Author Topic: FIRST ON FOX: Petito family announces bombshell $50M wrongful death lawsuit against MOAB police  (Read 349 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 8, 2022 12:29pm EDT
Gabby Petito’s parents announce wrongful death lawsuit against Moab police over Brian Laundrie 911 call
A witness told Moab police on Aug. 12, 2021, that he saw Brian Laundrie slapping and hitting Gabby Petito in broad daylight
By Michael Ruiz | Fox News

FIRST ON FOX: Lawyers for Gabby Petito’s parents announced Monday that they will file a $50 million wrongful death lawsuit against the Moab Police Department, two officers who interacted with her just days before her death and two former leaders.

The family alleges that Moab officers Eric Pratt and Daniel Robbins failed to properly handle a 911 call in which a witness claimed he saw Brian Laundrie hitting Petito and trying to steal her phone and drive off without her in the middle of downtown Moab.

Fox News Digital was first to report the Aug. 12, 2021, domestic 911 call last year. Roughly two weeks after Moab police pulled over the couple in the entranceway to Arches National Park, Laundrie is believed to have bludgeoned Petito and strangled her to death at a Bridger-Teton National Forest campground in Wyoming, where they’d traveled as part of their cross-country van-life road trip.

"Had the officers involved had training to implement proper lethality assessment and to recognize the obvious indicators of abuse, it would have been clear to them that Gabby was a victim of intimate partner violence and needed immediate protection," Brian Stewart, a lawyer for the family, said in a statement.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petitos-parents-announce-wrongful-death-lawsuit-moab-police-brian-laundrie-911-call
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

This is interesting and I'm not sure which side I am on. There was a witness that informed the police of Landry's abuse. But, if I recall from earlier reports that when the police stopped Landry and Gabby, that Gabby told them that everything was ok.

Should the police have recognized an abusive relationship?  Since they received a report of Landry slapping her, that to me indicates perhaps they should have investigated the situation.  Did they at that point have the right to bring in Landry for questioning?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
 IIRC, unless the officers observed the act, or the victim complains, the call is over unless there are definite signs of abuse. The parents are going to sue two cops for not getting a complaint from the alleged victim?

Sorry, it's a shame about the whole mess, and the two kids, but the cops did what they, legally, could, and if the girl said everything was okay, their hands were tied.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis