed is “far from done” in its effort to lower prices. Daly is a member of the rate-making Federal Open Markets Committee on a rotating basis, but doesn’t have a vote this year.

Daly said another half-percentage point hike was “absolutely” possible when the Fed next meets in September. The central bank has hiked its benchmark rate by a larger-than-normal three-quarters of a percentage point last month after inflation surged to 9.1%.

“We need to leave our minds open. We have two more inflation reports coming out, another jobs report,” Daly said during a Sunday appearance on CBS’s “Face The Nation.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/08/fed-officials-signal-sharp-rate-hikes-to-continue-as-inflation-surges/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Fed officials signal sharp rate hikes to continue as inflation surges
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 03:19:31 pm »
I feel so sorry for the young folks just getting started who will be missing the chance to buy an affordable home.

This is on you, Pedo Joe.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Fed officials signal sharp rate hikes to continue as inflation surges
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 09:19:36 pm »
The rate "hikes" aren't high enough.
They need to go higher -- MUCH higher.